The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 February 2022, 09:47 AM   #24
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPPP View Post
Hi guys! Hoping to tap into your collective wisdom. Given how much 15202 prices have increased over time in the secondary market (which is the only realistic way for me to get one), and given that these would be available in my country at the same price, which would you prefer to buy (for frequent wearing and some value protection/retention):

USED 15202 jumbo steel: best looking, but used condition. not into investing but of course it does seem to be overpriced (no one likes to overpay!) given that its the same price for steel uncomplicated vs gold complication.

grey dealer new green "john mayor" rolex daytona chronograph: gold, trendy, also very nice watch, very iconic by now.

new VC Overseas gold bracelet from VC boutique: very new, very cool, beautiful thick gold bracelet that says wow. VC is also holy trinity but looks wise the blue dial seems abit too "royal" blue/iphone 12 blue to me. Anyone reckon VC overseas will become the next big thing?

Thank you for any inputs, having a hard time deciding
Of the 3, I will pick the JM Daytona. I think it’s almost to the point of discontinuation anytime now. I never like the 15202, the JLC movement and the non quick set date drives me nuts each time. Aesthetic wise it’s a beauty and I’m glad the 16202 solves all the problems I had with it. (Not going to get into any argument with the 15202 purists here….) the VC blue is too sunburst for my liking. If it was the blue used for the QP then it’s beautiful.

Between the JM Daytona and the 16202 - no question the 16202. AP finishing is higher level than any Rolex.

So for me it’s 16202 > JM Daytona 116508 > 15202 > VCO
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote