The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 19 January 2019, 09:18 AM   #1
6CAB5N
"TRF" Member

Need recommendations: bombproof, no leaks, thicker (and not super hard) grip, and a s

I might be hunting for a unicorn here, but I’m hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction.

I’d like a pen that:

• Has a bit of a thicker grip. But, there’s a but... finding something comfortable is a bit of a problem for me. I’m missing part of my index finger, so that when I grip a pen, it’s mostly in contact with bone. So smooth, hard surfaces hurt like hell after some use. I’ve had good luck with textured barrels, better luck with non-round pens (e.g hexagonal), and the best luck with coated or soft barrels, which I assume won’t be found on a “nice” pen

• Absolutely will not leak - my briefcase cost more than my first car (and my first Omega, now that I think about it). I think this entirely rules out fountain pens.

• Has panache? Maybe that sounds obnoxious, how about: Suitable for a senior tech professional who still uses paper and meets with all sorts (literal scientists, design professionals, engineers, and business minded folk) It doesn’t have to be buttoned-up conservative at all given what I do, but I’d really like something “nice”.

I really appreciate any suggestions folks here might have. So, thanks in advance.
6CAB5N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 06:12 PM   #2
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Conid Kingsize Bulkfiller. Large (MB 149 size), though not padded “section” (that’s the grip), shit off valve so there’s no way the ink can leak with movement or pressure changes. It comes in demonstrator (the name for clear barrels where you can see the mechanism and ink) or ebonite - a black glossy hard rubber. They are the best pens ever made.

https://www.conidpen.com/kingsize/

If you’re serious, head over to the Fountain Pen Network - they’ll have much better advice than on here.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 03:01 AM   #3
6CAB5N
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Conid Kingsize Bulkfiller. Large (MB 149 size), though not padded “section” (that’s the grip), shit off valve so there’s no way the ink can leak with movement or pressure changes. It comes in demonstrator (the name for clear barrels where you can see the mechanism and ink) or ebonite - a black glossy hard rubber. They are the best pens ever made.

https://www.conidpen.com/kingsize/

If you’re serious, head over to the Fountain Pen Network - they’ll have much better advice than on here.

That is super cool!
Thanks for the tip, I shall check out that forum, but damn... that is a nice pen.
6CAB5N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 12:46 AM   #4
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CAB5N View Post

That is super cool!
Thanks for the tip, I shall check out that forum, but damn... that is a nice pen.
Montblanc Starwalker rubber with roller/BP/fineliner refill.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote