The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 June 2020, 10:37 PM   #31
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Meteorite GMT for sure, not even a contest for me.
X2 for me...the Meteorite GMT is on another level/planet from the Daytona.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2020, 10:40 PM   #32
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
GMT for me. Good luck.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2020, 10:50 PM   #33
Avs Fan
"TRF" Member

Meteor. Daytona not withstanding, green and gold combo don't work for me.
Avs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2020, 10:50 PM   #34
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Green Daytona first, which is also produced in very low quantities from what I hear. But would love to add the GMT one day, that dial is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2020, 10:57 PM   #35
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I would rather have the GMT, but with blue dial.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2020, 11:01 PM   #36
Manu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 | LVc | SkyD
Pepsi GMT 100%
Manu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2020, 11:26 PM   #37
Sg6067
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15450ST Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
I know. But consider the following :

https://i.imgur.com/5xnDqrH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NddSeTp.jpg

The idea is of course, that each is different. But what if you end up with one you really don't like ?
Thank you for pointing this out! I hadn’t considered dial variations, but it’s very important here. Especially in these times where we are forced to purchase sight unseen based on the stock photo. The dial in the first picture you posted is uniform and beautiful as I would expect. The second is still nice but I wouldn’t be happy about the flat appearance and those prominent black specks when spending 40-50k.
Sg6067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 04:45 AM   #38
LoveTheCrown
"TRF" Member

Well I’m blown away by the response! Thank you.

I had the opportunity to see and put on my wrist (very briefly) a WG GMT Meteorite in March when I was on a trip to Iceland. The Rolex store had one but it was already spoken for and they were waiting for the buyer to return from a trip. It felt and looked awesome. I took a picture but can’t seem to locate it right now.

About that trip.... we went away the last week of Feb when Coronavirus was something we heard about in China and small pockets of the West coast. Two weeks later we returned and by then it was crazy. It was the oddest thing having been away immediately prior to the outbreak, having it ignite while we were gone and then come home to a very different world. For those out there old enough to remember the original Planet of the Apes.... it was like the final scene when Charlton Heston is walking on the beach and sees the remains of the Statute of a Liberty and realizes it’s still the same planet but it’s completely changed and ravaged.

LoveTheCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 05:14 AM   #39
Muzikman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub (116610LN)
Meteorite GMT white gold vs yellow gold green dial Daytona

Personally I would go for the green Daytona but you should always go with what your heart sings! As both are amazing watches. Also even if you don’t go for both, If you can, maybe try and get a SS sports watch of your choice along with it. As you are getting a PM watch! Hopefully you will get your hands on a good SS watch as well. I would go with either the SS Daytona or the Blue dial Skydweller or the Pepsi on jubilee! Top three most difficult to get SS watches!

Muzikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 05:21 AM   #40
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Nice Choice to have. I haven’t seen either in person but based on the numerous pics I’ve looked at, I would pick the Daytona.
I will say however, that Meteorite is indeed special.
And while I normally don’t like “look at me” pieces (which this particular Daytona is), That green dial with the YG is special.

bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 06:10 AM   #41
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatchguy View Post
A very happy dilemma to have!

My vote would be for the Daytona. The GMT has the rare element to it with the meteorite dial, but the legibility is suspect. That combination of the yellow gold and green dial is an absolute winner!
Agree with this
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 06:13 AM   #42
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:

The idea is of course, that each is different. But what if you end up with one you really don't like ?
True that each of meteorite dial is different, but i think all of them must look pretty good to a certain level.

If it turn out that you don't like it, you can pass and wait for the next one. I am sure there will be somebody willing to take that one right away.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 07:05 AM   #43
strettyend
"TRF" Member

The GMT. I couldn’t love that Christmas green and red dial in the flesh
AP ROC 26315or; AP RO 15450st; Vacheron Fiftysix; Day Date RG 228235 Olive; Daytona YG 116528; Daytona YG Oysterflex 116518; Cartier Santos de Cartier Rose Gold; Panerai PAM 0048; IWC Portofino Chrono; Girard-Perregaux Richeville
strettyend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 07:20 AM   #44
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveTheCrown View Post
Strangest thing today. I received a call from my AD today. Told me about some big pow wow with Rolex and as a result, the can go to their A+ customers, get a deposit and guarantee the delivery of watch; time length to be determined. The white gold Pepsi with the meteorite dual has long since been my grail. I also get serious wood for the yellow gold Daytona with the green face (the John mayor hyped watch). The economy being what it is, I wanna be as fiscallly concerned as anyone else so I told him that right now, I would go one or the other, but not both. I felt bad karma by going for both right now.

Curious from the gang out there. Would you have chosen white gold Pepsi meteorite GMT or yellow gold, green dial Daytona. Very much want to hear from you and not just your choice, but back it up! Why?

Thanks y-all.

Truth is I would take either one. If both were in front of me and I could only choose one, I would prefer the meteorite dial GMT.
Old 21 June 2020, 09:15 AM   #45
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

What else do you have in your collection? I think both watches are stunning. They both look good, but are very different watches.

If you do not already have a full yellow gold watch, the Daytona would be a great addition. However, if it were to be your only watch, I think the GMT would be a better choice. It is less flashy and can fly under the radar while still being all gold.

I think you should consider which one would compliment your collection the best. For example if you already had a SS GMT, then the meteorite GMT might be redundant.

I think they will both hold value. So if you play the long game, I would suggest considering which would best round out your collection.

I am a true believer in buying the one that sings to you. Not sure how you make your decisions, but I would think that in your heart, there is one that calls to you just a little bit more than the other. I can just see how it would be a hard decision as they are both so beautiful.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 09:18 AM   #46
MattyL147
"TRF" Member

GMT without question!
MattyL147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 11:27 AM   #47
Hard_Six
"TRF" Member

Watch: those three’s roll
Meteorite GMT all the way. As for why... It just feels more special to me.
Hard_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 11:37 AM   #48
eric1
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub,gmt2, daytona
Gmt!!!
eric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 03:39 PM   #49
philster
"TRF" Member

Meteorite GMT no question!
philster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 03:44 PM   #50
Goonthree
"TRF" Member

GMT is much harder to get. So if both available and have to pick onex I would go GMT meteorite
Goonthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 04:51 PM   #51
synrrgy
"TRF" Member

My vote is for the GMT Meteorite!! I personally don't like YG, add to that the green dial that goes with it. I'll still admire it for people that have it, but I wouldn't wear it.
synrrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 05:53 PM   #52
LoveTheCrown
"TRF" Member

Here’s the picture of the GMT WG Meteorite I was able to touch and slip on my wrist while in Iceland. Instantly fell in love.

Old 21 June 2020, 09:11 PM   #53
P1nky_Up
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’d take the first link over the second link. But I’d take BOTH over not having one. Still waiting on the call over here.
P1nky_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2020, 02:23 PM   #54
LoveTheCrown
"TRF" Member

For those of you at home keeping score...... i gave the deposit on the GMT Meteorite. This has been my grail for a long long time and I’ve searched the globe for it, while refusing to buy Grey. To own this watch would be for me the pinnacle. I know we do not all share the same desires or emotional connections to such objects. This is mine.

And then...... there should he a law or device that keeps our iphones out of our hands after three cocktails. It seems that later, late in the evening of that weekend i drunk texted my AD (hey. At least it wasn’t a woman or something.... I’m married so it could have been worse!!). I was telling him (so i read today but had wrote fri night without memory of it) how these two pieces are the last two i want for my collection and apparently at some point i gave him my authorization to run my card for a deposit on the yellow gold green dial Daytona in addition to the previously sober decision to put the deposit down on the GMT. I just pray they don’t arrive in the same month! That’s a lot of cheeseburgers! Anyway, when they arrive i shall proudly post pictures among with the slogan: do not drink and shop!”

Old 23 June 2020, 02:29 PM   #55
Jona
Banned

Watch: 116618LN
Yeah I had too much caffeine one morning and bought a carphouse of silver coins. At least it wasn't outrageous. I think I got a few dupes though. Just put the CC in the freezer for a few hours.
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2020, 03:19 PM   #56
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveTheCrown View Post
For those of you at home keeping score...... i gave the deposit on the GMT Meteorite. This has been my grail for a long long time and I’ve searched the globe for it, while refusing to buy Grey. To own this watch would be for me the pinnacle. I know we do not all share the same desires or emotional connections to such objects. This is mine.

And then...... there should he a law or device that keeps our iphones out of our hands after three cocktails. It seems that later, late in the evening of that weekend i drunk texted my AD (hey. At least it wasn’t a woman or something.... I’m married so it could have been worse!!). I was telling him (so i read today but had wrote fri night without memory of it) how these two pieces are the last two i want for my collection and apparently at some point i gave him my authorization to run my card for a deposit on the yellow gold green dial Daytona in addition to the previously sober decision to put the deposit down on the GMT. I just pray they don’t arrive in the same month! That’s a lot of cheeseburgers! Anyway, when they arrive i shall proudly post pictures among with the slogan: do not drink and shop!”

Pay attention everyone, this is how it's done
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2020, 03:53 PM   #57
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

126719 all day long, especially with meteorite dial! My holy grail.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2020, 06:10 PM   #58
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Pay attention everyone, this is how it's done
That guy has a sickness.

As do we all.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2020, 11:22 PM   #59