The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old Today, 07:27 AM   #1
macluven
"TRF" Member

Thoughts on Norqain Watches

I have a friend that was gifted a Norqain Independence Skeleton watch a while back. I've been intrigued by it and have always loved skeletonized watches (ie. Cartier Santos, VC Overseas, AP, etc).

I was wanting to know if anyone has heard of the Norqain brand and what your thoughts are on their quality and brand history.

https://norqain.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Norqain.jpg (40.9 KB, 93 views)
Philippians 4:11–13
macluven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #2
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Just my two cents: Boring brand with an undeserved hype (especially amongst young people in Switzerland) due to a few Swiss NHL players involved. No heritage and quite ambitious pricing for a brand that came out of nowhere. Somehow Breitling-family (Schneider) related though.
PT_91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:37 AM   #3
macluven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_91 View Post
Just my two cents: Boring brand with an undeserved hype (especially amongst young people in Switzerland) due to a few Swiss NHL players involved. No heritage and quite ambitious pricing for a brand that came out of nowhere. Somehow Breitling-family (Schneider) related though.
Thanks for the honest review! That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old Today, 09:39 AM   #4
WatchTimes
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
No Heritage, they have only been around 6 years.
Somehow JC Biver is on the board, then there's a Swiss hockey player and some guy whose family owned Breitling.
If you like it I guess its not that overpriced (4500 for a skeleton is not bad) but I hope you really love it as I do not think it will have a good resale value or be a quick sell when you get tired of it.
Not something Id buy but Im kinda a snob and I know it.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:54 AM   #5
kunlun
"TRF" Member

I would say these are overly harsh takes. The watches seem well made with an excellent movement from Tudor's movement manufacture.

Yes, the company is new and most watches from all brands have poor resale. However, watch people are terrible, terrible, terrible at assigning value to their watches, bizarrely over valuing hype and name. The pricing at msrp is about where it should be, given the market as we have it. Of course, the market as we have it is its own topic...

That's my counterpoint, just an opinion.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:04 AM   #6
sherrill
"TRF" Member

The other thing about Norqain is, only 4 of their lineup models have the Tudor movement. The rest of their watches are Sellita movements.
sherrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:06 AM   #7
macluven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlun View Post
I would say these are overly harsh takes. The watches seem well made with an excellent movement from Tudor's movement manufacture.

Yes, the company is new and most watches from all brands have poor resale. However, watch people are terrible, terrible, terrible at assigning value to their watches, bizarrely over valuing hype and name. The pricing at msrp is about where it should be, given the market as we have it. Of course, the market as we have it is its own topic...

That's my counterpoint, just an opinion.
I think you have a very valid point there. "One man's trash, is another man's treasure."

Who knows, since it does have a Tudor movement, it could end up rivaling Tudor, Tag, Longines, Rado 10, 15, 20yrs from now.
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #8
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrill View Post
The other thing about Norqain is, only 4 of their lineup models have the Tudor movement. The rest of their watches are Sellita movements.
Good point, the tudor movement models are the ones I'd look at.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote