The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 April 2019, 08:03 AM   #1
MavaTalluru
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP15500ST Grey
Incoming! 15500ST Grey

Okay, so this is my story -
I never went to an AP boutique.
I never saw a Royal Oak in person.
I just recently turned 25. It won't break the bank for me but it will restrict me from buying another piece for a long time - which I am totally fine with.
My collection includes an Omega Speedmaster Sapphire, Rolex Datejust, G-Shock all steel, Citizen Skyhawk Titanium and... an apple watch for the gym.
But after seeing the royal oak and reading/ researching about the brand for 8-10 months, I wanted one soooo bad.
I called everywhere for a 15400 and I couldn't get one at retail. Then the 15500ST released and I knew I had to act early. I chose the Grey based upon recommendations from this forum and a couple of reviews online.
They just told me that they shipped the watch - scheduled for delivery tomorrow 4/18/2019!

The whole point is, I never wanted to go to a boutique - I never wanted to try it on. I know it won't be too big for sure as I have a flat 7'' wrist. The first time I see a royal oak - it should be mine. I just want to know how that experience feels. I won't be trying it on until May 3rd when I get to size it in NYC. I'll post pictures of the watch when I receive it and will let you know how the dial looks and feels.

Special Thanks to AP Miami for being able to deliver the watch to a customer in Michigan so quickly without ever meeting me in person and with no prior relationship. They told me it is one of the first pieces they received- to give it to a customer like me when I am sure they have top-notch clientele waiting for the watch is awesome - They trusted me as I told them how badly I want one - I even told them ill wait a year if they want me to (Rolex AD's please take notes).
MavaTalluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 08:40 AM   #2
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
Congrats in advance, I think you're gonna love it. I bought a 15710 without ever trying one on or seeing it. This rarely leaves my wrist.

Also in Detroit area BTW!
Rolex 116710 BLNR
And a few others...
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 08:50 AM   #3
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Sounds good but May is a still a couple of weeks away so wait till you actually have the watch before getting too excited, you don't know the politics once the watch is actually in store.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 09:02 AM   #4
MavaTalluru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Sounds good but May is a still a couple of weeks away so wait till you actually have the watch before getting too excited, you don't know the politics once the watch is actually in the store.
Sorry about that! they actually shipped the watch lol! it'll arrive tomorrow but I won't wear until I go to NYC on May 3rd was my point. I made the edit on the main post.
Old 18 April 2019, 10:25 AM   #5
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Congratulations.

It's too late, but you could have told them your wrist size and asked them to size it for you before shipping. I had the Bal Harbour Boutique do that for my RO, so I could wear it right away.

But in the end, it was still a bit too loose for my liking, and I removed another link myself, very carefully with a good quality jewelers screwdriver. It was easy, and no damage to the screwheads or links. Put a toothpick dab of purple loctite in the screwhole just to be sure.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 10:54 AM   #6
Soly20
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Congrats! A fine piece.
Soly20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 11:36 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Congrats! APNY and Bal Harbor don’t play games if they take a deposit you’re getting a watch soon. Glad they took good care of you and please post some pics when it arrives.
Old 18 April 2019, 11:53 AM   #8
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Congrats! Looking forward to pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 April 2019, 12:06 PM   #9
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
Congrats! You picked a great watch for a “last watch for a while” watch!
Old 18 April 2019, 12:29 PM   #10
Chary
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15407ST
Congrats!!!

Instagram: Chary1
Chary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 12:48 PM   #11
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavaTalluru View Post
Okay, so this is my story -
I never went to an AP boutique.
I never saw a Royal Oak in person.
I just recently turned 25. It won't break the bank for me but it will restrict me from buying another piece for a long time - which I am totally fine with.
My collection includes an Omega Speedmaster Sapphire, Rolex Datejust, G-Shock all steel, Citizen Skyhawk Titanium and... an apple watch for the gym.
But after seeing the royal oak and reading/ researching about the brand for 8-10 months, I wanted one soooo bad.
I called everywhere for a 15400 and I couldn't get one at retail. Then the 15500ST released and I knew I had to act early. I chose the Grey based upon recommendations from this forum and a couple of reviews online.
They just told me that they shipped the watch - scheduled for delivery tomorrow 4/18/2019!

The whole point is, I never wanted to go to a boutique - I never wanted to try it on. I know it won't be too big for sure as I have a flat 7'' wrist. The first time I see a royal oak - it should be mine. I just want to know how that experience feels. I won't be trying it on until May 3rd when I get to size it in NYC. I'll post pictures of the watch when I receive it and will let you know how the dial looks and feels.

Special Thanks to AP Miami for being able to deliver the watch to a customer in Michigan so quickly without ever meeting me in person and with no prior relationship. They told me it is one of the first pieces they received- to give it to a customer like me when I am sure they have top-notch clientele waiting for the watch is awesome - They trusted me as I told them how badly I want one - I even told them ill wait a year if they want me to (Rolex AD's please take notes).

Was that the Bal Harbor boutique in Miami? If so, that’s interesting because I spoke to the boutique manager 2 months ago and offered to put a deposit down for a grey one. I was told that they were giving preference to their existing customers, were not taking any more deposits, and that it would be at least a year before I might get one.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 03:36 PM   #12
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Was that the Bal Harbor boutique in Miami? If so, that’s interesting because I spoke to the boutique manager 2 months ago and offered to put a deposit down for a grey one. I was told that they were giving preference to their existing customers, were not taking any more deposits, and that it would be at least a year before I might get one.
I feel like it just depends on the mood of the person talking to you. I was able to place a deposit on a black on in NYC, however, when I went a day prior they had told me there are no more allocations. Literally ext day I went with a friend to just show him the the 15500 and they miraculously said they had openings for both black and grey (which they denied on day earlier). At the same time some posters on the forum said they went around that same time and were told no more allocations.
I also emailed Bal Harbour and was told no allocations yet some people say they got 15202 there as one first time buyers.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 04:09 PM   #13
tyngshen
"TRF" Member

Perhaps supply for the 15500 isn’t as tight as we’d think.

tyngshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 07:46 PM   #14
chows99
"TRF" Member

I am also able to get allocation for 15500 within this year but only black or grey.

Which color is better? Of course blue is out for me since I am no VIP.
chows99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 08:00 PM   #15
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
I feel like it just depends on the mood of the person talking to you. I was able to place a deposit on a black on in NYC, however, when I went a day prior they had told me there are no more allocations. Literally ext day I went with a friend to just show him the the 15500 and they miraculously said they had openings for both black and grey (which they denied on day earlier). At the same time some posters on the forum said they went around that same time and were told no more allocations.
I also emailed Bal Harbour and was told no allocations yet some people say they got 15202 there as one first time buyers.
Indeed it is all very variable now, but looks like OP is in a pretty safe position now so good for him.
Old 18 April 2019, 08:47 PM   #16
bronzeband00
Banned

Nice write-up. Congrats
bronzeband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 09:31 PM   #17
johnnydrama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
Maybe the trick is to bring a +1! A friend joined me at the NYC boutique as well (neither of us have an AP today) and we were offered 25% deposits on the grey only. This was April 6.
johnnydrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 09:54 PM   #18
MavaTalluru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Yes it was the Bal Harbor boutique. I think they got to know more about the allocation information. It’s better if we keep calling them from time to time - don’t know when things will change and we will get lucky
Old 18 April 2019, 09:59 PM   #19
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Congrats! Wear and enjoy the hell out of it :)
Old 18 April 2019, 10:00 PM   #20
MavaTalluru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chows99 View Post
I am also able to get allocation for 15500 within this year but only black or grey.

Which color is better? Of course blue is out for me since I am no VIP.
The main reason I did not go for the black is because - although it has great contrast and is a safer option, our collections will have many black dials anyway. The grey is so unique. It feels like it is a color scheme bought in to cater the younger generation looking for an RO. From videos, I feel the grey is a lot more playful with the light also! The Vegas and B hills boutiques also told me that the grey are much lesser in number than the black but the black is a bit more in demand.
Old 19 April 2019, 01:05 AM   #21
MavaTalluru
"TRF" Member

Incoming! 15500ST Grey

Here it is, didn’t have time to take many photos as I had to run back to work:

You have to see it in person to believe how gorgeous that dial is, and I am saying that without peeling the stickers off!

My jaw dropped when I saw that dial for the first time in my life. Stunning stunning piece. I am sooo glad I chose the grey ! Photos can’t do justice for that dial, it’s not even close. The case back is divine also! Yippie I can’t stop staring at its pictures till the evening before I go back to it!

Old 19 April 2019, 01:07 AM   #22
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

So it is real... and looks stunning, enjoy! Looks like a cool graphite shade.
Old 19 April 2019, 02:32 AM   #23
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Congratulations, it looks great!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 02:51 AM   #24
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Awesome

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 02:59 AM   #25
agentmeister5
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
agentmeister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 04:19 AM   #26
jkesquire
"TRF" Member

Congrats!

I just purchased a 26405ce offshore a couple weeks back (black ceramic with the blue tipped needles) directly from the boutique in NYC. it was a wonderful experience. Manuela called me that morning to inform me that the watch had arrived. I went to the boutique with my wife, enjoyed their champagne, watched them open the box directly from the factory so I knew I was the first person to ever try on the watch, and it was an overall wonderful experience. My wife and I tried on some other watches which I expect to add to the collection in the coming years. I would ask for Manuela when you go there to get the bracelet sized. She's just awesome
jkesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 08:15 AM   #27
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
That looks fantastic! Congratulations