The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 August 2021, 11:57 AM   #1
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Acupuncture

I am curious, how many TRFers are patients of Acupuncture. I first tried it almost 20 years ago and was astounded. I had a chronic cough for something like three months. Every antibiotic in the world did nothing. I went to an Acupuncturist and after about three treatments the cough was gone. Was it coincidence? Did I just happen to fight off the virus or bacteria at the same time? Who knows, but I actually found the experience to be relaxing and beneficial. I have used it off and on since then.

I am currently battling a medical issue, will have to have surgery next week, and I have been taking Acupuncturist for the last couple weeks. I am not of the belief that this will cure me and the surgery be unnecessary, but I have felt some relief. I was wondering how many other TRFers use the practice and what they think of it.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 12:04 PM   #2
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
Acupuncture is very effective in balancing circulation and energy. It is a wholistic approach means you have to have lifestyle change and proper rest and no stress. It can cure everything.

But should be early stage. If diesease worse must be coupled with western medicine.

It has cured me from diabetes to the cold to everything in between

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 12:05 PM   #3
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
At Stanford we used acupuncture in the chronic pain clinic as part of a comprehensive pain management program with PT, psychology, meds, nutrition, pain physician, etc. Some patients believed that it helped a great deal and looked forward to the treatments. If you think it’s helping you and your problems, that’s great! Problems appear not when integrating other modalities with western medicine, but when you abandon western medicine for “non standard” treatment plans for serious illness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 12:06 PM   #4
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I've been a few times, maybe 7-10 times. Mostly for wonky knees from playing hockey.

I think acupuncture is another tool for some things. I don't really think it made all that much difference in my knee pain though.

But like massage I think it can be beneficial. We have complex nerve and blood flow systems and there's lots we don't really understand, and our medical systems don't integrate for health but instead are really just there for trauma and dealing with symptoms instead of causes.

So acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, Pilates/Yoga etc are all things that have a place in overall health, in my opinion.
Old 3 August 2021, 12:10 PM   #5
ltmgeller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I've found that it has helped me in the past.
Old 3 August 2021, 01:01 PM   #6
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
So getting your blood pressure taken at the Dr's office stresses you out but going to the place where you're stuck with needles, you find 'relaxing'.

You're a beautiful mystery my friend.
Old 3 August 2021, 01:01 PM   #7
AzHadEnuf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263,DJ,SUB,BB,THR
👍
Old 3 August 2021, 01:27 PM   #8
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
So getting your blood pressure taken at the Dr's office stresses you out but going to the place where you're stuck with needles, you find 'relaxing'.

You're a beautiful mystery my friend.
I wish I could argue
Old 3 August 2021, 03:55 PM   #9
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
I've done it and I HATE needles but it did seem to help... I've been thinking about doing it again for my shoulder and back.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 03:57 PM   #10
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I am curious, how many TRFers are patients of Acupuncture. I first tried it almost 20 years ago and was astounded. I had a chronic cough for something like three months. Every antibiotic in the world did nothing. I went to an Acupuncturist and after about three treatments the cough was gone. Was it coincidence? Did I just happen to fight off the virus or bacteria at the same time? Who knows, but I actually found the experience to be relaxing and beneficial. I have used it off and on since then.

I am currently battling a medical issue, will have to have surgery next week, and I have been taking Acupuncturist for the last couple weeks. I am not of the belief that this will cure me and the surgery be unnecessary, but I have felt some relief. I was wondering how many other TRFers use the practice and what they think of it.
Please Do NOT take Anna to get Accupuncture!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 04:35 PM   #11
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
I’ve wondered how far they insert the needles with acupuncture. Assuming that the answer is different depths depending on the area of your body, but in general are they buried deeply or just surface level?
BLACKHORSE 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 07:02 PM   #12
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHORSE 6 View Post
I’ve wondered how far they insert the needles with acupuncture. Assuming that the answer is different depths depending on the area of your body, but in general are they buried deeply or just surface level?
depends on how much they want to stimulate or treat the nerve. you dont want it deeper than you have to.

you have to get the best/skilled doctor. incompetent ones can just waste your money, time and cost you some nerve damage.

it's a long term treatment
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 07:44 PM   #13
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

How does it work?
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 08:01 PM   #14
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I had it years and years ago to stop smoking, I was (at the time) on a good 40 a day, I had acupuncture and immediately stopped for the next 5 years, after that length of time I put it down to me, rather than the procedure that I started again.

I did try it again to stop, but it didn't work the second time, I tried hypnotherapy and that worked but I started again after I got cancer. I then tried something different and have not smoked for 15 years.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 08:43 PM   #15
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Tried it for my ailing feet but had no affects on me. Glad it works for some
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 01:49 AM   #16
swils8610

I’ve never had acupuncture but I would absolutely try it if I had an issue that it may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 02:32 AM   #17
FTX I
"TRF" Member

It didn't work for me and it was a waste of time. I have a problem/pain on my right rhomboid muscle due to decades playing tennis and I tried acupuncture but working out is the only thing that helps.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 02:41 AM   #18
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I just think about getting stuck with multiple needles and the pain goes away. So, I guess it works for me.
Old 4 August 2021, 02:59 AM   #19
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
I tried it many years ago and unfortunately I didn't notice any relief from it; I wish I had the results many on here did.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 12:29 PM   #20
rowdy3
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
I did it for anxiety and it helped me tremendously. I also did it for my upper back after injuring it at the gym and it did nothing.
rowdy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 12:32 PM   #21
danbl68

I’m a PCP and refer my patients for it when I can. A lot of my patients have had good results from it. I suggest you try it when there is chronic illness and it is offered by your doctor; you may be surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danbl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2021, 12:39 AM   #22
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
I’ve had dry needling (acupuncture on steroids) done for the past 10yrs or so. Love it

Sent using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2021, 12:48 AM   #23
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

I've lost my sense of smell a few years ago. Would acupuncture cure this? I've been suggested to try it.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2021, 01:29 AM   #24
JakeK
"TRF" Member

Watch: VCO
I am an advocate for it.

I used acupuncture for chronic migraines. It helped while i was receiving treatment 2x per week, but when i stopped due to cost, my migraines returned with their pre-treatment frequency and intensity.

I also think reiki can be quite beneficial too.
JakeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2021, 02:15 AM   #25
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Please Do NOT take Anna to get Accupuncture!
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2021, 02:27 AM   #26
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Hope your surgery goes well Paul. I haven't tried, but have heard a number of friends and family mentioned it helped them greatly. They were largely focused on pain and allergies I believe, but just going off of memory
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2021, 03:49 AM   #27
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
I've lost my sense of smell a few years ago. Would acupuncture cure this? I've been suggested to try it.

I would recommend trying it, definitely worth the cost of three or four sessions.

Many of you have asked (I sincerely appreciate the messages) here is my story.

I have had chronic prostate infections for the last 30 years; it REALLY sucks. I will gladly to go in to details if anyone is interested but trust me.. it sucks. The standard bacteria tests all came back negative, the docs told me it was all due to “stress.” I am thinking, the reason I have STRESS is because of my prostate infections! FINALLY, this year, a new urologist did a special test using DNA (or something or whatever). Again, FINALLY, it showed TWO different kinds of bacteria infecting my prostate, one was Staph (gasp!) the other was… something I can’t pronounce or spell. I felt vindicated after 30 years of telling them I had issues. I am on a couple antibiotics, one targeted to each of the bacteria strains. Next week I will have a minor surgery, they will use a lazer to burn away scar tissue (caused by the chronic infections) to help things… well, flow easier, which should also help removing bacteria. It is pretty routine, I am having it at an outpatient surgery center and will be in and out in about half a day. Everyone says it’s not big deal but anytime you have a lazer close to ESSENTIAL parts of a mans body… You understand. After that, they are also recommending a Uro-lift or similar procedure to help with BPH, we will make that decision later. Back to acupuncture, I have been taking it a couple times a week for about the last three weeks, AND I AM FEELING BETTER, no problems in the bathroom either (trust me, it is a SCARY feeling when you walk to the toilet and can’t pee!). Now, some will say it is the antibiotics finally kicking in, which I can not argue, but I honestly believe the acupuncture is helping. Maybe it’s psychological (?), to which I say: FINE. If me just believing it is helping is making me feel better then who cares what the actual reason is.

So, I highly recommend trying it, the pins are not painful, I actually find the experience relaxing. If you have chronic issues or other problems, try out a couple sessions and best of luck
Old 5 August 2021, 04:22 AM   #28
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

My thinking is, if they're sliding the needles under your fingernails that perhaps you should check their employment history.

Other than that I've found that the needles are basically painless which brings to mind the terms used by people who are acupuncturists and nurses giving needles.

We all know that when someone sticks a needle in you that its called a prick.

But due to certain sensibilities they all have to use the term "stick". As in " you may feel a little stick" instead of a little prick. Which I guess is a good thing.

Which with my warped sense of humor I always laugh at.
Old 5 August 2021, 07:19 AM   #29
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
My thinking is, if they're sliding the needles under your fingernails that perhaps you should check their employment history.

Other than that I've found that the needles are basically painless which brings to mind the terms used by people who are acupuncturists and nurses giving needles.

We all know that when someone sticks a needle in you that its called a prick.

But due to certain sensibilities they all have to use the term "stick". As in " you may feel a little stick" instead of a little prick. Which I guess is a good thing.

Which with my warped sense of humor I always laugh at.
Must you always go on about how much you enjoy your little prick.
Old 5 August 2021, 07:40 AM   #30
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
Must you always go on about how much you enjoy your little prick.
Pfffft…. Paul, you officially owe me a Starbucks…. I spit my drink out all over the table.

A grande Chai Late, with skim milk and sugar free vanilla… Oh, and light ice and one extra shot of chai please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A6863A02-0042-4904-8BCE-6D45308B1676.jpeg (109.4 KB, 26 views)