The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 1 August 2021, 05:03 AM   #331
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
I love Canada Brian. Kelowna BC is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been.
And Jasper National Park, truly stunning.

DAVE

Old 1 August 2021, 05:25 AM   #332
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
So you do buy Playboy for the articles after all.
Yes, and to read between the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
You forgot stone crab, I love stone crab.
Yup. Also forgot NASA, SpaceX, the penis rocket guy... and home to the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Tampa Bay Lightening football team with GOAT Tom Brady. Florida is also not half bad at ice hockey too, or so the Stanley Cup told me

So........... Where are we again? Of yeah, Florida versus California
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 1 August 2021, 05:33 AM   #333
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Yes, and to read between the lines.

Yup. Also forgot NASA, SpaceX, the penis rocket guy... and home to the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Tampa Bay Lightening football team with GOAT Tom Brady. Florida is also not half bad at ice hockey too, or so the Stanley Cup told me

So........... Where are we again? Of yeah, Florida versus California
Is my room ready Steven?
Old 1 August 2021, 05:47 AM   #334
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Is my room ready Steven?
Yes, is this view ok?

https://public.earthcam.net/annamari...ch_resort/live
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 1 August 2021, 07:41 AM   #335
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Yes, that will work.
Old 1 August 2021, 08:06 AM   #336
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:

You on AMI? I figured you were a little more south of Longboat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 August 2021, 08:24 AM   #337
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
You on AMI? I figured you were a little more south of Longboat.
We have a couple... different locations.

We should do a GTG @ the Key Club? Surely I'm not the only longtime member here on TRF. They really did a great job at the renovation and new pool area. Of course there's always on-beach service too. I can get Paul a discount on a room, yet he might be broke so we'll haveta pitch in. Worth it

http://75.151.66.58/aca/index.html#view

Old 1 August 2021, 08:35 AM   #338
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
He’s brilliant.

I agree. I always recommend Victor Davis Hanson. His book “The Second World Wars” is great.
Old 1 August 2021, 09:59 AM   #339
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
We have a couple... different locations.

We should do a GTG @ the Key Club? Surely I'm not the only longtime member here on TRF. They really did a great job at the renovation and new pool area. Of course there's always on-beach service too. I can get Paul a discount on a room, yet he might be broke so we'll haveta pitch in. Worth it

http://75.151.66.58/aca/index.html#view

I’m down for the Key club. Not a member though.

I know this is going to sound outlandish but...... how about a trolley crawl on AMI (all establishments, even the skanchor) and make bets on who gets lost first, who loses their watch first, etc etc. Plus afterwards I can walk home. Selfish, maybe.

Old 1 August 2021, 10:58 AM   #340
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’m down for the Key club. Not a member though.

I know this is going to sound outlandish but...... how about a trolley crawl on AMI (all establishments, even the skanchor) and make bets on who gets lost first, who loses their watch first, etc etc. Plus afterwards I can walk home. Selfish, maybe.
Mmmaybe, but that's me being selfish. See, I did the walk around with group drinking at bars thing during Madi Gras. Problem is, i don't drink alcohol (yet have here Macallan 18 year, JW Blue, XO, Grey Goose... five different champagnes... for guests in my home).

ANYWHO....

I'm down for whatever others want to do and a crawl is fun. Since that's your island, you figure a date and start a new thread. Look fwd to a TRF gtg on the island. I'm trying to get Mayors to allow us to do a GTG, of course that takes time and planning.

Old 1 August 2021, 11:08 AM   #341
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Mmmaybe, but that's me being selfish. See, I did the walk around with group drinking at bars thing during Madi Gras. Problem is, i don't drink alcohol (yet have here Macallan 18 year, JW Blue, XO, Grey Goose... five different champagnes... for guests in my home).

ANYWHO....

I'm down for whatever others want to do and a crawl is fun. Since that's your island, you figure a date and start a new thread. Look fwd to a TRF gtg on the island. I'm trying to get Mayors to allow us to do a GTG, of course that takes time and planning.

Sweet!! Mayors at UTC doesn’t seem to like me much but that may just be I walked in looking like a beach bum both times. Realistically I’m probably not the guy to start a GTG. I am curious how many of us are within an hour of here though. I assume you’re LWR ish?

Old 1 August 2021, 11:42 AM   #342
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
Sweet!! Mayors at UTC doesn’t seem to like me much but that may just be I walked in looking like a beach bum both times. Realistically I’m probably not the guy to start a GTG. I am curious how many of us are within an hour of here though. I assume you’re LWR ish?

Please let us know. We are at Lido Key often enough and will be soon. Years ago we had large GTG’s in Tampa and would meet at the Mayors at the mall in Tampa.
Old 1 August 2021, 10:42 PM   #343
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
It would be their Tampa location, and yes-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
Please let us know. We are at Lido Key often enough and will be soon. Years ago we had large GTG’s in Tampa and would meet at the Mayors at the mall in Tampa.
Yup, and I missed it :( Let's hope they want us for another one in the coming month(s).

Old 2 August 2021, 12:28 AM   #344
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
It would be their Tampa location, and yes-ish.

Yup, and I missed it :( Let's hope they want us for another one in the coming month(s).
I’m sure they will. It was good for several watch sales. A young man purchased a UN Freak. We had several come over from England. James Dowling and Jeff Hess were at several events.
Old 2 August 2021, 04:27 AM   #345
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I second the stone crab.

Holy cow that stone crab stash is almost worth as much as a Rolex
Old 3 August 2021, 03:14 PM   #346
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
My wife and I are SoCal natives and have never lived elsewhere. I would visit family in Arkansas during my summers, but that's it. My wife has been dying to leave. She said there are way too many people here and you can't even drive 5 miles in less than 30 minutes during the day. I never saw myself living anywhere else, but I have relented. We are Memphis bound at the end of the month. I really think this will get it out of her system and we will move back soon. I'm looking forward to seeing more of my dad and paternal family (they all live an hour from Memphis in Arkansas).
Old 3 August 2021, 11:06 PM   #347
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned is that we are all creatures of feeling comfort around certain people, partly because of our personality, partly because of closeness to family and perhaps partly because of social reasons.

When I moved from Canada to LA people asked me about culture shock. For me there wasn't any really. I lived in a dynamic area in Canada with can-do people and LA was all energy and possibilities so it felt great.

I lived in Portland OR area for a year and instantly felt, "these are not my people". Too nuts and granola, plaid shirts, inappropriate facial hair, coffee fanatics for my taste and we left pretty quickly.

So I think there is more to moving to areas than weather, or beauty or real estate. There is the feeling of belonging or not belonging there.

And of course some people have never left home and ventured out into the world for comfort, family and fear reasons. So they just stayed put and settled, or not. And of course some people have left home, and eventually returned for whatever reasons.

But I think reasons for living and moving to other areas is way more complex than, jobs, or getting a bigger house or taxes. It's more like "are these my people, or not?"

Wait, ......is that banjo music????
Old 4 August 2021, 02:09 AM   #348
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Banksy, great points.

Imho we need people to regularly move to different countries every five years... so we all better understand different cultures. From Burkas and repression in the Middle East to Rio's topless beach freedom and all in between. From Denmark's culture to Tahiti's openness....

Am humbled and grateful to have traveled the world and explored different locations and cultures.

Old 4 August 2021, 05:25 AM   #349
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Banksy, great points.

Imho we need people to regularly move to different countries every five years... so we all better understand different cultures. From Burkas and repression in the Middle East to Rio's topless beach freedom and all in between. From Denmark's culture to Tahiti's openness....

Am humbled and grateful to have traveled the world and explored different locations and cultures.

I fully support the Rio one.

Old 4 August 2021, 06:19 AM   #350
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
I fully support the Rio one.

If you're a breast supporter, doesn't that make you a bra, bro?

Oh never mind. I gotta get out more.
Old 4 August 2021, 07:36 AM   #351
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I gotta get out more.
Exactly

Been to Rio four times, Lake Lucerne three times, lived in SG for a few months, lived in England for six months.... Seriously, get out more

Old 4 August 2021, 08:30 AM   #352
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Food For Thought: If Florida was a country, it would rank 7th in the world at the 2020 Olympics for earning Gold medals.

Old 4 August 2021, 11:37 AM   #353
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Dying? That implies it has life left. No, CA is dead. It’s beautiful, I’d move to about 20 places there, Manhattan Beach being #1. But not as long as this government, or any remotely resembling it, is in charge. Sorry for the politics, but if we’re not talking about that, it’s the elephant in the room.
Old 4 August 2021, 02:44 PM   #354
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
[B]I LOVE CALIFORNIA![B]

It's funny how many Haters are out there, many who I doubt have ever been to the State.

If you live here and don't like it for whatever reason... Relocate!

If you don't live here and don't like it, stay where you are! IMHO

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 4 August 2021, 03:30 PM   #355
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
[B]I LOVE CALIFORNIA![B]

It's funny how many Haters are out there, many who I doubt have ever been to the State.

If you live here and don't like it for whatever reason... Relocate!

If you don't live here and don't like it, stay where you are! IMHO
Simple solution, right?
Old 4 August 2021, 09:06 PM   #356
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
One thing that hasn't really been mentioned is that we are all creatures of feeling comfort around certain people, partly because of our personality, partly because of closeness to family and perhaps partly because of social reasons.

When I moved from Canada to LA people asked me about culture shock. For me there wasn't any really. I lived in a dynamic area in Canada with can-do people and LA was all energy and possibilities so it felt great.

I lived in Portland OR area for a year and instantly felt, "these are not my people". Too nuts and granola, plaid shirts, inappropriate facial hair, coffee fanatics for my taste and we left pretty quickly.

So I think there is more to moving to areas than weather, or beauty or real estate. There is the feeling of belonging or not belonging there.

And of course some people have never left home and ventured out into the world for comfort, family and fear reasons. So they just stayed put and settled, or not. And of course some people have left home, and eventually returned for whatever reasons.

But I think reasons for living and moving to other areas is way more complex than, jobs, or getting a bigger house or taxes. It's more like "are these my people, or not?"

Wait, ......is that banjo music????
You didn't live near me in mennonite country then?

Fairly quiet here

20210804_070419.jpg20201110_070546.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 4 August 2021, 09:07 PM   #357
THC

Watch: 16610M
Nice pics Brian
Old 4 August 2021, 09:09 PM   #358
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Nice pics Brian
Thanks my friend. Anytime you find yourself one hour west of Toronto … you’re welcome anytime
Old 4 August 2021, 10:07 PM   #359
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
You didn't live near me in mennonite country then?

Fairly quiet here

Attachment 1236627Attachment 1236628

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

There’s something magnificent about a horse and buggy these days. The background makes the picture outstanding!!

Old 4 August 2021, 10:17 PM   #360
THC

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Thanks my friend. Anytime you find yourself one hour west of Toronto … you’re welcome anytime
Thanks but Paul will already be in the guest bedroom
Closed Thread