The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 December 2007, 01:14 PM   #91
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigsecret View Post
Hi girlz.... I just got off work!
Pff.... and now my hubby is begging me to go the the movies with him! I guess I'll give in for once....
We'll chat later! Have fun!
Enjoy and let us know what you saw!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2007, 01:16 PM   #92
Elaine

Watch: Rodium Diamond DJ
hiya Lisa ....... your kid has good taste !!!! she knows a good forum when she sees one .......ha ha

glad to know that u are sharing quality time online with your kid !!!

no kids here. swinging single !!!!!
but everyonr knows not to talk to me in the morning before i had my cuppa !!!!!!!
Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2007, 01:16 PM   #93
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
My fellow coffee hounds! Even my kids know not to ask too much of me before I've had a couple of cups. Poor things. When I was pregnant I cut way down - none at all with my first, a half a cup a day with my second, and with my third - well, I wasn't quite as careful, but didn't overdo too much!

Does anyone here have kids? I know Carolina does... in fact, my 7 year old is right here and she wants to pick a smilie for this message. Here goes:
No kiddies for me yet Lisa. Babies still freak me out a bit to be honest Yours are super cute though!
Old 27 December 2007, 01:18 PM   #94
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Gosh, when was the last time I went to the movies with my husband? I think it was to see The Piano - and that was more than 10 years ago, I bet. Hard to believe!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2007, 01:19 PM   #95
Elaine

u can say the same for me ...... some of my frens has kids and i really admire them

salute to all mums !!!!
Old 27 December 2007, 01:20 PM   #96
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Yeah Elaine, MOST if not ALL of my friends have babies....guess I'm the late bloomer!
Old 27 December 2007, 01:20 PM   #97
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
No kiddies for me yet Lisa. Babies still freak me out a bit to be honest Yours are super cute though!
Babies freaked me out until I'd been married 14 years. Had my first at age 36. The last at almost 44. Am quite done now. I hope. Oh - and thank you!
Old 27 December 2007, 01:23 PM   #98
Elaine

Quote:
Gosh, when was the last time I went to the movies with my husband? I think it was to see The Piano - and that was more than 10 years ago, I bet. Hard to believe!
woah ........ get a babysitter quick and have a break with your hubby Lisa ........... u deserve a break after 3 kids
Old 27 December 2007, 01:24 PM   #99
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Babies freaked me out until I'd been married 14 years. Had my first at age 36. The last at almost 44. Am quite done now. I hope.
OK, now I feel better! I'm 30 and I feel like I need to get a move on It's the scariest thing in the world to me! All my friends have started in the last 1-2 years and are still having babies....and I'm buying Rolexes!
Old 27 December 2007, 01:25 PM   #100
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
woah ........ get a babysitter quick and have a break with your hubby Lisa ........... u deserve a break after 3 kids

Don't get me started! Way back a couple months ago I started a thread about balancing career and marriage... we never have time for each other. Married 21 years.
Old 27 December 2007, 01:29 PM   #101
Elaine

Quote:
OK, now I feel better! I'm 30 and I feel like I need to get a move on It's the scariest thing in the world to me! All my friends have started in the last 1-2 years and are still having babies....and I'm buying Rolexes!
i am 33 and still a swinging single ha ha ........ its really scary thinking that another person's life depend on me ...........
who knows, the nesting instinct may lick in soon or maybe never kick in ha ha
Old 27 December 2007, 01:30 PM   #102
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Oh, my yes. Babies were the last thing on my mind at age 30. You are smart to buy Rolexes instead!

And you know, it's not a crime not to have kids. I had planned NOT to, but husband and I agreed to leave the option open if we ever felt differently. Over the years, as we lost all of our grandparents and some other relatives and friends, we started to re-evaluate our lives and what we wanted out of it. My kid is still standing here burping into my ear so I can't concentrate well, but perhaps my gist comes across. Cycle of life and all...
Old 27 December 2007, 01:32 PM   #103
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i am 33 and still a swinging single ha ha ........ its really scary thinking that another person's life depend on me ...........
I agree! It's tough enough taking care of myself....I've never been the maternal type, while all of my friends couldn't wait to have kids. We'll see what happens. It's definitely a big decision!
Old 27 December 2007, 01:33 PM   #104
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I sometimes miss the days of no children....
Old 27 December 2007, 01:35 PM   #105
Elaine

Quote:
Don't get me started! Way back a couple months ago I started a thread about balancing career and marriage... we never have time for each other. Married 21 years.
yea, its tough...... i can understand....... its even tough for me to find time to date for the last few years as i was working 24/7 ........ its better now as i started my own practise now and i can control my own time...... maybe its time to put myself out there in the jungle ha ha
Old 27 December 2007, 01:39 PM   #106
Elaine

Quote:
Oh, my yes. Babies were the last thing on my mind at age 30. You are smart to buy Rolexes instead!

And you know, it's not a crime not to have kids. I had planned NOT to, but husband and I agreed to leave the option open if we ever felt differently. Over the years, as we lost all of our grandparents and some other relatives and friends, we started to re-evaluate our lives and what we wanted out of it. My kid is still standing here burping into my ear so I can't concentrate well, but perhaps my gist comes across. Cycle of life and all...
tats what my friends with kids tell me ..... guess it wll have to be personally experienced before we can fully appreciate the beauty of motherhood ....... but still very scary to me
Old 27 December 2007, 01:41 PM   #107
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You're right...but somehow it's still not 'PC' to say to people 'I'm not sure I want to have kids'. My husband knows I've always felt this way and he just wants me to keep an open mind. Says the same thing about 'cycle of life' and I know it makes sense. We're both really close to our parents and he often says 'Karis, wouldn't you want to have that kind of relationship with a child of your own?"....well, yeah, but nothing is guaranteed. Don't mean to get too heavy here....Anyway, he's starting his own business and currently working full-time, as am I, so we're busy enough for now.

I have an older sister who is 34 and has been married for almost 7 years. I'm pretty sure she won't have kids. She has a great life...works with her husband, travels a lot, etc...my poor parents! Ha! They totally 'get it' though and have never put pressure on us. I do think that my in-laws are 'waiting' and would think it strange if they knew I wasn't sure. They're of the 'old school'...and we don't discuss kids with them. No need to go there! LOL!
Old 27 December 2007, 02:23 PM   #108
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Karis, I have an older brother - age 46 - and a sister age 50 and neither had kids. My brother is currently divorced for the second time, but he never had the interest in having kids and neither did my sister.

I guess I am sort of a rebel, because I didn't worry too much about what others thought about my not wanting kids. Most people didn't get it, but to me, when I was younger and working and basically goofing off, I knew that if I had kids I'd have to grow up and put someone else before myself. I just wasn't ready to do that. I also felt that if I ever DID have kids, I wouldn't want to put them in daycare, so I'd have to be sure we could live on my husband's salary alone. Well, when we were in our early thirties he changed careers and started medical school - so everything in our lives was on hold while we focused on his mission. We knew that eventually I could be a stay at home mom, but not until he finished school and started his internship and residency. As it was, Phoebe was born his final year of school, but I had tons of leave and vacation time from my job and just when it ran out, his internship salary kicked in.

I know what you mean that nothing is guaranteed - I remember telling my husband, "what if we have kids and they don't like me?" At this point, they do, but none has reached adolescence yet! And as adults, there's no telling - my brother hasn't communicated with anyone in the family for four years. Deciding to have kids involves some risks, for sure. Waiting is always safe.

I'm rambling a bit... sorry!
Old 27 December 2007, 02:35 PM   #109
Elaine

both of u made very valid reasons for me to not have kids.
being in asia, the pressure to get married and have kids is so much stronger than in the states.

i am lucky as i never had any pressure from my folks at all.
but i am the exception more than the norm.

but even if i get married, i dont really think i want to have kids......
Old 27 December 2007, 04:53 PM   #110
abigsecret
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back!
Funny subject you girls are on.... I just went and see "Juno". A movie about a 16 year old getting pregnant on her first time having sex! She considered abortion, but couldn't do it, and then decided to give it up for adoption to a couple that had been trying for 5 years to have a baby.
It's a funny, realistic, touching, and enlightening movie.
Even my husband, and 13 year old brother-in-law enjoyed it!

I've been married for almost 5 years now, and we have no children yet. We're both 27, so we have time i guess, but I think we're ready now.... we'll see what happens...

Have a good night girlfriends!

Mireyna

He who knows no foreign language does not know his own.-Goethe
abigsecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2007, 01:40 AM   #111
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Lisa, I totally agree with you....I know that if I had kids I'd want to stay home for a while, and we're not ready for that now. I have some friends who are in a position to do that and some that aren't. It's really tough. And I know it's a personal decision. Just as having kids is...

I've said the same thing to my husband about whether our kids would 'like me' or have behavioral problems, etc....not that either one of us had, but you just never know! Times have changed and the world is scary! I mean, I remember when I first heard about email! And I was a senior in high school!!!!!! These days it's all about chat rooms and freaks online! Unbelievable how things have changed!

All of my friends pretty much know I'm the 'unsure' one, and we laugh about it a lot...you'd think that seeing some of my best friends have babies would make me 'yearn' more, but it hasn't changed much. I mean, I do think it must be amazing to have this little person look at me the way I do my mom (not that that's guaranteed), but it scares me to death.

Elaine, I hear ya girl. And you're still single so you aren't 'expected' now at least to go with the flow and have kids. Enjoy it! It's definitely strange when all of your married friends start their families....we're one of the last couples left...though my husband's closest friends are mostly single. Kinda freaky.
Old 28 December 2007, 01:41 AM   #112
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Gee Mireyna, now you're making me feel old! LOL!
Old 28 December 2007, 02:24 AM   #113
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hey ladies,

Just wait till you have some grand-kids of your own.

They are so much fun that, in fact, if I had known that, I would have had them first!!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2007, 02:29 AM   #114
Ashley
"TRF" Member

I'm a family photographer, so being around terrible kids all day is the best birth control method I could ever think of. I'm thinking I want kids around 30, definitely no later than 35 since Downs Syndrome and a load of other things happen much for frequently in the kids. But 30 is still 12 years away, I'll probably change my mind by then!!
And I know we're in a coffee shop, but I would really like a diet cherry Pepsi :)
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2007, 02:55 AM   #115
abigsecret
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Hey ladies,

Just wait till you have some grand-kids of your own.

They are so much fun that, in fact, if I had known that, I would have had them first!!!

He who knows no foreign language does not know his own.-Goethe
abigsecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2007, 02:59 AM   #116
Elaine

hi all
Old 28 December 2007, 03:00 AM   #117
Elaine

woah you are just 18 Ashley ?????

jezzz ... now i feel old !!!!!

and PS

ours is a coffeeshop with super powers ... it comes with all imaginable drinks ... so your diet pepsi is definitly on the menu !!!!
Old 28 December 2007, 03:01 AM   #118
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
hi all
Hi Elaine,

Friday morning here 6 am and I'm having a cuppa "chai"!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 28 December 2007, 03:06 AM   #119
Elaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Hi Elaine,

Friday morning here 6 am and I'm having a cuppa "chai"!!
morning JJ

me just checking in before turning in to bed :)
Old 28 December 2007, 03:07 AM   #120
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
morning JJ

me just checking in before turning in to bed :)
You sleepy, me wakey!!