The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 August 2020, 10:22 PM   #31
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
This watch is gorgeous.
The textured dial is awesome, now we know what makes this blue so beautiful.
Regarding the OP concern, I didn’t see what he meant at first, thought he was concerned about the grainy look of the dial but then tried to zoom in on the picture and saw some specs around the 3 o’clock area that clearly seems like dirt or paining defect.
Remind me of the spec we get on the sensor of our cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 August 2020, 10:29 PM   #32
watchdisplay
"TRF" Member

Xbox
H
watchdisplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2020, 10:33 PM   #33
HERITAGE82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdisplay View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great picture!
- Breitling Chronomat - 10th Anniv.
- Huguenin Freres Speedmaster Prototype
HERITAGE82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2020, 10:35 PM   #34
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent65 View Post
Put the loupe away. It's a 3 grand watch, and mass-produced. The finish isn't going to be immaculate. It clearly bothers you, and it's your right to return it, so do that.

Essentially, you’re telling him he’s got an inexpensive watch and the flaws are a given on something of this level.

That’s not going to help his concern and just to mention, ‘most’ people in the real world would feel 3 grand as expensive.
Sprezzatura!, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2020, 10:42 PM   #35
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight Blue - Dial Flaw???

OP, I suspect that those purple specks, or flecks, are a result of how Tudor gain the colour dial on blue 58.

It won’t be the same on all dials, you will probably find some that don’t have over-colour like that, but equally, there will many more that have the same thing on them.

There is a similar thing going on within Rolex sun-burst dials where it looks as though there are scratches in the dial, but it’s just grooves that are deeper in some places, on some of the dials. It happens in the process in order to give a dial a characteristic or particular shade. Just like what’s happened on your dial, but with these specks.

Rolex will have a tolerance scale. It determines what they are happy with in regards to imperfections. If you take it to a RSC they will look at it and will tell you whether it’s acceptable or not.

If it isn’t, they may offer up a re-dial. If it is, they’ll hand your watch back after inspection.
Old 4 August 2020, 11:18 PM   #36
JodyHighroller
Banned

I see the dots you're referring to around the 4-5, 9-10 hour markers. IMHO, these look like a larger version of the mini dots that make up the rest of the texture on the dial. Something that must've occurred during the manufacturing process.

I'd suggest to sleep on it for a couple weeks and go from there. As previously mentioned, there is a significant lead time at the RSC so you might as well wait and enjoy the watch for a bit. Rather you break it in so if the event it does come back with some handling/hairline scratches it'll hurt less. You can always send it in later during the warranty period. Just one of those situations where you pick your battles.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2020, 11:30 PM   #37
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Like most here say, put that loupe away and stop looking for flaws. If it bothers you that much, just ask for a refund because you might get another flawed watch. And the next watch you get, take that loupe with you and "analize" it real good before you leave the AD.
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2020, 11:35 PM   #38
myc ritz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Speedy, Rolex
In this case, I would embrace the dots. IMO, the B58 is just begging to be worn heavy...just like Subs used to be. Enjoy the extra pepper on that thing.
myc ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 12:03 AM   #39
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Watches and close-ups, great fun but fraught with danger as you can find out just how good those mass produce parts really are.

or

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 12:16 AM   #40
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I can see them. On either side of the 4 marker. Interesting.

I would probably just leave it but it may be one of those things where once you see them you can't unsee them.

If it bugs you take it in. Not a cheap watch and you deserve it to be right.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 01:03 AM   #41
atpujol
"TRF" Member

OP here. Firstly, I do not want people thinking that I am over here just festering and boiled up over this. If you see my original post, I am just wondering if anyone else noticed. I am not upset about it in the least. It is just a watch. For those saying put the loupe away. Really? A loupe is a vehicle to enjoy the watch more, but also should the Tudor watchmaker put it away too since it is mass produced, why bother?

My point is that a lot of arguments are to just ignore it, that is a completely viable argument. My thought is should it be ignored? Though it does not bother me surely Tudor QC noticed it prior to sending it out. OR maybe they did not notice and that is what we should maybe be discussing?

For those interested of course.

Also, to the post who said it is a $3k watch and mass produced... Would you say the same thing about a Submariner if we were in year 2005? Just a thought. Pretty sure when you could get a Submariner for under $4k it was never considered by your implication, "cheap."
atpujol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 01:10 AM   #42
atpujol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myc ritz View Post
In this case, I would embrace the dots. IMO, the B58 is just begging to be worn heavy...just like Subs used to be. Enjoy the extra pepper on that thing.
Totally agree by the way! However, the issue still interests me. I am for sure leaning towards just mentioning it at the first service. Or, not... Maybe we will be looking at "Purple" Bays as vintage pieces in 30 years.
Old 5 August 2020, 03:05 AM   #43
timlaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: Coke 16710
made me look at mine under a 40x loupe but i cant see what OP can apparently see just a uniform matte blue dial

also for a 3 grand watch the dial stands up remarkably well to loupe scrutiny in my view

124060 Submariner, 16710 Coke, 16570 Black dial, Datejust 41 Wimbledon dial, Tudor Black Bay GMT, Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue, Tudor Black Bay 58 925, Tudor Prince Date Chronograph (panda dial)
timlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 03:28 AM   #44
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura!, View Post
Essentially, you’re telling him he’s got an inexpensive watch and the flaws are a given on something of this level.

That’s not going to help his concern and just to mention, ‘most’ people in the real world would feel 3 grand as expensive.
1. I know what I said. It's not a 50K watch. And from many of the posts here it seems a lot of folks can't see what he means anyway.
2. I inhabit said 'real world' mate.
3. I also said he of course has a right to return it if he's not happy. This applies to something of $10 value or much greater.
Old 5 August 2020, 03:39 AM   #45
atpujol
"TRF" Member

Hey watch fam. I will try and get a better picture with a macro lens. More to come.
Old 5 August 2020, 04:00 AM   #46
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
1. I know what I said. It's not a 50K watch. And from many of the posts here it seems a lot of folks can't see what he means anyway.
2. I inhabit said 'real world' mate.
3. I also said he of course has a right to return it if he's not happy. This applies to something of $10 value or much greater.

Thanks for the numbered points, your original response now suddenly makes sense! It’s like someone has turned the light on in the room, thank you.
Old 5 August 2020, 04:17 AM   #47
Iulian.Butum
"TRF" Member

I would worry more for the two dots between 200m and 660ft witch are way off
Iulian.Butum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 07:28 AM   #48
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
But Dan you must have a loupe and look under certain bright lighting to see them,IMHO its just normal paint pigment.
They are pretty easy to see.

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 07:59 AM   #49
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the numbered points, your original response now suddenly makes sense! It’s like someone has turned the light on in the room, thank you.
You're welcome - glad it helped. Thanks for telling me what I'd already said, and clarifying where 'most' people live. Very enlightening.
Old 5 August 2020, 10:47 AM   #50
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for telling me what I'd already said, and clarifying where 'most' people live. Very enlightening.
No problemo. Look, we all need a reality check sometimes.

Have a good day!
Old 9 August 2020, 07:10 AM   #51
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No problemo. Look, we all need a reality check sometimes.

Have a good day!
You mean a "reality check" like the actual sizes (in reality not the dimensions published by Rolex themselves) of Daytona/DJ41, and whom exactly etches the info on the white hang-tags (because it's obviously critical for a punter to know that granular detail); which box size to get with a DJ (period-correct vs current)...and ... just what is that dang .02 on a SAP code?!

Have a good day, too!
Old 10 August 2020, 03:06 PM   #52
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
You mean a "reality check" like the actual sizes (in reality not the dimensions published by Rolex themselves) of Daytona/DJ41, and whom exactly etches the info on the white hang-tags (because it's obviously critical for a punter to know that granular detail); which box size to get with a DJ (period-correct vs current)...and ... just what is that dang .02 on a SAP code?!

Have a good day, too!

Ah bless, you took the time to look at some of my posts. Clearly the sort of individual who takes things personally by comments made on a forum hahaha, and then, gathers ammunition to come back haha.

Oops hang on, I’d better stop there, you’ll want to respond again... go on....
Old 10 August 2020, 10:59 PM   #53
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ah bless, you took the time to look at some of my posts. Clearly the sort of individual who takes things personally by comments made on a forum hahaha, and then, gathers ammunition to come back haha.

Oops hang on, I’d better stop there, you’ll want to respond again... go on....

Haha - it's you who clearly wants to have the last word, having lambasted me in the first place about a post I made which had nothing whatsoever to do with you. Of course I'm going to respond - you made it personal.

Ah, bless.
Old 11 August 2020, 12:04 AM   #54
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iulian.Butum View Post
I would worry more for the two dots between 200m and 660ft witch are way off
Oh noes. If you hadn't mentioned that I NEVER would have even noticed.
Old 11 August 2020, 02:10 AM   #55
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Haha - it's you who clearly wants to have the last word, having lambasted me in the first place about a post I made which had nothing whatsoever to do with you. Of course I'm going to respond - you made it personal.

Ah, bless.

Nah... I’m just letting you embarrass yourself.

You may take the pi*s out of what you think are naive posts of mine about boxes and case sizes, but you’re demonstrating that you actually get consumed with posts on a forum. ‘You made it personal’?? WTF?? I don’t even know you, and you me, so how can that be?!?

Have you even looked at my original response to you? How can anyone be so hugely offended by something so generally spoken.

To me this is massively comical and I’ll go about my daily business after posting. Whereas you... you’ll post, and then... oh, post some more, because that’s what you do here on this forum - it’s where you hang out with your 14,000 post count??

Crikey. I bet you’re a hoot at a party! haha

p.s; Vincent, you’re not going to tell me that you’ve been a member here for nearly a decade, with evidently serous usage on the forum over that time and haven’t ‘pledged’, are you??

‘TRF Member’ status only?! That’s rather frugal, no?
Old 11 August 2020, 08:08 PM   #56
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nah... I’m just letting you embarrass yourself.

You may take the pi*s out of what you think are naive posts of mine about boxes and case sizes, but you’re demonstrating that you actually get consumed with posts on a forum. ‘You made it personal’?? WTF?? I don’t even know you, and you me, so how can that be?!?

Have you even looked at my original response to you? How can anyone be so hugely offended by something so generally spoken.

To me this is massively comical and I’ll go about my daily business after posting. Whereas you... you’ll post, and then... oh, post some more, because that’s what you do here on this forum - it’s where you hang out with your 14,000 post count??

Crikey. I bet you’re a hoot at a party! haha

p.s; Vincent, you’re not going to tell me that you’ve been a member here for nearly a decade, with evidently serous usage on the forum over that time and haven’t ‘pledged’, are you??

‘TRF Member’ status only?! That’s rather frugal, no?
On the contrary, it's you who's embarrassing yourself, and I'm the one laughing at your pathetic hypocrisy! You keep coming back here and posting... and posting some more, because "that's what you do here, on this forum" Yup, posting on a forum, there's a concept to grasp. Keep going - fill yer boots, because it's hilarious. Clearly it's you who's consumed by this, and you obviously don't have the common courtesy [or basic intellect] to acknowledge that you needlessly pounced on my comment to the OP (BTW I'm not "hugely offended" or even slightly miffed; you're utterly incapable of offending me. And it wasn't "generally spoken" - it was specifically directed at me, as you quoted my post - get it straight, mate). Then, you just can't take it if someone responds. You've even demonstrated in one of your mind-numbingly tedious threads that you can't even handle it if a mod responds to you, without patronising them, too.

P.S.; FYI - keep your absurd, grossly incorrect assumptions to yourself, because I pledged here for years, not that it's any of your business. Rude imbeciles like you are why I decided to stop. I'm done with this, and as I said before, you apparently have a sick need to have the last word, so knock yourself out, because I won't even read it! Go back to 'going about your daily business' of SAP codes or whatever, sap.
Old 11 August 2020, 09:55 PM   #57
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
On the contrary, it's you who's embarrassing yourself, and I'm the one laughing at your pathetic hypocrisy! You keep coming back here and posting... and posting some more, because "that's what you do here, on this forum" Yup, posting on a forum, there's a concept to grasp. Keep going - fill yer boots, because it's hilarious. Clearly it's you who's consumed by this, and you obviously don't have the common courtesy [or basic intellect] to acknowledge that you needlessly pounced on my comment to the OP (BTW I'm not "hugely offended" or even slightly miffed; you're utterly incapable of offending me. And it wasn't "generally spoken" - it was specifically directed at me, as you quoted my post - get it straight, mate). Then, you just can't take it if someone responds. You've even demonstrated in one of your mind-numbingly tedious threads that you can't even handle it if a mod responds to you, without patronising them, too.

P.S.; FYI - keep your absurd, grossly incorrect assumptions to yourself, because I pledged here for years, not that it's any of your business. Rude imbeciles like you are why I decided to stop. I'm done with this, and as I said before, you apparently have a sick need to have the last word, so knock yourself out, because I won't even read it! Go back to 'going about your daily business' of SAP codes or whatever, sap.

That’s a long old response there Vincent, was an epic read, thank you.

You’ve taken the bait, again, from someone that doesn’t know you and whom most couldn’t possibly take offence from.

Think I’ve proven my point. Cheerio then!
Old 11 August 2020, 11:12 PM   #58
Thuilln
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
#Facepalm

Old 12 August 2020, 12:08 AM   #59
atpujol
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Chill bro. lol
Old 12 August 2020, 12:47 AM   #60
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
What were we talking about again?
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote