The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 August 2018, 06:13 PM   #151
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
I actually agree although I don’t get why, but it is what it is. I’ve never had the urge for a sub though minus maybe the hulk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should try a sub for a few days. That thing has a charm of its own. Absolute classic.

I have a Hulk too but actually prefer my sub date as it tends to blend in with whatever I'm wearing a lot easier.
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 06:20 PM   #152
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-London View Post
You should try a sub for a few days. That thing has a charm of its own. Absolute classic.

I have a Hulk too but actually prefer my sub date as it tends to blend in with whatever I'm wearing a lot easier.
i found a black DSSD and a GMT LN too redundant Black dial, black ceramic bezel and they were not even the same size. I like subs, but i prefer the LN GMT and i just cant see them co existing. Add a different color (hulk or the blue WG sub) and sure im interested.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 06:23 PM   #153
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdate View Post
I don’t think the BLRO colours are perfect, I didn’t on the WG and still don’t on the SS.

So for me at least it wasn’t the SS instead of WG that made the watch/bezel colours work, it’s the new bracelet.
I took some outdoor shots of my WG BLRO on my iPhoneX yesterday and in natural light the bezel colours actually didn't look too bad at all.

And to be fair you're never going to get exactly the same colour as the aluminium bezel pepsi as they are two entirely different base materials/processes, but the ceramic bezel colours are not terrible in my view.

Old 12 August 2018, 06:26 PM   #154
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i found a black DSSD and a GMT LN too redundant Black dial, black ceramic bezel and they were not even the same size. I like subs, but i prefer the LN GMT and i just cant see them co existing. Add a different color (hulk or the blue WG sub) and sure im interested.
That's logical and got me thinking. Any excuse lol but I just might try an all black GMT and see how that lives with the sub.
Old 12 August 2018, 10:13 PM   #155
Zipster1
"TRF" Member

Yeah I paid above retail for it about $16,750 USD, I admit it. It was the shop's first BLRO and i couldnt say no....
Zipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 06:43 AM   #156
justdate
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/AP/Rolex
Quote:
its not for everyone (nor is any other watch) and thankfully Rolex makes many different watches for that reason.

I don't think the BLNR colors "work". That doesnt make the colors "wrong" it just means they don't work for me. I have no issue with that but its more when people say the colors are some sort of mistake or something other than exactly what Rolex intended them to be is when it gets a bit ridiculous

The worst part of the watch market these days is because something is hot, people try to force something they might not otherwise buy. Its not a recipe for long term happiness with any watch. I love the BLRO and would have bought it no matter if it was popular or not, but thats not what everyone else does with daytonas, sky dwellers, GMT's etc.

Yes, I can definitely see that. The only reason I bought the SS BLRO was because of the jubilee bracelet, I love that, and that’s equally as controversial it seems.

I’ve had pretty much all the coloured Rolex ceramic bezels and to me none are as nice as the black bezel. I guess I just don’t really like coloured bezels so probably won’t bother with one again. However I get that people like them and if you are into a bit of colour I don’t think there is anything bad about the BLRO colours, they are definitely not a fail, anyone who has had the watch on will attest to that surely - just not to my personal tastes.

A black bezel GMT on jubilee would be the ideal for me, whereas most dream of a coke.
justdate is offline   Reply With Quote