The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 4 September 2021, 01:39 AM   #121
330ci
"TRF" Member

This would be like me buying a car from Co-Part and complaining it didn't pass inspection. Utterly ridiculous, I hope ebay sides with you despite my experiences being contrary. Buyer seems like a loser.

Considering he is/was a member here, I don't feel this falls under the outside disputes rule, the community here does have a vested interest in the outcome as the purchaser seems to have a history of this type behavior across multiple forums.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 01:43 AM   #122
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster Perp View Post
As has been said 'buyers remorse' and a few sour grapes methinks. He was fully aware of the problems with this and his watchmaker apparently told him to go for it and he would even do the work on the case for free and test his new laser welder. !!. When did that little nugget of advice change from the 'ex Rolex trained' guy ?.
My guess is the watchmaker told him that he was going to be sunk financially on the project and to abandon ship.

As long as the OP gets his watch back with original parts he will do better selling it next time, he could probably list it here, as is, and sell it for more than the auction price without the fees. The watch was/is worth it. But all the OP has to due is pop off that $2k bezel and throw on a modern one and send it back and OP would be SOL. I had a jeweler buy a broken Rolex off me and claim it was too broke and it was 9 months of fighting with them ending up with a refund and me getting a watch back with a bunch of swapped parts back.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 02:08 AM   #123
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

He opened another case this morning stating that the items received were damaged/defective. Again, he knew this before, during and after the auction. Also left me 2 very nasty negative feedbacks in retaliation for outing him publicly here on the forum (have his private message to prove it). He's purposely trying to ruin my reputation as a seller for something or nothing I did wrong. This is so sad!
JoJo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 03:24 AM   #124
Oyster Perp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo78 View Post
He opened another case this morning stating that the items received were damaged/defective. Again, he knew this before, during and after the auction. Also left me 2 very nasty negative feedbacks in retaliation for outing him publicly here on the forum (have his private message to prove it). He's purposely trying to ruin my reputation as a seller for something or nothing I did wrong. This is so sad!
His history on another site shows him embroiled in multiple disputes from failed delivery to goods not as described. His Ebay feedback should be challenged as he used the same negative feedback for two purchases from you, thereby using the second one make a point against you for which he isnt complaining just using it as a vehicle.
Oyster Perp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 05:02 AM   #125
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
First - this went pretty much as I predicted. Both with the case and with the Ebay sale.

Second, this watch was recently listed in AUS in their markets - not Ebay. So the guy in AUS knew and tried to flip it
Old 4 September 2021, 05:24 AM   #126
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
Second, this watch was recently listed in AUS in their markets - not Ebay. So the guy in AUS knew and tried to flip it
Is there any way for you or someone else here who can please grab me a link or screenshot of the attempted AUS sale?

(the piece was sent to the buyer who lives in AUS)
Old 4 September 2021, 06:46 AM   #127
linesiders

Quote:
Is there any way for you or someone else here who can please grab me a link or screenshot of the attempted AUS sale?

(the piece was sent to the buyer who lives in AUS)

I do not - I might be able to get it

*** the pictures I saw turned out not to be from a listing - false alarm ***
Old 4 September 2021, 09:17 AM   #128
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Rather confused about who sold/bought what and who the good guy/bad guy (allegedly) is.

Can anybody provided a potted "who/what/why/when/where" synopsis of the situation so far?
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 09:24 AM   #129
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapokee View Post
Rather confused about who sold/bought what and who the good guy/bad guy (allegedly) is.

Can anybody provided a potted "who/what/why/when/where" synopsis of the situation so far?
OP sold it on eBay and listed its damage and how it needed to be restored. Buyer bought it with intention of restoring, took it to a watchmaker who refused to work on it stating that the case back could not be opened because of the dent in the case and case back so the buyer opened a return dispute with eBay stating that the watch was defective even though he knew the watches condition when he bought it.
Old 4 September 2021, 09:45 AM   #130
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
OP sold it on eBay and listed its damage and how it needed to be restored. Buyer bought it with intention of restoring, took it to a watchmaker who refused to work on it stating that the case back could not be opened because of the dent in the case and case back so the buyer opened a return dispute with eBay stating that the watch was defective even though he knew the watches condition when he bought it.
Thanks. The OP's original post says he was the buyer, rather than the seller, which I guess caused the confusion. So who's the buyer? (Asking for a slow friend ).
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 09:57 AM   #131
linesiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapokee View Post
Thanks. The OP's original post says he was the buyer, rather than the seller, which I guess caused the confusion. So who's the buyer? (Asking for a slow friend ).

Apparently a fellow in AUS purchased it and can't get it resolved. Now he is trying to return the watch. Same buyer is over on WUS trashing TRF.
Old 4 September 2021, 10:25 AM   #132
JustinK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1530,1665,1680
So in reading both threads I think it’s fair to name the buyers TRF member name.

He does not seem to be a fan of TRF based on the other forum thread.

JustinK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 10:44 AM   #133
offrdmania

A $2 Tudor (trash or treasure?)

The buyer has blocked access to his previous posts on WUS so you can’t read his previous threads where he bashed other sellers. One was over shipping issues.
Old 4 September 2021, 11:13 AM   #134
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinK View Post
So in reading both threads I think it’s fair to name the buyers TRF member name.

He does not seem to be a fan of TRF based on the other forum thread.

As mentioned in an earlier post, he has been banned here a few times but wouldn't be surprised if he has another account.

The prior handles being:

Daydatepiepan
Mansell92
Oysterquartz17000

If you follow the threads under those handles you will just see a spree of destruction including trashing and threatening members and hence the bans.

Unsurprisingly, if you follow his threads on WUS, you can see traces of similar behaviour. Here's one where he filed a claim with Paypal against a established seller there. Its not clear if he ended up keeping the watch after getting the money from paypal. I'm surprised the moderators over there haven't banned him either - boggles the mind really.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/b...#post-47844733
alwayshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 11:21 AM   #135
JustinK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1530,1665,1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshere View Post
As mentioned in an earlier post, he has been banned here a few times but wouldn't be surprised if he has another account.

The prior handles being:

Daydatepiepan
Mansell92
Oysterquartz17000

If you follow the threads under those handles you will just see a spree of destruction including trashing and threatening members and hence the bans.

Unsurprisingly, if you follow his threads on WUS, you can see traces of similar behaviour. Here's one where he filed a claim with Paypal against a established seller there. Its not clear if he ended up keeping the watch after getting the money from paypal. I'm surprised the moderators over there haven't banned him either - boggles the mind really.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/b...#post-47844733
Thanks! I thought he was an active member here as well.

JustinK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 12:22 PM   #136
offrdmania

This guy is always playing the victim when it seems he is the one constantly getting banned or hanging out the dirty laundry.
Old 4 September 2021, 05:13 PM   #137
lew07
"TRF" Member

Just for the record . “Luckily for Me the seller was an extremely honest person” demof1 watchyouseek forum
That says to me on receiving the watch He was quite happy at the time.He took advise prior to making the purchase .Watch was as described .He should jog on.He took a gamble and lost.Move on
lew07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 03:44 AM   #138
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

I'd just like to thank you all for your compassion and kind replies regarding this Scam Artist eBay buyer (f1models a.k.a. Dempsey Warren of Southey Road, Boronia, Australia).

F.Y.I./Update: eBay sided with this Scam Artist buyer and I must accept the return......and that's fine (not really, but it is, what it is). He's gotten what he wanted but still continues to be irate and belligerent. I've been nothing but professional throughout this process with him, but his berates continue currently.

This "playing the victim" is all a game for him but I see right through his scam.....therefore I ignore it/him.

So, if any of you on whatever selling platform(s) come across the above named Scam Artist, Beware.....Do not sell to him!
Old 21 September 2021, 03:22 PM   #139
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

The buyer in question (F1models on ebay and demof1 on watchuseek) just deleted all of the pics on this watch over at watchuseek now.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/5333183/

Just a con man at heart.

OP, keep us updated. Hope he returned the actual watch to you.
alwayshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 04:27 AM   #140
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshere View Post
The buyer in question (F1models on ebay and demof1 on watchuseek) just deleted all of the pics on this watch over at watchuseek now.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/5333183/

Just a con man at heart.

OP, keep us updated. Hope he returned the actual watch to you.

Agreed!

I finally received the watch back from this jerk and re-listed it. For what it's worth....... he did clean the watch up and it looks a bit better prior to the original sale. Unfortunately, there will be no international sales this go around, too much of a headache!
Old 1 October 2021, 10:13 AM   #141
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
Jojo, so what did the guy do with it ? He seems to have compressed the caseback into form. Was he ever able to open it up? My understanding is that it could not be opened up. Am I right ?
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 10:54 AM   #142
panchoskywalker
"TRF" Member

Let's hope the new owner will start a new topic on some forum to share the, hopefully, happy ending of this story.
panchoskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 11:54 AM   #143
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry in montreal View Post
Jojo, so what did the guy do with it ? He seems to have compressed the caseback into form. Was he ever able to open it up? My understanding is that it could not be opened up. Am I right ?
Yes, you are right, it cannot be opened from my understanding,.........according to him, he couldn't open it and I haven't attempted to open since having it back in-hand. Also, not sure what you mean by "compressed back into form".

In his attempts at restoration from what I can see, he cleaned the case, cleaned the dial, cleared the crystal and reattached the few lose lumes. That's why a mentioned, "for what it's worth" in my last post.
Old 1 October 2021, 12:07 PM   #144
panchoskywalker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
... Also, not sure what you mean by "compressed back into form".
He means that he thinks he pushed the caseback back inside.
Old 1 October 2021, 12:13 PM   #145
Kingsking
"TRF" Member

It would be a costly experiment but it would be cool to see somebody pick this up and somehow manage to get it open and working again. I'm reminded of that Tudor that got shot on the wrist of the Vietnam Vet. Super heating it up maybe? grazy glueing a lug to the back lol any other idea?
Old 1 October 2021, 12:21 PM   #146
panchoskywalker
"TRF" Member

To force the opening I would make a couple of holes on the outer surface of the caseback so it can be repaired but I think the main problem would repairing the thread after the opening.
Old 1 October 2021, 12:56 PM   #147
baumare
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675/8
Quote:
Yes, you are right, it cannot be opened from my understanding,.........according to him, he couldn't open it and I haven't attempted to open since having it back in-hand. Also, not sure what you mean by "compressed back into form".

In his attempts at restoration from what I can see, he cleaned the case, cleaned the dial, cleared the crystal and reattached the few lose lumes. That's why a mentioned, "for what it's worth" in my last post.
So let me see if I understood correctly, this guy couldn't open the case so he removed the bezel, removed the plexy, clean the dial, reattached the lumes, then put back the plexy cleaned everything and sent it back to you asking refund? OMG
baumare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 01:41 PM   #148
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchoskywalker View Post
Let's hope the new owner will start a new topic on some forum to share the, hopefully, happy ending of this story.
Yes, this is what I'm hoping for as well.
Old 1 October 2021, 01:42 PM   #149
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchoskywalker View Post
He means that he thinks he pushed the caseback back inside.
I'm not sure to be honest, looks nearly the same to my eye.
Old 1 October 2021, 01:47 PM   #150
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumare View Post
So let me see if I understood correctly, this guy couldn't open the case so he removed the bezel, removed the plexy, clean the dial, reattached the lumes, then put back the plexy cleaned everything and sent it back to you asking refund? OMG
Exactly, but NOT exactly...

He did all of the above, then sent the watch out to a watchmaker to have them open it, but to no avail. So, after 3 - 4 weeks of the watch being in his hands and finding out his watchmaker could not open it, decided to file a case with eBay stating the watch as being damaged/defective (which he knew this prior to purchasing) and wanted to return for a refund.