The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 May 2019, 02:56 AM   #31
Undefeatable
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolex View Post
Probably a dumb question, but why do some straps have the Rolex clasp and others have a normal watch band mechanism?
There are 2 options for the them. You can either choose the standard buckle/tang or you can choose the straps that utilize the Rolex clasp.

For what its worth, I owned the Everest and if I had to do it again, I would probably try the Rubber B. The quality of the Everest was really good, but I didn't like the look or shape, it was too round for my taste against the blocky Rolex case shape. The Rubber B, to me, looks like it fits the Rolex case shape better, especially the newer larger supercase.
Undefeatable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:37 AM   #32
Coolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeatable View Post
There are 2 options for the them. You can either choose the standard buckle/tang or you can choose the straps that utilize the Rolex clasp.

For what its worth, I owned the Everest and if I had to do it again, I would probably try the Rubber B. The quality of the Everest was really good, but I didn't like the look or shape, it was too round for my taste against the blocky Rolex case shape. The Rubber B, to me, looks like it fits the Rolex case shape better, especially the newer larger supercase.
So do you have to provide the clasp? I see some people using a brushed clasp on models that only come with PCLs..
Coolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:50 AM   #33
Flyoverguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolex View Post
So do you have to provide the clasp? I see some people using a brushed clasp on models that only come with PCLs..
Yes. You can get tang buckle or a strap which uses the Rolex glidelock or similar clasp. The sd4k glidelock strap is absolutely terrific and easy to install.
Flyoverguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 12:27 PM   #34
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Does Rolex sell the glidelock clasp separately?
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 01:31 PM   #35
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Hi, I am thinking of getting a Rubber B classic series for my Oyster Perp 39mm. I am comparing it with the Everest Bands, and what confuses me a bit is that the Rubber B does not need to be sized, whereas the Everest band does.

I can't get my head around how this is possible?

I prefer the Rubber B design, but I would feel safer getting a sized band unless I figure out how it doesn't need to be in the Rubber B's case.
teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 01:51 PM   #36
Watchguymb
"TRF" Member

I have a Yachtmaster rhodium dial. Thinking of putting a black rubberb on it. Anyone seen this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watchguymb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 02:04 PM   #37
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
Hi, I am thinking of getting a Rubber B classic series for my Oyster Perp 39mm. I am comparing it with the Everest Bands, and what confuses me a bit is that the Rubber B does not need to be sized, whereas the Everest band does.

I can't get my head around how this is possible?

I prefer the Rubber B design, but I would feel safer getting a sized band unless I figure out how it doesn't need to be in the Rubber B's case.
You can email either/both companies to ask. They respond to emails fairly quickly.
Old 4 June 2019, 02:26 PM   #38
Watchguymb
"TRF" Member

I’m thinking on putting a rubberb or Everest on my Yachtmaster rhodium dial. Anyone ever seen this combo?

Watchguymb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 02:46 PM   #39
Geelerald
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II Polar
Love mine on Explorer 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E21DDDA9-F0E5-4F85-8555-0BEBC1374D93.jpeg (119.4 KB, 1623 views)
Geelerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 03:58 PM   #40
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Bought one for my 116600. Loved it for two weeks. Reverted to the bracelet and have never gone back.

Bottom line is that on the modern references the bracelet is such good quality that I can’t bring myself to replace it with a cheap rubber strap.

A friend of mine tried his 116500 on a Rubber-B because he liked the look of my 116519 on Oysterflex, but it didn’t achieve the same look or feel, so he reverted back to bracelet pretty quickly.

So, nice for a bit of ‘strange’ perhaps, but not a keeper in my eyes.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 11:09 PM   #41
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

For what it's worth you can be confident that Rubber b is not a "cheap rubber" strap. I have several and they are as high quality as you can get. Looking at their site they seem to be making OEM straps for Roger Dubuis, Watches that go over 100k in some models. I have their Patek strap and have been nothing but satisfied with their quality. I think you are also looking at it wrongfully as the Rolex bracelet has no replacement and it is always the best. Those rubber b are just high end alternatives to have fun with the watches. In my case I couldn't stand the leather on the 5980 and the explorer ii is just something to play with. I have a Daytona that did the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
Bought one for my 116600. Loved it for two weeks. Reverted to the bracelet and have never gone back.

Bottom line is that on the modern references the bracelet is such good quality that I can’t bring myself to replace it with a cheap rubber strap.

A friend of mine tried his 116500 on a Rubber-B because he liked the look of my 116519 on Oysterflex, but it didn’t achieve the same look or feel, so he reverted back to bracelet pretty quickly.

So, nice for a bit of ‘strange’ perhaps, but not a keeper in my eyes.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg my5980d.JPG (174.1 KB, 1583 views)
File Type: jpg my5980.JPG (186.6 KB, 1577 views)
File Type: jpg exII.jpg (134.2 KB, 1574 views)
joerivers1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 11:16 PM   #42
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/TBB
That's true they're making OEM Roger Dubuis bands. Those watches are crazy! like I posted on another thread, if it's good enough for a 60,000 watch it's definitely good enough for a 10-12,000 one

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerivers1961 View Post
For what it's worth you can be confident that Rubber b is not a "cheap rubber" strap. I have several and they are as high quality as you can get. Looking at their site they seem to be making OEM straps for Roger Dubuis, Watches that go over 100k in some models. I have their Patek strap and have been nothing but satisfied with their quality. I think you are also looking at it wrongfully as the Rolex bracelet has no replacement and it is always the best. Those rubber b are just high end alternatives to have fun with the watches. In my case I couldn't stand the leather on the 5980 and the explorer ii is just something to play with. I have a Daytona that did the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-05-30 13.45.36 copy.jpg (137.9 KB, 1559 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-05-30 13.45.00.jpg (194.9 KB, 1557 views)
maximilianmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 11:23 PM   #43
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerivers1961 View Post

Nothing wrong with having a play and all to their own, but I personally think it looks and feels cheap if I compare it to the rubber strap on an AP Diver or the Rolex Oysterflex. But that is just my opinion and I know that Rubber B had a lot of fans on here, so I may well be in a minority of one.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 11:36 PM   #44
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

You do know that Rubber B is the same factory as AP right? My offshore is on OEM and the RO chrono is on rubber b sometimes I use the RO on rubber in the summer. The rubber is identical in all aspects.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with having a play and all to their own, but I personally think it looks and feels cheap if I compare it to the rubber strap on an AP Diver or the Rolex Oysterflex. But that is just my opinion and I know that Rubber B had a lot of fans on here, so I may well be in a minority of one.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3887.JPG (83.5 KB, 1552 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_7503.jpeg (85.5 KB, 1549 views)
alex_moreno111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 11:41 PM   #45
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/TBB
Yea man, comparing rubber b with ap is not really a comparison. Oysterflex yes. And even that came later in the game after they had already made straps for Rolex. I think 4-5 years before Oysterflex came out.

Quote:

maximilianmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 11:59 PM   #46
Weinboyz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
I can tell you I love my Rubber B. It is very good quality and very comfortable. I go back and forth between the bracelet and rubber strap. I actually went by their offices, as they are based out of Miami. They were very friendly and very helpful. I use it on my glidelock clasp. Here’s a pic of it on my 116660 DSSD.

Weinboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 12:20 AM   #47
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

Quote:

joerivers1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 01:48 PM   #48
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
I have a few.
Old 5 June 2019, 03:03 PM   #49
teck21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
You can email either/both companies to ask. They respond to emails fairly quickly.

Thanks, I might do that cos I don’t actually know my wrist size.

Btw, anyone can advise whether it’s easy to remove and put on the straps and bracelets? Even for someone with very un-dexterous fingers?

Old 10 June 2019, 06:15 AM   #50
Stebinners
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
Thanks, I might do that cos I don’t actually know my wrist size.

Btw, anyone can advise whether it’s easy to remove and put on the straps and bracelets? Even for someone with very un-dexterous fingers?

Very easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stebinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 07:16 AM   #51
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Everest on my 16570

This....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E7F7BEA0-FF3E-458B-A1D9-FFB087596E43.jpeg (109.5 KB, 1513 views)
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 07:36 AM   #52
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravetony View Post
That green line really looks good with that watch. These are mine:
For the submariner, did you get the ballistic/Kevlar band for the Daytona or the one for the YM. Do you think an end link will fit as well? Thanks.
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 07:53 AM   #53
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravetony View Post
That green line really looks good with that watch. These are mine:
The band with the red side accent. I do not think it was for the submariner. For which watch was that made for? And did the glide lock clasp fit well with it? Thanks
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 10:11 AM   #54
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy11 View Post
How so? I figured it was just personal preference given both are very high quality. I prefer the look (detail around the lug area) and the texture of the rubber b over the Everest. I feel the rubber b has a much closer look (texture and color) to the Oyster Flex which was what I was after.

I can’t comment on the customer service, never had needed.
I'm liking the all black on the SubC

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 02:04 PM   #55
AnakChan
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know why Rubber B has options for the DJII but says not suitable for the DJ41? Seems both have the same lug width of 21mm? Has anyone tried putting on a Rubber B on a DJ41?
AnakChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 02:09 PM   #56
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I tried one, had it on for a few days, looked good but, I went straight back to the bracelet. Sat collecting dust and then I gave it away. Not really my style.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 03:29 PM   #57
teck21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebinners View Post
Very easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! I might give it a go then

Old 16 June 2019, 03:33 PM   #58
Ricky Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
How easy are they to take on and off if you want to alternate with an oyster bracelet?

I'd like one for my Explorer. Also how do they do up? I kind of like seeing my crown when I look down at it.

♛GMT II Coke 16710♛ ♛DateJust 16030♛ ♛Explorer 214270 mk2♛ Submariner 116610LN♛ 126711CHNR ♛
Ricky Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 05:20 PM   #59
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebinners View Post
Anyone have one? Considering one for a GMT ceramic. Are they any good ?

I bought one two years ago for my yachtmaster and it is spectacular. Has held up really well. Heavy duty quality and any blemishes or smudges that don’t come out with hand washing (with dish soap) can be buffed out in seconds with a pencil eraser (a pro tip from rubber b).

They’re expensive but worth every penny.
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 05:22 PM   #60
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
Does anyone know why Rubber B has options for the DJII but says not suitable for the DJ41? Seems both have the same lug width of 21mm? Has anyone tried putting on a Rubber B on a DJ41?
They’re engineered and manufactured with incredible precision so I’d only buy one that they make specifically for your reference. It fits literally as well as the metal bracelet from Rolex.
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote