The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 October 2017, 02:27 AM   #1
Boothy84
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR, DJ
Easylink Clasp

Hi guys,

Recently purchased a GMT with easylink, had my local AD size the bracelet for me. The sizing is fine but I'm wondering if the clasp is as it should be. I guess it could come down to personal preference but;

One side of the clasp has 6 links, the other has 4. Obviously this means the clasp is bias to being on the left side as you look at the photo. Is this the norm?
I take it the lady who resized it for me knew what she was doing.

Not sure whether to have a link put it on the side with 4 and one taken out on the side with 6 to centre the clasp on the underside of my wrist more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boothy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 02:34 AM   #2
Spoonage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I have 6 on the 12 o’clock side (not including the easy link) and 5 on the 6 o’clock side. So I have 1 more link than you but it sits almost even... You can try to move a link to even out the clasp on the bottom of your wrist if it bothers you that much.
Spoonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 02:39 AM   #3
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
It is common to have more links on the 12 o'clock side...but the only real rule of sizing is how it feels to you. I like the GMT with the 4/6 set up, but we're all different with different wrist sizes and shapes.

Looks like you might try taking a link off the 12 o'clock side and adding it to the 6 o'clock side. It sure won't hurt anything to try it...you can always switch back if you don't.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 02:42 AM   #4
kauffee
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
Great looking watch by the way. Congrats.

As said, this is a fairly typical setup. Wear it for a while and if it's not totally comfortable, try it 5/5 and see if that's better for you. Just make sure the person who sizes it knows what they're doing with the screwdriver.
kauffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 02:43 AM   #5
heygawgaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 16600
I often pondered this as well. The premise is if the clasp is centered on the underside of my wrist will the watch itself be centered on the backside of the wrist and not slump over one way or the other? (outside or inside of wrist when brought up to look at watch)
I guess experimentation and personalization is all one can do....be careful though, too much monkeying around could lead to unwanted results. (scratches, fugo screw heads, etc)
heygawgaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 02:49 AM   #6
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
It is common to have more links on the 12 o'clock side...but the only real rule of sizing is how it feels to you. I like the GMT with the 4/6 set up, but we're all different with different wrist sizes and shapes.

Looks like you might try taking a link off the 12 o'clock side and adding it to the 6 o'clock side. It sure won't hurt anything to try it...you can always switch back if you don't.
^this. In all honesty it will be fine as is, but is easy to experiment. When I had my exp II I had exactly the same, and the one out the 12 and in the 6 worked just fine.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 02:52 AM   #7
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Take one or two links out from 12 o'clock and see how it settles. After more than a year, i returned to my AD to have my Sub resized again. Normally, the bracelet should have the same number of links on both sides, which is very close to how i wear it now, but the shape of the wrist plays a big part on how the clasp will wear. I can't have the clasp centred without loosing the comfort of how the case sits and wrist movement. Most important is not to override the extremities.
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 02:57 AM   #8
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Normal. Is the watch comfortable the way it sits?? If so, move on. Symmetry and comfort are not related with watch fitment since every wrist differs.
Old 24 October 2017, 02:58 AM   #9
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Get a good screwdriver and tinker until you get the correct fit.

From your picture, it looks clear that one link should be moved to the other side.

I think I spent two days of moving links around and adjusting the clasp to get the fit that I was comfortable with.
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 02:59 AM   #10
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by heygawgaw View Post
....be careful though, too much monkeying around could lead to unwanted results. (scratches, fugo screw heads, etc)
Unfortunately this is true, had 2 different ADs that sized my watch, both left some marks on it. It only went almost perfectly well when i bought it, while the stickers were still on it.
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 03:20 AM   #11
Auto16610
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexOmegaPanerai
5 & 5

That would drive me bananas. I wonder why they didn't just leave 5 links on one side and 5 on the other?
Auto16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 03:53 AM   #12
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Too many people dwell on the visuals when they think "centered".

It's not the outside visual look, but the entire clasp, including the deployant blades against your wrist.

Yours looks "centered", but you should be comfortable as well. Put the links wherever you want to achieve this.
Old 24 October 2017, 04:22 AM   #13
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Too many people dwell on the visuals when they think "centered".

It's not the outside visual look, but the entire clasp, including the deployant blades against your wrist.

Yours looks "centered", but you should be comfortable as well. Put the links wherever you want to achieve this.
Precisely! I always fit it so the blades are as close to centered as possible...that’s the most comfortable position I’ve come across.
Explorer 124270
Omega Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary
uansari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 04:33 AM   #14
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothy84 View Post
Hi guys,

Recently purchased a GMT with easylink, had my local AD size the bracelet for me. The sizing is fine but I'm wondering if the clasp is as it should be. I guess it could come down to personal preference but;

One side of the clasp has 6 links, the other has 4. Obviously this means the clasp is bias to being on the left side as you look at the photo. Is this the norm?

Not sure whether to have a link put it on the side with 4 and one taken out on the side with 6 to centre the clasp on the underside of my wrist more.
This is same setup on my Batman, but on my wrist the clasp is pretty much centered and the case sits comfortably on top. I've thought about making it 5 & 5, but didn't feel like messing with it. So it all depends on the shape of your wrist.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 09:02 AM   #15
Watchgeek5000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I had the exact same problem with mine. If I have 4 links at 6:00 and 5 links at 12:00 the watch is centered on my wrist, only problem is the clasp looks really off center and riding to high up my wrist toward the 6:00 side. If I center the clasp then the watch itself drifts over towards the 12:00 side and is not centered on the wrist. The Submariner fixed the problem in two ways. Larger clasp, so it appears more centered and a half link to go on the 6:00 side. I finally gave up on GMT's because of this problem.
Watchgeek5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 09:07 AM   #16
the_natural
"TRF" Member

I'm running the usual 4/6 on my Explorer; it's a perfect fit and looks fine, too.
the_natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 10:37 AM   #17
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothy84 View Post
That's your first mistake. The Rolex AD is the weak link in the Rolex buying process. I'd love to order straight rom Rolex for a 38% discount.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote