The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 17 April 2019, 01:47 AM   #1
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Thoughts On Millenary 4101?

I'd like to get some overall feedback on this watch.

I've never really looked at AP because I'm not a fan of the Royal Oak line and I'd pretty much assumed that was their bread and butter.

I've seen a couple of the Millenary 4101 watches come up recently though and I think it's a really good looking watch. Maybe a little big for what I usually wear, but it's definitely striking.

So, how is it viewed by AP collectors and fanciers? What are the pluses and minuses of this watch?
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 03:55 AM   #2
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Very nice watch in the hand, movement is mesmerizing, I'm afraid secondary market is very weak even if you buy right second hand, it's just not very popular.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 03:55 AM   #3
Urooj
Banned

It’s a stunning variation...I personally love the oval shape and the skeleton dial revealing the movement is homage to haute horology and AP prowess...RG is what I used to own and prefer to steel...you can get a great unbelievable discount on a second hand piece as supposedly they didn’t do that well in regard to popularity and design acceptance so if you look around hard I’m sure you can get a great deal on it..good luck
Urooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 04:42 AM   #4
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urooj View Post
It’s a stunning variation...I personally love the oval shape and the skeleton dial revealing the movement is homage to haute horology and AP prowess...RG is what I used to own and prefer to steel...you can get a great unbelievable discount on a second hand piece as supposedly they didn’t do that well in regard to popularity and design acceptance so if you look around hard I’m sure you can get a great deal on it..good luck
Just curious why you prefer the steel, I had seen the steel in person but was thinking about a RG that had popped up and decided not to move forward.
Old 17 April 2019, 07:54 AM   #5
kd845
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26331BA | 15500OR
This was my first expensive piece that I ever owned and saved up over a year for. I bought Grey market (steel version) and fell in love with the AP brand and the general obsession of wrist-watches.

Looking back - I should have bought used (had I known better) and yes this model in the resale market will always take a back seat to the Royal Oak brothers. So if your worried about resale, go used for sure and definitely in Steel as the RG will be hard to unload.

The dial is really fun, you will love the skeleton.
kd845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 05:18 PM   #6
Urooj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
Just curious why you prefer the steel, I had seen the steel in person but was thinking about a RG that had popped up and decided not to move forward.
I stand corrected...I was referring it to RG as my choice of preference over steel...RG dial has an amazing contrast...
Old 17 April 2019, 05:23 PM   #7
Urooj
Banned

Quote:
I stand corrected...I was referring it to RG as my choice of preference over steel...RG dial has an amazing contrast...
pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3DF9882A-F2CD-43C6-8294-629FD592207A.jpeg (262.8 KB, 156 views)
Old 17 April 2019, 08:32 PM   #8
Sho-nuff
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP │ ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdaniel View Post
I'd like to get some overall feedback on this watch.
I was interested a few years ago but I decided to pass. When I saw it in person I felt that the main dial and sub-seconds dial were too small and cramped for the wide case. I put my thoughts at the time in this thread: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...31&postcount=6
Sho-nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 09:15 PM   #9
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I think it is unfairly maligned, has a lot of lovely crafted aspects, esp if you like the shape, and buyable for great prices.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 04:00 AM   #10
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
pic
I agree, its gorgeous in RG.