The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 May 2019, 12:58 PM   #1
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...Your Thoughts
My Crazy Luxury Car Journey Past Couple Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Ok Bryant......new avatar with new toys. We need a thread on your car journey as of late. Many here are car fanatics. I for one!
Nicolas asked if I would do a thread on my car Journey as of late.
Here is a brief introduction with more to follow if there is interest

As with Watches I like to have a variety of cars to play with.
I don't have a crazy garage as some do, but within my means,
I like to get the best.

My Magic number seems to be 3 to balance luxurious variety with cost and upkeep time.

Note: Before 2017, it was almost always a BMW X5/X6 or X5M and a 911 Carrera/Carrera S/GTS.
Before Porches it was 3 BMW Z4/ X5 combos.

In Total I have had 25 cars in 12 years
(13 BMW/8 Porsche/2 Rolls Royce/1 Aston/1 Bentley)
Before that it was a Honda Civic (2007).
My success has been the past 12 years.
Before that I taught Math and Physics at the college level, which trust me when I say a NEW honda was good.

Learning how to market online in my spare time, I started to crack
the code for selling online, learning directly from massively successful internet marketers.
I quite teaching in Michigan in 2007 and moved to Florida and have worked from home ever since.

Ok back to cars... Let me focus on the past couple years since that has been
the most fun... I am just going to show the journey briefly and comment more if there is interest.

In two years I have gone from:

2017 - Rolls Royce Wraith/991.2 Turbo S
2019-05-25_22-20-35.png

To
2018 Rolls Royce Dawn/991.1 GT3/BMW M5
2019-05-25_22-21-07.png

To CURRENT
2019 - Bentley Bentagy/991.2 GT3/Aston Martin Vantage
2019-05-25_22-22-08.png

So far I like my Current lineup is my favorite.
Only thing I might change is getting a convertible (as I usually have one), though Bentley Sunroof opens things up nicely.

Bentagya more practical (and faster and better driving performance-wise than Rolls).
Though I do miss that Starlight headliner

991.2 GT3 is kinda close to 991.1 BUT it is smoother, faster, updated tech and I got it BRAND NEW...
Much to say on the differences, but I like the GT3 better than Turbo S.
Nothing Beats the pure naturally aspirated linear acceleration. And 9000 RPMs is pure exhilaration
I just love to hear that engine fire on high RPMS.

M5 I let go of, not because of performance which it had in spades (2.9 / 0-60), but I like the thrill and handling of smaller sports cars .
Almost got an M2 Competition. For those on a budget it is a lot of fun.
But personally, I like something a little more as of late which is why I ended in the Aston (which had or possibly still has GREAT leasing options)!

I would love to hear other car journeys as well here on TRF!

P.S. Funny how my cars got crazier in a good way, my watch collection shrunk and dwindled...
But after a nearly 1-1/2 year hiatus (with only getting a SS Dayton C and SS Pepsi), I am feeling the watch urge
again.
brmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 01:21 PM   #2
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Great story and love the Dawn, my wife won't let me get a roller.

Started out with a basic American AMC, then whet ricer with a Honda del Sol VTEC, then Ferrari 308 I tracked a lot, Formula 2000 car I earned SCCA Drivers Champ, Ford F250 Super Duty, a couple Bentley's are thrown in between all that, and now a BMW 435i M-spec. The 435 M-spec has 704 suspension, M brakes standard... plus Dinan Stage 4 so bigger intercooler, bigger turbo, etc and Fabspeed catted downpipe, DV+, etc.

AMC was a POS, Honda was a lightweight fun car, 308 was waaay underpowered even after mods and getting her down to 2700 lbs wet with driver. F2000 car was 1190 lbs wet with driver at end of race. Once you go Formula car with full aero, tintops seem slow and lethargic and have too high CG. F250 was a truly epic working our acreage vehicle and pulled the 24 ft v-nose aluminium enclosed car trailer. Lived to hate to love to hate the Bentleys. Too many engineering defects on those 2006 / 2007 models, and factory refuses to recall / make right. BMW is a hoot to drive, tried the M3 and M4 too, but the steering feel was for shite, plus the Dinan 435i is faster, feels smoother, and is a great cruise car with some fun imho.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 01:31 PM   #3
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
nice collection! Some real beautiful vehicles!
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 03:06 PM   #4
timepieceluvr
"TRF" Member

Great journey and beautiful rides

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
timepieceluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 03:17 PM   #5
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Congratulations on the success!
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 03:38 PM   #6
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
My Crazy Luxury Car Journey Past Couple Years

It's all about the Journey. Looks like a fun one the past few years! Enjoy and Keep On Keeping On!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 04:07 PM   #7
colpol
"TRF" Member

Not a big car guy but appreciate the passion & journey. Looking forward to next update
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 04:16 PM   #8
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Great motors ! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the success story too :)

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 06:24 PM   #9
timedate
-

great story, how would i go about quitting what i do and cracking the code for marketing and selling online?
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 08:30 PM   #10
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Great stuff Bryant! Very intesting with your passion of British motor cars. I remember when you bought your first Wraith. I didn't realize you had the GT3 as well. Those are fabulous cars and nothing, I mean nothing sounds like a NA motor. The V8 vantage also has an incredible exhaust note. I was at the track a couple of days ago and one of our members came up with his 2018. Sounds awesome. Love the big muscle car V8. Thanks for sharing!
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 09:23 PM   #11
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Love this thread. Great story.

Thanks for sharing!!

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 09:27 PM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Amazing cars Bryant, really outstanding
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 09:30 PM   #13
timedate
-

Quote:
Great stuff Bryant! Very intesting with your passion of British motor cars. I remember when you bought your first Wraith. I didn't realize you had the GT3 as well. Those are fabulous cars and nothing, I mean nothing sounds like a NA motor. The V8 vantage also has an incredible exhaust note. I was at the track a couple of days ago and one of our members came up with his 2018. Sounds awesome. Love the big muscle car V8. Thanks for sharing!

i hate to say it, but there isnt really a british marque anymore, rolls royce is bmw as is mini,

Britain builds a lot of cars for foreign companies, the mini factory is just up the road from where i live

lotus is still british, but uses toyota engines
Old 26 May 2019, 09:59 PM   #14
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Great thread, great cars and thanks for sharing :-)
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 10:40 PM   #15
nick c
Banned

Well done, great Journey and beautiful cars, and yes Rolls Royce is Bmw, and Bentley is Vw.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 03:01 AM   #16
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey Nicolas, the Wraith was fun and actually liked it a bit better than the dawn.
I almost got another one as there were insane incentives, but went the route you see now.
The GT3 and Vantage are very different, both in Good ways.
It is so nice to have the variety. I have to say I slightly want to drive the GT3 more, but I like them both and the lease deals on the Aston were incredible.
Plus along with variety it helps to split miles as I drive around A LOT!

In the Aston, you have the finest leathers and finally updated Merc technology and one of the finest AMG engines.
So technology is good and performance and handling is great.
The Aston literally feels like it is wound up on a big spring and just wants to shoot forward...lol...
That AMG V8 is really nice. 0-60 in about 3.3/3.4. Not the fastest but certainly fast, and I don't lose many races around town.
(I should add that the top of the line K-40 radar detector has saved my arse many times. I feel like I am drivng naked w/o it.)

And the stock exhaust sound is the best I have had on any "stock" car I have owned, including the GT3.
I almost always drive it in track mode to really hear the engine, and get that nice downshifting "popping" exhaust note. Really turns heads ...
And I even drive in Track mode in city just to hear the sound.

The GT3 hardly needs me to give it any praise and I love the variety of raw NA power along with a fine British James Bond escape vehicle.
Old 27 May 2019, 03:08 AM   #17
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

And Thanks everyone else for your comments, it is fun to reflect and share.
Lots of great memories in all those cars.
Old 27 May 2019, 03:11 AM   #18
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Wow.

Nice.

As someone who owns a Jeep and a Lincoln MKX (wifes) and never ridden in any true serious high end luxury car can you explain to the great unwashed what it's like to drive one of these beauties.

I realize it's like a virgin asking what sex is like, but what is the feel and the emotion when touring around in one of these cars.

Thanks.
Blansky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 06:23 AM   #19
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

My top 4 cars revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Wow.

Nice.

As someone who owns a Jeep and a Lincoln MKX (wifes) and never ridden in any true serious high end luxury car can you explain to the great unwashed what it's like to drive one of these beauties.

I realize it's like a virgin asking what sex is like, but what is the feel and the emotion when touring around in one of these cars.

Thanks.
MY TOP FOUR CARS REVEALED

Hey, I actually owned nothing better then new Toyotas and Hondas up until 2007. My first luxury car was a BMW Z4.

I think the initial $30K + upgrade was wonderful.
Now that car would be lower on my list (even the New Z4s), but it was a such perfection for me at the time to have a convertible BMW living on Siesta Key Beach (literally across the street from the beach).
I am a believer in the law of attraction and when you "feel" and "think" rich you attract more abundance.
So you can start slow as your budget allows, as Luxury gets to be a relative term based on your experiences of the cars you have had.
For me the Z4 in 2007 was Luxury even though now I would not consider it.
I remember get a Z4 M, and thought I had it made...LOL...

The NEXT big shift for me was a 2011 Porsche 997.2 BLACK Edition.
This is a car I REGRET letting go of after only a year.
Though not comparable to some of the cars I have now, I daresay THAT car was the one I loved the most.
Again it is all relative.

And that car was literally $100K sticker compared to $400K for Rolls Dawn.

So it is not necessarily the price tag that leads to satisfaction, it is the pure emotional appeal.
Which is why you have to research all car brands you like and do a lot of test drives.

Going from BMW Z4 to Porsche 911 was a quantum leap at the time in pure enjoyment similar to going from a Honda to the Z4.

In fact I wrote a WHOLE BOOK, called the The Little Black Book of Abundance inspired by the 911 Black Edition car.

No other car has inspired me like that one did. When I got into a 991.1
911 Carerra S, I had buyers remorse. It did not do it for me as much EVEN THOUGH it drove faster and smoother. (2nd Gen PDK definitely better).
Something about that Limited Edition Look and Feel and Uniqueness making it stand out from most 911's at the time.

Rolls Royce Wraith was the NEXT big jump (My Biggest Leap) and with $85,000 in incentives, the monthly payments were LESS than my 911 Turbo S!

Interestingly, like the 991.1 911, the Rolls Dawn was not the same experience, maybe its because of the "Second Experience" syndrome, where it is kinda a been there done that feel. Plus I like the Starlight Headliner... That just seals the deal.

Now. going from 991.1 GT3 to 991.2 GT3 I definitely LIKED that transition better and no regrets... In fact got a good price on one Brand New.
New Car Smell vs Used 991.1, Smoother transmission especially in low gears.

Like the Rolex GMT, Daytona and Sub, I would say the GT3 is a car I always want to have.
I am on the list to receive a 992 GT3 (guaranteed 1st or 2nd at my dealer).

Ok, After Careful Reflection
Here it is my FAVORITE FOUR Cars
NOTE: This is not my 4 TOP All Time Cars, It is A Relative View of the Cars I LOVED the Most
Based on How they Made Me FEEL at the time.

1) 2007 BMW Z4 Covertible (Red)
Why: First Luxury Car, Traded a Honda CIVIC in for this.
This was the FIRST year of my REAL success making six figures for the first time,
and the Z4 was a Celebration of My Accomplish.
2007-bmw-z4-m-roadster-photo-164304-s-original.jpg

2) Black Edition 911
Why: First Porsche, Long story how I got into one so easily (I'll Share Later).
This Car literally Inspired me to Write a Book!!!

Pictured on the Right is Me Driving My Friend Alex in My Black Edition 911 back in 2011.
And I am embarassed to say, but that is a Black Hublot Big Bang on My Wrist (I did not REALLY learn about watches until TRF).
2019-05-26_15-18-19.png 269996_10150233746469771_4690_n.jpg

3) Rolls Royce Wraith (Salamanca Blue)
Why: It was my First Rolls - 'Nuf Said LOL
Also I just LOVED the Starlight Headliner (and so did the ladies),
Lambs Wool Floor Mats Really made it feel like home.
In Fact with, w/ Hurricane Irma, it WAS my home for a day!!
2019-05-26_16-03-46.jpg

4) 991.2 GT3 (Red)
WHY: When I first test drove a GT3, it was literally the most fun I ever had driving a car.
And I had a 911 Turbo S. It is that Raw Linear Acceleration, the Outrageous Wing and 9000 RPMS
making it my Favorite Porsche (RS only exception).
2019-05-26_16-06-40.jpg

HONORABLE MENTION - GENERATION 1 - BMW X5M (Also got 2nd Gen but seats terribly uncomfortable).
LOVE BUT TOO EARLY TO TELL - BENTLEY BENTAGYA (2 weeks old)

MY CAR LESSONS TO PASS ON:
1) Realize, Like Watches, You Will Rarely Make Money, and usually lose a LOT if you flip often and don't hold onto them.
If you can hold a car for 3 years, there are some GREAT LEASE INCENTIVES..
ESPECIALLY END OF YEAR!! Problem is I can't hold a car for more than year.
2) Definitely spend a LOT of time researching, test driving to find YOUR CAR.
TWO biggest car mistakes I made was trading Black Edition 911 and Trading Blue Wraith for Dawn.
Keeping these two for a longer period would have LITERALLY saved me over $100K!!
When a car sings to you, REALLY THING TWICE about trading it for the hyped up latest and Greatest. You WILL REGRET IT - I PROMISE!!
3) Call Around Dealerships and Get Multiple Quotes in Writing.
This seems obvious, but if you just go to one dealership, you have no idea if you are getting a good deal or not, and USUALLY it HELPS to close a deal by saying if you can beat this offer, I'll do it.
Have the attitude of its ok either way, DO NOT appear attached to the car.
Old 27 May 2019, 06:41 AM   #20
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for that.

That was great.

"I am a believer in the law of attraction and when you "feel" and "think" rich you attract more abundance".

There is something fascinating and true in your belief that concentrated energy in a certain area can lead to the planets aligning.
Blansky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 07:09 AM   #21
timedate
-

like the book, 'think and grow rich'
Old 27 May 2019, 12:46 PM   #22
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedate View Post
like the book, 'think and grow rich'
Yes, kinda in spirit, but that is tough to try to compare my book to an all time great.
It was a very creative writing time for me, and the book was very inspired by one of my mentors Joe Vitale (Mr Fire) after one of his live seminars (who appeared in "The Secret" and has written close to 40 books now).
The Black Edition 911 happened so effortlessly, I saw a black 911 at the mall and decided there I wanted one.
I went to the dealership and they pulled ahead my Z4 last 7 months.
Then they got me into the Black Edition 911 the same day and I drove home in it that night
AND they let me keep the Z4 for the remaining 7 months (which I let a girlfriend of mine borrow it).
It all flowed so effortlessly that I had the idea of combining physics principles with success.
The physics of flowing or fluid dynamics (giving and receiving).
The physics of magnetic attraction and alignment of magnetic domains (like getting clarity and aliging yourself to goal).
The physics of white holes and black holes, and how that related to abundance and laws of attraction, etc etc.
Old 27 May 2019, 12:52 PM   #23
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Thanks for that.

That was great.

"I am a believer in the law of attraction and when you "feel" and "think" rich you attract more abundance".

There is something fascinating and true in your belief that concentrated energy in a certain area can lead to the planets aligning.
YES - one of my success mentors Brian Tracy, said that what you think about most of the time, you will manifest in your life most of the time...
it is the basis of the classic books "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill and "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen (to name a couple).
Old 15 June 2019, 08:04 AM   #24
Mr.Rolex1
Banned

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by timedate View Post
i hate to say it, but there isnt really a british marque anymore, rolls royce is bmw as is mini,

Britain builds a lot of cars for foreign companies, the mini factory is just up the road from where i live

lotus is still british, but uses toyota engines
I'm just glad the factory workers are still the same blokes, its just an ownership change.
In fact, since the ownership change the cars have been more reliable and have started increasing the model range.

Perhaps the British could not manage it anymore...
Mr.Rolex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2019, 08:47 AM   #25
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Some serious whips you have had and have Bryant!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2019, 09:54 AM   #26
Slippy Chips
"TRF" Member

That is a sweet set up! A great all-round lineup.
I am fortunate enough to have a company car. It’s a huge benefit but part of me misses the having choice and variety of my own car.
Slippy Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2019, 01:32 PM   #27
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Thanks Ken,
and with top K40 radar detectors in Aston and GT3
....I really do WHIP AROUND...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
Some serious whips you have had and have Bryant!
Old 15 June 2019, 01:36 PM   #28
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Thank!
And you are lucky... Not many people get company cars anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Chips View Post
That is a sweet set up! A great all-round lineup.
I am fortunate enough to have a company car. It’s a huge benefit but part of me misses the having choice and variety of my own car.
Old 15 June 2019, 02:23 PM   #29
Lawman77
"TRF" Member

Cool story bro. Also used to have a Z4.
Was a fun car.
Lawman77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2019, 02:45 PM   #30
LandWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmeyers View Post
Nicolas asked if I would do a thread on my car Journey as of late.
Here is a brief introduction with more to follow if there is interest

As with Watches I like to have a variety of cars to play with.
I don't have a crazy garage as some do, but within my means,
I like to get the best.

My Magic number seems to be 3 to balance luxurious variety with cost and upkeep time.

Note: Before 2017, it was almost always a BMW X5/X6 or X5M and a 911 Carrera/Carrera S/GTS.
Before Porches it was 3 BMW Z4/ X5 combos.

In Total I have had 25 cars in 12 years
(13 BMW/8 Porsche/2 Rolls Royce/1 Aston/1 Bentley)
Before that it was a Honda Civic (2007).
My success has been the past 12 years.
Before that I taught Math and Physics at the college level, which trust me when I say a NEW honda was good.

Learning how to market online in my spare time, I started to crack
the code for selling online, learning directly from massively successful internet marketers.
I quite teaching in Michigan in 2007 and moved to Florida and have worked from home ever since.

Ok back to cars... Let me focus on the past couple years since that has been
the most fun... I am just going to show the journey briefly and comment more if there is interest.

In two years I have gone from:

2017 - Rolls Royce Wraith/991.2 Turbo S
Attachment 1044328

To
2018 Rolls Royce Dawn/991.1 GT3/BMW M5
Attachment 1044329

To CURRENT
2019 - Bentley Bentagy/991.2 GT3/Aston Martin Vantage
Attachment 1044330

So far I like my Current lineup is my favorite.
Only thing I might change is getting a convertible (as I usually have one), though Bentley Sunroof opens things up nicely.

Bentagya more practical (and faster and better driving performance-wise than Rolls).
Though I do miss that Starlight headliner

991.2 GT3 is kinda close to 991.1 BUT it is smoother, faster, updated tech and I got it BRAND NEW...
Much to say on the differences, but I like the GT3 better than Turbo S.
Nothing Beats the pure naturally aspirated linear acceleration. And 9000 RPMs is pure exhilaration
I just love to hear that engine fire on high RPMS.

M5 I let go of, not because of performance which it had in spades (2.9 / 0-60), but I like the thrill and handling of smaller sports cars .
Almost got an M2 Competition. For those on a budget it is a lot of fun.
But personally, I like something a little more as of late which is why I ended in the Aston (which had or possibly still has GREAT leasing options)!

I would love to hear other car journeys as well here on TRF!

P.S. Funny how my cars got crazier in a good way, my watch collection shrunk and dwindled...
But after a nearly 1-1/2 year hiatus (with only getting a SS Dayton C and SS Pepsi), I am feeling the watch urge
again.
As you say .... crazy!
LandWatch is offline   Reply With Quote