The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 July 2019, 12:42 AM   #91
haven_seeker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 19018N OQ
I don’t know why more people who feel like this don’t just go vintage.

Oh, you want new and shiny? Then you gotta pay to play!
haven_seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 01:01 AM   #92
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
It seems like your AD ( ex AD) is the sole source of your anguish. They got kicked to the curb by Rolex and yet didn’t have the courtesy to call you to arrange a prompt return of your deposit?
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 01:10 AM   #93
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwer View Post
It seems like your AD ( ex AD) is the sole source of your anguish. They got kicked to the curb by Rolex and yet didn’t have the courtesy to call you to arrange a prompt return of your deposit?

Yup they never even tried to call. Not even a curtesy call.
BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 01:12 AM   #94
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haven_seeker View Post

No you don’t , one just need a respectable AD . I had no issue waiting I wasn’t a must have it today guy yesterday and I am not that today . That attitude of pay to play feeds this non sense and I already have an older 16710 so there is that too...
Old 22 July 2019, 01:22 AM   #95
Mandy01
Banned

Watch: 126333, 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABOD View Post
A little hot is right and I have no doubt it will pass. Yes in some way I am lucky but what I really want to say is that Rolex is the lucky one when people are willing to put up w this nonsense. Maybe it is the, i can’t have it syndrome but I have no idea how sustainable it will be for them in the long run . They have weathered many economic crisis but the past is no indication of the future ...
I know is very frustrating when you have the money to buy something and not getting it. With the AD's I think they will keep u around buying other pieces and pens, jewelry and stuff and after a while probably they may sell u some SS pieces. Try more than one AD and NEVER leave a deposit, I asked for sub around 2 or 3 AD's and for my surprise 2 of them called me almost simultaneously after only 3 weeks. After I was told it would be 6 months. So my point is visit more than one, you never in which one you may find your luck.
Mandy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 01:36 AM   #96
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatpauli View Post
Boo hoo.

Take a deep breath and realize your a whining little a little baby over not being able to buy your luxury watch.

Go visit a third world country and live with the locals for 11 hours. Get some perspective and grow up.

There are ways to take issue with what the OP wrote without being insulting or name calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 01:40 AM   #97
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Lesson to all. Dont put down money for a promise.

Sounds like a quote from an 80s movie, or a complaint about a date gone wrong.

Old 22 July 2019, 01:44 AM   #98
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Quote:

My thoughts also.

Old 22 July 2019, 01:46 AM   #99
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
It is what it is. Nothing you can do.

Put it in perspective, it’s only a watch.
If you have a roof over your head and clothes on your back you’re doing better than 75% of thus world.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 01:57 AM   #100
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Argonaut View Post
There are ways to take issue with what the OP wrote without being insulting or name calling.

Yes but some have no manners....

Like I said many times a first world problem and by no means a problem. I have many watches some can only dream of having , I have a roof over my head and a good paying job . Some chose to eat out every night some chose to drink it up some chose cars pens ....I chose watches and on a watch forum venting about getting shafted seems like the right place to do so.

The other bit is the AD NEVER contacted me about my deposit and even face to face in the store it isn’t until i asked that the refund was mentioned so yeah I was a bit peeved yesterday...blame me....
Old 22 July 2019, 01:57 AM   #101
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
Quote:
Yup they never even tried to call. Not even a curtesy call.
For the amount of deposit, the lack of communication was inexcusable. It in a way sheds some light on possibly why they got dumped by Rolex.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 04:35 AM   #102
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
Those warlords have the coolest watches.
Lol
rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 04:58 AM   #103
z32turbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Varies
Quote:
The funny thing is that AD is very reputed here and has a lot of other nice brands ...so they must have royally screwed around at least that is my speculation

You’re problem right, I’m sure it’s not the first time Rolex has had this situation happen.

Instagram @z32turbo
z32turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 10:24 AM   #104
haven_seeker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 19018N OQ
Quote:
No you don’t , one just need a respectable AD . I had no issue waiting I wasn’t a must have it today guy yesterday and I am not that today . That attitude of pay to play feeds this non sense and I already have an older 16710 so there is that too...

Not sure why you insist on speaking of a fairytale land where the world is a fair place and everyone is treated equally.

If life were like that:
1) You wouldn’t be ranting,
2) You wouldn’t need a Visa!!!

If you already have a fine GMT why beat yourself up like this trying to get the latest and greatest? That, by all definition is “feeding into the nonsense,” as you said yourself.
haven_seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 10:42 AM   #105
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not sure why you insist on speaking of a fairytale land where the world is a fair place and everyone is treated equally.

If life were like that:

1) You wouldn’t be ranting,

2) You wouldn’t need a Visa!!!

If you already have a fine GMT why beat yourself up like this trying to get the latest and greatest? That, by all definition is “feeding into the nonsense,” as you said yourself.

I don’t see how having an older version precludes the desire for a newer version and that feeding the nonsense. By your way of thinking it would mean having one watch is enough and a majority of us here would be in way over our heads w things we simply don’t need but maybe just maybe bcs it happens to be a hobby then more than 1 is acceptable ....you let me know if I am allowed more than 1 per your reasoning .

I am also not sure where I ever brought up the word fair ? Did I say, it wasn’t fair or did you? remind me please.

Isn’t it ok to rant based on a bad experience at an AD or do I also need your blessing? Maybe just move on instead of making personal attacks , you dont know me and I have no intention in knowing you so move on or maybe stop thinking you have got it all figured it out .
Old 8 August 2020, 11:37 AM   #106
kiki9999
"TRF" Member

Lucky me because I was never into Rolex watch in the first place. One thing I told myself is that "if Rolex has plenty of supplies and a crappy resale value, will you still buy their watches?"
The answer is obvious, no.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
kiki9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 11:43 AM   #107
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
Sorry to hear.

Never give a deposit... that’s unnecessary
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 12:37 PM   #108
peterpl
Banned

Everyone is feeling the same way my man.

Rolex really cant do anything themselves unless they start doing something to stop the profiteering. Its a capitalist country we all live in so as the common saying goes money makes the world go round.

I have NEVER been a believer of these so called "waitlist" bullcrap even with a deposit. Money talks at the end of the day and as I've been saying if the AD has an opportunity to sell it for a big profit why not? Otherwise they are giving you a free $10k at the end of the day. You could bet your money they have had more than 3 BLROs in that time frame - none just never came your way.

Thats the market these days. I think many real collectors who actually love watches and the brand have been burnt so much they moved on now.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 12:42 PM   #109
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Holy Necro Thread! The OP’s dilemma was over a year ago.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 01:00 PM   #110
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Holy Necro Thread! The OP’s dilemma was over a year ago.
Legend has it, the OP is still awaiting the mythical BLRO.
Old 8 August 2020, 01:10 PM   #111
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
Legend has it, the OP is still awaiting the mythical BLRO.

Well damn my own thread

Old 8 August 2020, 01:16 PM   #112
IlikeSubs
Banned

Quote:
Well damn my own thread

How did you end up finding one?
IlikeSubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 01:19 PM   #113
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
The OP is now much less frustrated ..
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 01:23 PM   #114
richard371
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Yay. Woo hoo.
richard371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 01:27 PM   #115
Lamontre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
The OP is now much less frustrated ..
Lamontre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 02:11 PM   #116
zewill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Patience in collecting watches is a trait worth cultivating.

Today’s headwinds are often offset by tailwinds later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lol. Don't agree.
When I visited ad's back in 2012 and has my choice of Sd, SUbs, LV, and you could ask 10% off... i ended up going for a pre owned sea dweller... That is now worth double.. I don't think patience with Rolex does anything except cost you more and frustrate you even more.

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk
zewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 02:22 PM   #117
DJ39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
Frustrated to no end

Quote:
So this isn’t the first time we have heard of unavailable watches from Rolex since it is a daily report by watch lovers and speculators alike, going to ADs leaving empty handed ....

My story is the one of someone passionate with watches (I even put some together on my own)but ready to simply call it quits with this enormous bs that is the current Rolex market.

So over 1.5 years ago in March, 3 days post Basel I put my name down w 5K cash at my local AD for the elusive blro. I was told like most that it would take a while but was #3 on their list (which was true since I ended up seeing their books later on that year). the first year the store sold at least 2 blro so I was told yup buddy next one is for you even though I was a tad suspicious and this was in Nov of last year ......so like a good puppy I waited until today.

Well, today here I go to check in and to my dismay the Rolex displays are all gone (fancy ones they were) and replaced by a ficus tree and a couch .....my suspicion is they sold out the back door and got caught

I start chatting w the head oncho which confirms that THEY just dropped Rolex since apparently they were too difficult to work with .....doubt it but whatev , gut punched and crotch kicked I asked what now? ....don’t worry a check is written and on its way to you ....k sounds good but this blows.

So here I am like a complete dumb a$$ after 1.5 year and some change waiting (some had been apparently on a list for 3 years for a Daytona and had paid in full) being told that hey sorry bud no soup for you. So I call another local ad the last one around here and they say sure but it will be five years ...fast forward an hour and after discussing w another ad 3 hours away i get to find out that the one that just told me 5 year wait is also losing its status. WTF...

So where I am at now is wanting to say F this hobby I really don’t need this crap in my life . Yeah yeah yeah go grey pay twice as much for something that isn’t a 18k product no thanks . Not a principle issue or a virtue moment simply is I work too hard to throw money out of the window.

So I pick myself up called two ads in my state that require in person deposits but they are three hours away one way. More but punch, but I am sorry i am not driving 3 hours one way to pay full deposit for a watch I might see in three years. It is a watch not a kidney.

So imho this is intended to be a fun hobby with folks that care more about the watch than making a few bucks out of it . The speculators have essentially ruined it for me.
Yeah I can go to other brands I experienced omega iwc ...and I am not interested in them anymore. Yeah I could go truly upmarket with VC but in all honesty what I want to do now is grab my decent collection and sell it all.

Maybe I will feel differently in the morning but when a hobby becomes a hassle to purchase an item for 10 grand where you have to drive 6 hours to possibly see a watch in three years or when you get screwed by your Ad then it is idiotic at best and insulting at worse .

End of rant

But how do you really feel about it now that you have the watch. Was it worth the wait

DJ39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 02:25 PM   #118
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zewill View Post
Lol. Don't agree.
When I visited ad's back in 2012 and has my choice of Sd, SUbs, LV, and you could ask 10% off... i ended up going for a pre owned sea dweller... That is now worth double.. I don't think patience with Rolex does anything except cost you more and frustrate you even more.

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk

That post of mine was a year ago...
Plus, you didn’t read the context right.

The OP had patience and now has the watch he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 02:44 PM   #119
bleighs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711 CHNR
Sucks but not the worst thing that can happen. Go for a chnr!
bleighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 06:08 PM   #120
Ageing Orphan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So this isn’t the first time we have heard of unavailable watches from Rolex since it is a daily report by watch lovers and speculators alike, going to ADs leaving empty handed ....

My story is the one of someone passionate with watches (I even put some together on my own)but ready to simply call it quits with this enormous bs that is the current Rolex market.

So over 1.5 years ago in March, 3 days post Basel I put my name down w 5K cash at my local AD for the elusive blro. I was told like most that it would take a while but was #3 on their list (which was true since I ended up seeing their books later on that year). the first year the store sold at least 2 blro so I was told yup buddy next one is for you even though I was a tad suspicious and this was in Nov of last year ......so like a good puppy I waited until today.

Well, today here I go to check in and to my dismay the Rolex displays are all gone (fancy ones they were) and replaced by a ficus tree and a couch .....my suspicion is they sold out the back door and got caught

I start chatting w the head oncho which confirms that THEY just dropped Rolex since apparently they were too difficult to work with .....doubt it but whatev , gut punched and crotch kicked I asked what now? ....don’t worry a check is written and on its way to you ....k sounds good but this blows.

So here I am like a complete dumb a$$ after 1.5 year and some change waiting (some had been apparently on a list for 3 years for a Daytona and had paid in full) being told that hey sorry bud no soup for you. So I call another local ad the last one around here and they say sure but it will be five years ...fast forward an hour and after discussing w another ad 3 hours away i get to find out that the one that just told me 5 year wait is also losing its status. WTF...

So where I am at now is wanting to say F this hobby I really don’t need this crap in my life . Yeah yeah yeah go grey pay twice as much for something that isn’t a 18k product no thanks . Not a principle issue or a virtue moment simply is I work too hard to throw money out of the window.

So I pick myself up called two ads in my state that require in person deposits but they are three hours away one way. More but punch, but I am sorry i am not driving 3 hours one way to pay full deposit for a watch I might see in three years. It is a watch not a kidney.

So imho this is intended to be a fun hobby with folks that care more about the watch than making a few bucks out of it . The speculators have essentially ruined it for me.
Yeah I can go to other brands I experienced omega iwc ...and I am not interested in them anymore. Yeah I could go truly upmarket with VC but in all honesty what I want to do now is grab my decent collection and sell it all.

Maybe I will feel differently in the morning but when a hobby becomes a hassle to purchase an item for 10 grand where you have to drive 6 hours to possibly see a watch in three years or when you get screwed by your Ad then it is idiotic at best and insulting at worse .

End of rant
Well said I couldn't agree more. The whole Rolex 'situation' is absurd and I'm also out. I recently sold my 114060 and am no longer interested in the Rolex brand. Good luck to everyone who still is as they are a very good watch but not worth all the BS that comes along with it.
Ageing Orphan is offline   Reply With Quote