The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 June 2019, 03:50 PM   #1
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Collectors 1946 experience

I saw a NYC based preowned watch shop called Collectors 1946. Did anyone have experience with them and are they trust worthy?
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2019, 10:03 PM   #2
thosw
"TRF" Member

They have several retail locations in the N.Y. area that are very active individually on eBay. I recently purchased a watch from their non-eBay online combined store which is Collectors 1946 and saved about 10% on the eBay listing. The transaction went well and I was pleased with the item. Shipping speed was 2 day delivery by FedEx.
thosw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 01:58 PM   #3
BumperX
"TRF" Member

I like them a lot. I bought 2 watches from them this year and there is always a little wiggle room on their list price. Condition was as advertised. there is a reason they have so many locations. I meant to write a positive thread on them but never got around to it because it's "praise" but God forbid if they wronged me...cuz that post would have gone live long ago. : )
BumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 12:36 PM   #4
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks all. I inquired about the watch I was interested in and they said it was serviced by their in house watchmaker. I was quite surprised as the watch was fair complicated and I would only want one that's serviced by the actual brand service center. So it's a pass
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 11:15 PM   #5
twinturb089
"TRF" Member

Watch: day date 40
I have bought both a 2015 tt submariner from them back in aug 2018 and just bought a 2016 yg dd in feb, and now looking at a yg sub listed. I am very happy with both of my purchases.
twinturb089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 10:41 AM   #6
Zi Pie'
"TRF" Member

Watch: The next one !
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
I saw a NYC based preowned watch shop called Collectors 1946. Did anyone have experience with them and are they trust worthy?

They are absolute trustworthy and their prices are great. I would say the best prices around. Ask for Arthur, he is the owner.
Zi Pie' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 12:18 AM   #7
Schmidbc
"TRF" Member

Glad to have found this old thread as I'm also looking at them for a purchase. Thanks for sharing the feedback.
Schmidbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 12:46 PM   #8
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Sorry to share a real bad experience with them. A watch that got lost / stolen from the US Postal System ended up for sale in their website; reported the information and they decided to return it to who sold it to them rather than address the issue even though all the applicable insurance and United States Postal Inspection Service (USIPS) Claim information was given to them.
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2023, 12:38 AM   #9
Hurricane1938
"TRF" Member

I bought a preowned 18k Datejust for my wife for Christmas 2021. She didn't like the fit. I returned it for a full refund (they have a 30 day full refund policy). Subsequently, I bought from Collectors1946 a steel/gold Datejust for her, and bought an 18k Oysterquartz for myself.

I've found their pricing very good and their service excellent.
Hurricane1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2023, 01:23 AM   #10
Watch Maniac
"TRF" Member

I vouch for Vin Collectors 1946 M Park.
Old 18 January 2023, 10:31 AM   #11
kg19989
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD 16600 Z Series
I'll stack on with the "thumbs up" votes. They're pretty good guys over there. No one is without with their faults but I've bought a number of watches and have never had a poor experience.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
kg19989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 10:21 PM   #12
Awaken
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
Awaken
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
WARNING do not purchase from Collectors1946, known to have fake replicas and papers. The white gold on their watches don’t even shine like white gold their more like a rose white gold. Can verify because I purchased from an AD and sat the watch side by side and can tell the laser etching on their claps are totally different (doesn’t have the crisp Rolex lasered font instead it’s a black machine font in the inner folding clasp. Be careful lots of $$ have been lost dealing with their fakes. A big tell tale sign is the amount of watches with no papers and the fake hulks you’ll see. Somebody should report them and get their licenses removed ( Huntington and Massepqua. I would say out of 50 watches 5-10 will be real and most likely overpriced.
Old 18 June 2023, 02:46 AM   #13
namjachoi
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 116710BLNR
mostly positive reviews on reddit and here. they have tons of reviews on ebay amongst all their accounts all > 99% positive
namjachoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2023, 10:06 PM   #14
pennyvube
"TRF" Member

They are absolute trustworthy and their prices are great. I would say the best prices around. Ask for Arthur, he is the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pennyvube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 01:18 PM   #15
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Collectors Watches

I deal with Dan in Massapequa and have bought 3 watches over the past year. Good team and fair pricing.
Blue Crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 11:00 PM   #16
wrenglejr
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1675 GMT-Master
I purchased a GMT Master II from the Huntingdon location and can say the service and pricing is very good. The only issue I had was when the watch was received, it had a forged warranty card. It was listed as a 2019 and someone had wrote over the original 2014 to make it appear as such. It looked very fishy when I received and inspected so I called the original AD who sold the watch and confirmed it was in fact sold in 2014. It took ten minutes to figure that out. Richard at CH was quick to respond and offered a full refund if I was not satisfied which I took him up on as I thought I was paying for a 2019 with some factory warranty left and as a 2014, the pricing wasn't that great coupled with a bad card that would have to then be disclosed in a future sale.
No issues on processing the return as they were very professional and responsive.
My only gripe is that why did it take me to figure out the issue on the card when a company guarantees authenticity. I understand things slip through the cracks, so you have to give them the benefit of a doubt.
I would say buy confidently and do your due-diligence just as you would with any piece you purchase.
They do have an incredible inventory and have solid pricing.

Rolex 116710LN
Omega Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary 2534.50
Tag Heuer Monza CR2114
wrenglejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 03:30 AM   #17
namjachoi
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenglejr View Post
I purchased a GMT Master II from the Huntingdon location and can say the service and pricing is very good. The only issue I had was when the watch was received, it had a forged warranty card. It was listed as a 2019 and someone had wrote over the original 2014 to make it appear as such. It looked very fishy when I received and inspected so I called the original AD who sold the watch and confirmed it was in fact sold in 2014. It took ten minutes to figure that out. Richard at CH was quick to respond and offered a full refund if I was not satisfied which I took him up on as I thought I was paying for a 2019 with some factory warranty left and as a 2014, the pricing wasn't that great coupled with a bad card that would have to then be disclosed in a future sale.
No issues on processing the return as they were very professional and responsive.
My only gripe is that why did it take me to figure out the issue on the card when a company guarantees authenticity. I understand things slip through the cracks, so you have to give them the benefit of a doubt.
I would say buy confidently and do your due-diligence just as you would with any piece you purchase.
They do have an incredible inventory and have solid pricing.

did they offer you a partial refund based on a fair 2014 price?
namjachoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2023, 07:49 AM   #18
Little machines
"TRF" Member

I have dealt with Collectors 1946 reasonably priced and very fair!
Little machines is offline   Reply With Quote