The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 April 2019, 12:50 AM   #1
Noahsi
"TRF" Member

Help identify this royal oak

Edit: after writing the below I’ve learned that I cannot yet post images on here for some reason, if I could send it to someone else to post for me that would be helpful..

Hello!

I’ve just received a vintage royal oak. This watch belonged to my grandfather which then was passed on to my uncle when my grandfather passed away about 10 years ago. My uncle isn’t much into watches so after 10 years of not really wearing it he eventually decided to give it to me, and I’ve had it for about a week. I figure it’s got to be around 25 years old at this point, a little beat up but special to me nonetheless. A couple of days ago it was running very fast but now seems to have settled down at least over night last night which was the first time I wore it out. It’s still a bit too big so I am going to take it to the AP boutique today to remove a link or two.

Anyway, I've done some searching and I think this is probably a 14790 but I’m not totally sure. I’ve seen a little info about the 4100 as well but I’m not sure how one would tell the difference between them. If it helps the back of the case does not seem to have a serial number on it, just a number in the low 100s.

Any help on identifying this would be appreciated!

Also, I’m assuming the crown is meant to screw more into the case... not sure if the threads are stripped or it’s just been left unscrewed for too long but can’t seem to screw it in. Any idea what it would cost to service?

Thanks again!
Noahsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 06:37 AM   #2
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

How could we possibly help without seeing a photo?
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 08:04 AM   #3
APAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
How could we possibly help without seeing a photo?
Maybe OP is hopeful we have a police sketch artist here on TRF.
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote