The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 3 August 2021, 06:35 PM   #61
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
The vaccine will give you 0% protection from contracting Covid-19 if you are exposed it it.
That's not the official position and you might want to check your facts

From CDC:

"COVID-19 vaccines help protect people who are vaccinated from getting COVID-19 or getting severely ill from COVID-19, including reducing the risk of hospitalization and death."

"Large-scale clinical studies found that COVID-19 vaccination prevented most people from getting COVID-19"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ugh-cases.html

The same narrative is supported by government here as well as by the WHO.

So no, refering to a previous post of yours, this is not common knowledge that a fully vaccinated person enjoys 0% protection from the vaccine and WILL 100% contract COVID-19 if exposed to it.

The actual, real life % of protection against contracting the disease is up for discussion and under evaluation.
Old 3 August 2021, 07:33 PM   #62
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Glad you’re alive and well.

Time for an edit: ‘Fully vaccinated and still got covid, but not in ICU so it’s doing the job. Get the shot’
Old 3 August 2021, 10:58 PM   #63
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
The vaccine will give you 0% protection from contracting Covid-19 if you are exposed it it.
This isn’t true. You all have to start taking responsibility for making false, inaccurate and misleading statements. There’s data and research to look up. Please start using it.

An effective vaccine will protect someone who receives it by lowering the chance of getting COVID-19 if the person encounters the coronavirus. More important is whether the vaccine prevents serious illness, hospitalization and death. At this time, all three vaccines are highly efficacious at preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death from COVID-19. Widespread vaccination means the coronavirus will not infect as many people. This will limit spread through communities and will restrict the virus’s opportunity to continue to mutate into new variants”
Source: Johns Hopkins
Old 4 August 2021, 01:38 AM   #64
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
I think the main problem is that the last 20-25% of the population is not getting the vaccine and are hoping the herd immunity kicks in. This is not good. I read the other day that 99% of people now hospitalized for COVID do not have any vaccinations. This is a tell tale sign. What peeves me is that when and if there is another lockdown, the business suffer, people suffer etc, and the population who complains the most of the lockdown…..the 20-25% of non vaccinated. Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could not have said it any better.

Hope you are out of it all soon OP and are feeling better.
Old 4 August 2021, 01:57 AM   #65
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatco View Post
/\ .. This is the most important stat. - Says it all....
No not really. But if it makes you feel better or others that’s what’s most important.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 4 August 2021, 02:00 AM   #66
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atone View Post
This isn’t true. You all have to start taking responsibility for making false, inaccurate and misleading statements. There’s data and research to look up. Please start using it.

An effective vaccine will protect someone who receives it by lowering the chance of getting COVID-19 if the person encounters the coronavirus. More important is whether the vaccine prevents serious illness, hospitalization and death. At this time, all three vaccines are highly efficacious at preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death from COVID-19. Widespread vaccination means the coronavirus will not infect as many people. This will limit spread through communities and will restrict the virus’s opportunity to continue to mutate into new variants”
Source: Johns Hopkins
You make a great point. There are also many false statements happening on this very thread about the effectiveness of the “vaccine”. Now who gets to play arbiter of that? Or is this thread one-sided?

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 4 August 2021, 02:05 AM   #67
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
And in the same article it states this:

Roughly 97% of new hospitalizations and 99.5% of deaths in the U.S. are among unvaccinated individuals, U.S. health officials repeated this week.
Thank you! These Stats Speak Volumes... People need to come together and fight this virus so we can be free again! Get The Jab!

FACT: The Covid-19 Vaccine WORKS and Helps SAVE LIVES!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 4 August 2021, 02:21 AM   #68
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Interesting statement. I'd love to read the research on this, please post. Thanks!
Old 4 August 2021, 02:35 AM   #69
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

The whole point of this thread is to stress out the fact that this vaccine is not a silver bullet.

There is a (somewhat understandable) rhetoric used by various authorities and media that portrays the vaccine as such. That is largely to encourage people into getting vaccinated.

But this is a dangerous practice as more and more people walk the streets in a false sense of security, letting down guard either because they are vaccinated or because they silently count on others being vaccinated. This is a recipe for disaster.

Authorities and scientists alike should use a single language based on clear facts and stop trying to either scare or appease the crowds.
These facts are simple:

1- The vaccine will reduce the possibility of contracting Covid-19
2- The vaccine will most likely prevent severe disease and hospitalization
3- Vaccinated individuals can contact and transit covid
4- There are no guarantees to the above

Based on current regulations in force, in my country at least, as a fully vaccinated individual, I am under no obligation whatsoever to undergo any kind of testing in my daily routine.

As for my very mild symptoms, I could easily ignore or chalk them up to a common cold I caught at the office from a colleague. She was much worse actually but, unlike myself, she was conclusively tested negative. I could think I got it mild and went on with my everyday life, spreading covid all over. I wouldn't be breaking any law in doing so...

I trust this explains why Covid keeps spreading like a wildfire even among high rate vaccinated communities.

There is no easy way out of this. As there was no easy way out of the financial crisis. Part of society needs to mature and accept that there are no shortcuts out of unpleasant situations, in general. Just hard work out of them.
Old 4 August 2021, 02:55 AM   #70
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
You make a great point. There are also many false statements happening on this very thread about the effectiveness of the “vaccine”. Now who gets to play arbiter of that? Or is this thread one-sided?
Let me guess, you did not get vaccinated?
Old 4 August 2021, 03:30 AM   #71
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I really don't mind / don't care for the people who choose not to get the vaccine and got sick. They choose to go through that. If they have health insurance, their treatment is even paid for.

What I can't stand is that their action increase the chance the virus mutating into something stronger. If they want to put themselves at high risk, I am not the one to judge. But if they are putting other people at higher risk, that I have a problem with.
Old 4 August 2021, 04:41 AM   #72
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Let me guess, you did not get vaccinated?
It appears he doesn't believe it's even a vaccine considering he put it in quotes. Perhaps he can elaborate and show us the other side.
Old 4 August 2021, 05:38 AM   #73
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I have a very simplistic way of looking at things.

I trust that the vaccine will protect me to a good extent against the virus, I also trust that any effects of the vaccine will harm me less than getting covid.

Bearing the above in mind, I got both jabs.

DAVE

Old 4 August 2021, 05:50 AM   #74
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post

I trust that the vaccine will protect me to a good extent against the virus, I also trust that any effects of the vaccine will harm me less than getting covid.

Dave, that was the exact thought process I used. I was unsure if I wanted to deal with the potential side effects of the vaccine but I was positive I didn't want to deal with confirmed side effects of Covid.
Old 4 August 2021, 06:42 AM   #75
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
I was unsure if I wanted to deal with the potential side effects of the vaccine but I was positive I didn't want to deal with confirmed side effects of Covid.
This is nicely summarized .
Old 4 August 2021, 06:46 AM   #76
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tswanenguni View Post
this is nicely summarized .
x 2.
Old 4 August 2021, 06:48 AM   #77
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
I was unsure if I wanted to deal with the potential side effects of the vaccine but I was positive I didn't want to deal with confirmed side effects of Covid.
Enough said!
Old 4 August 2021, 06:54 AM   #78
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post

Same Dave.

I’d also add that I’ve never been afraid of catching covid. I chose to get vaccinated for the well being of others who are more defenseless. Hopefully this will slow the spread.

In particular, my daughter who has asthma, my nephew who has downs and my elderly parents who live in a home.
Old 4 August 2021, 10:00 AM   #79
Atone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Same Dave.

I’d also add that I’ve never been afraid of catching covid. I chose to get vaccinated for the well being of others who are more defenseless. Hopefully this will slow the spread.

In particular, my daughter who has asthma, my nephew who has downs and my elderly parents who live in a home.
Agree with this 1000%. I’m pretty reckless myself. I’m here in N Ga right now with my mom who just had brain surgery and my idiot brother and sister who are unvaccinated visiting her in the hospital and removing their masks in the room. It’s just unbelievable how people don’t see it’s not about you and what you believe but how your actions affect others. The war on science is very real. I got vaccinated for the sake of others and to try and put this thing behind us. Period.
Old 4 August 2021, 10:02 AM   #80
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Agree with this 1000%. I’m pretty reckless myself. I’m here in N Ga right now with my mom who just had brain surgery and my idiot brother and sister who are unvaccinated visiting her in the hospital and removing their masks in the room. It’s just unbelievable how people don’t see it’s not about you and what you believe but how your actions affect others. The war on science is very real. I got vaccinated for the sake of others and to try and put this thing behind us. Period.
Prayers go out to your mom. I hope she recovers fully from her surgery.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 4 August 2021, 10:03 AM   #81
Atone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Same Dave.

Quote:
Prayers go out to your mom. I hope she recovers fully from her surgery.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Ty very much Brian
Old 4 August 2021, 10:12 AM   #82
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Hoping all goes well for your Mom, the very best of wishes for her.

DAVE

Old 4 August 2021, 11:29 AM   #83
jssans
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41
50% of my fellow workers are unvaccinated. Last week 100% of them got infected with COVID-19. It took one day to spread through our workplace. This delta variant is no joke. So far only 3 vaccinated have tested positive.
The government should have waited to give out the second PPP money. This has effected our workforce more negatively then 2020 ever did.
Old 4 August 2021, 11:48 AM   #84
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Snake Plissken has an idea

escape_from_new_york.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 4 August 2021, 12:08 PM   #85
Sthe
Banned

It can be very scary how most people can be very inconsiderate. We all need to do better.
Old 4 August 2021, 03:50 PM   #86
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
My best wishes for your mom's swift recovery.

The main reason we're still into this pandemic is that people fail to realize how their actions or omissions affect others.
It takes a lot of education, character and discipline to be able to function within a free society without being a liability. These qualities are not as highly regarded, to say the least. Social media trash have gained more resonance within society.
Old 4 August 2021, 11:06 PM   #87
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

So, pleased to report overall improvement today with sense of smell slowly normalizing over longer periods and longer fatigue-free intervals.
There's an odd sensation similar to a dull toothache on both sides of the upper jaw which I haven't heard of as a sumptom. And besides, all my upper molars are rooted (that's another story) and wisdom teeth extracted so I can't really have a toothache there.
Old 4 August 2021, 11:14 PM   #88
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Exactly.^^^

Do it for someone else.
Not sure I understand this comment? How is getting vaccinated doing it for someone else?

The vaccine protects the person who is vaccinated. You can still catch COVID and still transmit it after being vaccinated.

Note I'm not anti-vaccine. I and my whole family were vaccinated the first chance we got. Just seems to me people not vaccinated are really only risking themselves unless I misunderstand?
Old 4 August 2021, 11:19 PM   #89
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
So, pleased to report overall improvement today with sense of smell slowly normalizing over longer periods and longer fatigue-free intervals.
There's an odd sensation similar to a dull toothache on both sides of the upper jaw which I haven't heard of as a sumptom. And besides, all my upper molars are rooted (that's another story) and wisdom teeth extracted so I can't really have a toothache there.

Is the “odd sensation” close to your ears? When I had Covid the muscles in front of my ears hurt, I presume from coughing so much.

Also, losing taste and smell was my last symptom before other symptoms started tapering off. So hopefully the same for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 August 2021, 11:22 PM   #90
stephentross

Watch: Sea Dweller 116600
It is kind of like 2FA. If we all enable 2FA, We are all more secure. We should start a 2FA campaign.
Closed Thread