The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 28 November 2020, 04:40 AM   #61
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
11 weeks is pretty pathetic for a bracelet swap and servicing for warranty work. I always thought warranty work was supposed to jump the line. Sad since my 3 year old 5711 is running 15 s slow (so much for the patek seal) and I haven’t sent it in yet since I figure it’ll be gone for half a year.
My 5711 has been running nearly 10s fast near the end of the warranty period when I started wearing it as my daily rather than on special occasions only. Sent it in via the AD this summer and got it back in less than 6 weeks. Pretty much spot on now and certainly within specs. Of course it should have run within specs to begin with.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 04:43 AM   #62
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
This must be the third thread on rusting Nautilus watches from Patek. Really is a shame. No stainless steel is totally corrosion resistant, especially from salt water but this seems odd to me. I think the problem is in the pins which replaced the screws in 2014. Water gets in the links via the pins, stays there and rusts. Screws do not allow water inside the link.
As far as I remember from the other threads the affected links were the non-removable ones. I doubt those were modified when they moved from screws to pins on the removable links.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 05:10 AM   #63
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Yea I find the regulation for most watches a joke, AP, PP, JLC, etc. never had one run within spec and when I serviced them they ended up scratched up. 6 weeks I’d be ecstatic with. Prob going to let it get beat up a little more before sending it in.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 06:19 PM   #64
Argenek5270
Banned

Any update?
Argenek5270 is offline   Reply With Quote