The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 June 2019, 08:08 AM   #31
wisguy
"TRF" Member

I did it, payback was like 18 months.

But it was more about not worrying about it honestly.
Old 16 June 2019, 04:26 PM   #32
j.mo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by function12 View Post
Most of the systems I see them pushing are just panels and you are selling excess back to the power company. So, you are on the grid. The grid goes down and I believe you go down too because you have no place to store it (batteries). What happens when they stop letting you sell back the excess? I bet the won't guarantee you can sell it back for the 15,20, 30 years.
I've been told directly by pge, they are going to start CHARGING to back feed into the grid. This is because of all the solar generation being fed is actually overloading their existing infrastructure. They are needing to build out excess capacity. Yes, they will be passing those charges along.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
j.mo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 06:19 AM   #33
chieftd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sub, YM16623
Being that Hawaii has the highest electricity costs in the US it was a good move for my family. We installed 27 panels back in 2012. Initial investment was $38K. Immediate tax credit was $25K. The system paid off the net costs in less than 5 years. I sell back to the grid and generally every year get a rebate back. During rainy and cloudy months I still have a small monthly utility bill, under $100, depends on A/C use. But the majority of the year I am producing more than using and my bill is only an administrative charge of $25. So far this year my total electric bill has been just over $100 for 6 months. Which is awesome considering I was averaging over $300 per month before installation. Very popular option in Hawaii, But certainly one would have to run the numbers if it is a good investment for their area. Good luck. Tim
chieftd is online now   Reply With Quote