The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 14 September 2010, 07:14 AM   #1
689maple

Watch: 116718 PP & B Bay
Icon5 Anyone dealt with Texas Watch and Gold?

I have a friend looking at a watch from Texas Watch and Gold. Has anyone had any dealings or know anything about them? I am pretty new here and if the topic has been covered I could not locate it in the search feature as I don't want to waste anyone's time. Feel free to PM me also. Many thanks Russ
689maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 09:41 AM   #2
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078 YG DD
Not sure about Texas Watch and Gold, but I can vouch for the Houston Gold Exchange.

They are not the cheapest in town , but very honest folks.

Got my wife's TT DJ from them a couple of years ago.

They have an event on October 9th your friend may be interested in.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=140450
Old 14 September 2010, 07:24 PM   #3
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Not sure about Texas Watch and Gold, but I can vouch for the Houston Gold Exchange.

They are not the cheapest in town , but very honest folks.

Got my wife's TT DJ from them a couple of years ago.

They have an event on October 9th your friend may be interested in.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=140450
Agreed. I've been to Houston Gold Exchange two months ago. They are a straightforward group, but not cheap at all.
as to Texas Watch and Gold, not sure.
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2010, 12:01 AM   #4
2005rivers

Watch: GMT Master IIc
I have been to Texas watch and gold, I have not bought anything from them. I was not overly impressed with them. looked at a couple pams and some dj's. The building they are in is kinda cool though, it is an entire office building with only jewlery/watches, they id you just to get in the building, crazy.

As for Houston Gold Exhange, Great to deal with, and awesome selection - I trust them
2005rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2010, 10:50 AM   #5
RLXSTR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub5513 / Choc1675
Thanks Guys I appreciate the kind words.

A little background: The Houston Gold Exchange has been in business for over 31 years. Brad Schweiss is the owner of the business. He was actually my district manager back in the early 80's with Corrigan's. (Now I give away my age). I've been working with the Houston Gold Exchange for almost 3 years now. For a little over a year, I've been at the store almost daily. I do handle the Rolex watches (buying & selling) as well as other high end watches...along with the marketing, several web sites, social media, events ... and being a graphic designer & professional photographer that comes in handy too.

One of the things you will find is we do not hide the year of any Rolex or serial number. Each one in the showcase has all the information on them. Every Rolex comes with a 3 year warranty that covers the movement of the watch.

I agree, we are not the cheapest but we are certainly not the most expensive. You have to understand, our watches are priced accordingly to the pre-owned retail market. I know you can pick up a Rolex cheaper through individuals but our competition is other stores. I do negotiate but do not give away the farm.

I've expanded the Rolex selection at Houston Gold Exchange 10 fold. We are now dealing in vintage as well as 'new' Rolex's that I refer to as unworn or presentation watches. Since we are not an AD, I do not use the word 'new', even though I do get them in the store. I watch the market closely and adjust pricing accordingly to reflect the ever changing watch market.

I will say this now, it has been a pleasure making friends here, learning from the hardcore fanatics here on TRF & will continue to learn, explore and hopefully help out a few with questions from time to time.

We look forward to all who can attend our Rides & Rolexs Event on October 9th from 10am to 2pm. You can find more information in the Meeting area of the site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ridesnrolexs3.jpg (126.9 KB, 109 views)
Old 15 September 2010, 11:31 AM   #6
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078 YG DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGoldExchange View Post
Thanks Guys I appreciate the kind words.

I agree, we are not the cheapest but we are certainly not the most expensive. You have to understand, our watches are priced accordingly to the pre-owned retail market. I know you can pick up a Rolex cheaper through individuals but our competition is other stores. I do negotiate but do not give away the farm.
You been to Harwin lately, Don??

I'll see y'all in the afternoon that day. Like I said.. Look for the hat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hardwood Rolex small.jpg (8.2 KB, 103 views)
Old 15 September 2010, 10:42 PM   #7
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Houston and Used Rolex

As many of you know I spend 2+ years in Houston...thats another story because of my wife..... and
I looked at many places for a used Rolex......I liked Hal Martin so much I bought a GMT Pepsi from him
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote