The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 8 August 2022, 10:38 PM   #61
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipćo View Post
Well Sir, thanks for your graceful pardon, hope you've understood that we were just trying to help you out.

Help YOU, not ourselves.

As said, Rolex and the Australian Police will have a way of cross checking the serial# on their data base.
My comment wasn't directed at you Filip. You have always been a gentleman.

We do have to remind ourselves sometimes that this is largely a forum filled with strangers with different agendas.
alwayshere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2022, 12:00 PM   #62
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

Whilst I won't dox the seller, I can see he has had extensive dealings with Police including past charges (and an appearance at the Penrith Local court number 4 tomorrow) - so if you have been defrauded, even if you're from overseas please reach out to me, happy to contact Penrith Police who may be able to help given the gentlemans previous form.

Does anyone know if a way exists to tell Ebay the watch has already been sold? That piece of information might save whoever bought via ebay a lot of money when the fight over the cash pops up.
Old 9 August 2022, 12:40 PM   #63
Filipćo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedwatcher View Post
Does anyone know if a way exists to tell Ebay the watch has already been sold? That piece of information might save whoever bought via ebay a lot of money when the fight over the cash pops up.
https://signin.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayIS...p2047675.l2566
Filipćo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2022, 11:19 AM   #64
jim.cannataro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Heuer 1163 V
Quote:
Case looks too good to be true.
What's so amazing about the case?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
jim.cannataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2022, 01:28 PM   #65
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.cannataro View Post
What's so amazing about the case?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
The crown guards look untouched - like they came from the factory.
Old 10 August 2022, 10:16 PM   #66
Styles Bitchley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshere View Post
I'm a little surprised by some of the comments but will let it pass. Just to clarify again, I didn't have possession of the watch till Sunday (yesterday) and only found out about it Friday night when I caught up with the friend who actually bought it (the same scratched bezel insert caught my eye). You have to understand, Australia is small - Sydney is even smaller so don't be too shocked if watches end up with members here on the forum. Its not always a ruse.

I will admit I was also messaging the seller but was torn on whether to pursue more seriously but took on board most of your advice to just stay away.

Good point from Kingsface66 thought - the origin of this watch is questionable. If anyone thinks this is stolen or have proof its stolen - reach out directly (I only have the watch, no bracelet though)

Any chance we can see some good photos to see what you actually ended up with? Cheers.
Styles Bitchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2022, 11:38 PM   #67
Filipćo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The crown guards look untouched - like they came from the factory.
Yes indeed, I should have been more specific. Sorry.
Old 13 August 2022, 11:39 AM   #68
Singhalager
Banned

Quote:
Whilst I won't dox the seller, I can see he has had extensive dealings with Police including past charges (and an appearance at the Penrith Local court number 4 tomorrow) - so if you have been defrauded, even if you're from overseas please reach out to me, happy to contact Penrith Police who may be able to help given the gentlemans previous form.

Seller still communicate with me he offer watch for 12,000SGD I tell him watch sold already as according to this forum he then agrees and tells me he has made 17k out of this watch beside the sale price on ebay and the sale price out of ebay he confirmed to me in writing he scam 17k out of people he also said watch was sold on 01/08/22 so to person who had serial back then how did you get the serial number and why didnt you tell people here the watch was sold? I am furious as I very closely sent a lot of money to this person and two others have been robbed

I have sceenshots of my conversation with seller but I cant post photos here????
Singhalager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2022, 11:57 AM   #69
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes indeed, I should have been more specific. Sorry.
I would love a good shot of the chamfers - If they match the guards then that case is almost new old stock.
Old 13 August 2022, 12:10 PM   #70
Filipćo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singhalager View Post

I have sceenshots of my conversation with seller but I cant post photos here????
You need 10 posts first
Old 13 August 2022, 12:16 PM   #71
MrChamfers
Banned

Watch: ing Warriors ball
Quote:
Seller still communicate with me he offer watch for 12,000SGD I tell him watch sold already as according to this forum he then agrees and tells me he has made 17k out of this watch beside the sale price on ebay and the sale price out of ebay he confirmed to me in writing he scam 17k out of people he also said watch was sold on 01/08/22 so to person who had serial back then how did you get the serial number and why didnt you tell people here the watch was sold? I am furious as I very closely sent a lot of money to this person and two others have been robbed

The seller is probably just messing with you about the 17k, but it does seem likely that the watch was stolen at some point.
This guy doesn't exactly sound like a criminal mastermind.
MrChamfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2022, 06:02 PM   #72
Singhalager
Banned

Quote:
You need 10 posts first
I see, well half way
Old 13 August 2022, 07:52 PM   #73
Singhalager
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChamfers View Post
The seller is probably just messing with you about the 17k, but it does seem likely that the watch was stolen at some point.
This guy doesn't exactly sound like a criminal mastermind.
Why would he 'mess' with me??? I have screenshots to follow shortly!
Old 13 August 2022, 08:04 PM   #74
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Hope you don't mind me saying (and this is not pointed at anyone in particular), but this whole post is very very odd!
For me this forum performs three functions:
A) A ' virtual room' to share our love of Rolex/Tudor
B) To procure/impart expertise offered by those with big knowledge f.o.c (many here could and can get 000's dollar doing it elsewhere) to ensure goods (watches/paperwork/nick-nackery/accessories) and services (servicing/restoration/dealers/p.sellers) are bona fide and legit.
C) Looking out for each other and flagging up any potential risks/scams/skulduggery/misselling/potential illegal activity etc.
I have to say that C) doesn't seem to have been doing much heavy lifting in this thread !!
Well, give me all you got but not love"
DIFFERENT FOR GIRLS - Joe Jackson
TuRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2022, 10:20 PM   #75
Singhalager
Banned

Yes agree this why I feel the emotions I almost send this man a lot of money and he confessed he scammed $17000 in total from two others. It is clear the person who created this thread had the serial early the day after it was sold (confirmed by seller) and he did not share this fact and two people have lost money and one more was left to no chase with ebay his money which may take weeks
Old 13 August 2022, 10:32 PM   #76
Filipćo
"TRF" Member

@pauldavidthorpe precisely.

And oh, thanks again ;-)
Old 13 August 2022, 10:53 PM   #77
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Why would he 'mess' with me??? I have screenshots to follow shortly!
I have PM'ed you.

Also, I think there were many "red flags" posted in this thread. I could have posted on Saturday after I found out it was sold on Friday night but life gets in the way sometimes. Whether I could have updated everyone on the 11th hour or not wouldn't have terminated the listing so in hindsight not sure whether the outcome would have been any different. Now if people are still blindly sending $$$ bank transfer without doing any due diligence on the recipient, i'm not sure how to comment.
Old 13 August 2022, 10:58 PM   #78
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavidthorpe View Post
C) Looking out for each other and flagging up any potential risks/scams/skulduggery/misselling/potential illegal activity etc.
I have to say that C) doesn't seem to have been doing much heavy lifting in this thread !!
I had a decent crack at warning people from the start:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...15&postcount=5
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...6&postcount=19
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=25
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...6&postcount=30
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...5&postcount=31

I do hate to keep this going - but I have been contacted by someone who is claiming that the original seller has sent him a picture of the buyers license, and is now saying he will go with bikies to recover the watch so he can sell it again....

I won't post a picture of the license, but it is Sydney based (suburb of Drummoyne) with a birth year of 1986... Obviously the original buyer isn't a member here, but maybe Alwayshere can let him know just in case the sellers threats aren't hollow.

Who needs the bold and the beautiful when you have vintage Rolex and Tudor.
Old 13 August 2022, 11:16 PM   #79
Singhalager
Banned

Quote:
I have PM'ed you.

Also, I think there were many "red flags" posted in this thread. I could have posted on Saturday after I found out it was sold on Friday night but life gets in the way sometimes. Whether I could have updated everyone on the 11th hour or not wouldn't have terminated the listing so in hindsight not sure whether the outcome would have been any different. Now if people are still blindly sending $$$ bank transfer without doing any due diligence on the recipient, i'm not sure how to comment.
I dont even know what do response you had serial number day after watch sold so either you buy from seller or your friend buy from seller either way you were communicating directly with the people involved in final sale. You knew it was sold five days before auction ends you kept posting here about auction and about bids the whole time it was sold adn you knew! Two people have lost a lot of money to say it is their fault is disgusting. These people would never have been scammed if you had informed us. The watch was sold, you knew it, it was still on ebay alarm bells time, still you do not warn anyone and you make comments here but do not say anything. This story about you being 'away' for the key few days between the sale of the watch and the auction ending also convenient!
Old 14 August 2022, 09:13 AM   #80
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had a decent crack at warning people from the start:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...15&postcount=5
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...6&postcount=19
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=25
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...6&postcount=30
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...5&postcount=31

I do hate to keep this going - but I have been contacted by someone who is claiming that the original seller has sent him a picture of the buyers license, and is now saying he will go with bikies to recover the watch so he can sell it again....

I won't post a picture of the license, but it is Sydney based (suburb of Drummoyne) with a birth year of 1986... Obviously the original buyer isn't a member here, but maybe Alwayshere can let him know just in case the sellers threats aren't hollow.

Who needs the bold and the beautiful when you have vintage Rolex and Tudor.
Thanks for the update but this is starting to not make sense anymore. All these back channel communications after the sale, seller providing their "intentions", etc. We're either moving into fairytale land now or someone is intentionally stirring trouble in the background.

I won't comment on the specifics as its clear there are some nefarious characters roaming the board but the friend is fine.
Old 14 August 2022, 10:04 AM   #81
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I dont even know what do response you had serial number day after watch sold so either you buy from seller or your friend buy from seller either way you were communicating directly with the people involved in final sale. You knew it was sold five days before auction ends you kept posting here about auction and about bids the whole time it was sold adn you knew! Two people have lost a lot of money to say it is their fault is disgusting. These people would never have been scammed if you had informed us. The watch was sold, you knew it, it was still on ebay alarm bells time, still you do not warn anyone and you make comments here but do not say anything. This story about you being 'away' for the key few days between the sale of the watch and the auction ending also convenient!
So let me get this straight:

1) you signed up a few days ago and you somehow know 2 people that have lost their money? how and from where? no one else here has mentioned anything.

2) i'm happy to share my ebay messages with an admin / moderator to show the seller confirmed the serial (though I must admit, I was probably leading the witness with my questions given his short / unhelpful replies).

Again, plenty of red flag warnings from other members here along the way but here you are pointing fingers? Which on the topic of convenience, there is one Australian member (well should be ex-member given he has been banned multiple times now) that loves to point fingers, cry victim, and causes problems on this forum. Dempsey? are you at it again?
Old 14 August 2022, 10:12 AM   #82
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks for the update but this is starting to not make sense anymore. All these back channel communications after the sale, seller providing their "intentions", etc. We're either moving into fairytale land now or someone is intentionally stirring trouble in the background.

I won't comment on the specifics as its clear there are some nefarious characters roaming the board but the friend is fine.
With respect - a scammer came very close to defrauding a number of people in this thread. This included him trying to have me get a third party to meet him in person with cash - I shudder to think what would have happened to my friend if I had of gone through with that! Luckily, I am only out $21 - a 1 dollar test transaction and 20 I sent him for more photos of the watch that he never sent.

As I stated earlier (and the invitation remains open for forum members to contact me), I have the personal details of the scammer. So it isn’t surprising that I have been contacted by another forum member. I think you’ve somewhat thrown the gauntlet down to them so I wouldn’t be surprised if they post the screenshots publicly at some point. I can confirm however that I have seen evidence that would support the seller bragging about his acts.

As for something nefarious going on - yes I agree, but I think the nefarious act hasn’t happened in the week after the finalisation of the eBay sale - rather it was in the week before.

Anyway, barring any crazy developments I’ll leave it here, I’d love to see some more pictures of your new watch!
Old 14 August 2022, 10:45 AM   #83
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
With respect - a scammer came very close to defrauding a number of people in this thread. This included him trying to have me get a third party to meet him in person with cash - I shudder to think what would have happened to my friend if I had of gone through with that! As I stated earlier (and the invitation remains open for forum members to contact me), I have the personal details of the scammer - so if anyone has been impacted they can contact me. So it isn’t surprising that I have been contacted by another forum member. I think you’ve somewhat thrown the gauntlet down to them so I wouldn’t be surprised if they post the screenshots publicly at some point. I can confirm however that I have seen evidence that would support the seller bragging about his acts.

As for something nefarious going on - yes I agree, but I think the nefarious act hasn’t happened in the week after the finalisation of the eBay sale - rather it was in the week before.

Anyway, barring any crazy developments I’ll leave it here, I’d love to see some more pictures of your new watch!
And with all respect to you and others here, a number of people posted red flags along the way, including yourself, so i'm not sure why we're playing the blame game. My friend also mentioned his dealings with the seller was straight forward (oddly enough). Combine that with my ebay messages with the seller being short / unhelpful now that i've re-read them, hard to really draw a conclusion. Hindsight is always 20/20.
Old 14 August 2022, 10:52 PM   #84
Singhalager
Banned

Quote:
With respect - a scammer came very close to defrauding a number of people in this thread. This included him trying to have me get a third party to meet him in person with cash - I shudder to think what would have happened to my friend if I had of gone through with that! Luckily, I am only out $21 - a 1 dollar test transaction and 20 I sent him for more photos of the watch that he never sent.

As I stated earlier (and the invitation remains open for forum members to contact me), I have the personal details of the scammer. So it isn’t surprising that I have been contacted by another forum member. I think you’ve somewhat thrown the gauntlet down to them so I wouldn’t be surprised if they post the screenshots publicly at some point. I can confirm however that I have seen evidence that would support the seller bragging about his acts.

Two people at the very least were scammed. Seller told me he gave no one serial number via ebay or any other way he gave no one serial. The only one to have it was the buyer. Screenshots to follow. So if you do have message history in ebay now time to show us guy!
Old 14 August 2022, 10:53 PM   #85
Singhalager
Banned

Why cant I do screenshot why?
Old 14 August 2022, 11:02 PM   #86
Singhalager
Banned

So screenshots (finally)

First is of seller say he never gave serial to anyone via ebay or any other way

Screenshot of seller also say he get paid twice from buyer on 1st and 3rd august you guy post here serial number on 2nd! But say you got it through seller from ebay or mobile or what seller say never give to anyone!

The worst screenshot of all (remove bad word) seller say he scam $17000 from three people! All this after 2nd so you had much time to warn people watch was sold, you knew someone had it admit!

You wanted some attention with restore thread here well massive backfire for you. Watch is stolen and you leave many people exposed to scammer just so you can do restoration thread here. How sad for you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wow2.JPG (45.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg wow3.JPG (15.0 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg wow4.JPG (23.4 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg wow5.JPG (24.9 KB, 97 views)
Old 15 August 2022, 01:42 AM   #87
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Wow. This is….awful.
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2022, 09:53 AM   #88
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

I've just asked two long time members on this forum (both posted in this thread) if they are happy to get involved in looking at my ebay screenshots. They'll be able to confirm. I'm not posted anything publicly given people can just misuse information and seeing how this thread is transpiring, wouldn't be surprised either.

In the meantime, seems like you, Singalager, have made a new friend since you seem to assume everything the seller says is gospel. But just taking a step back and thinking logically for a minute, lets work through your accusations. I tend to think we are all rationale people so humour me with the below:

1) What do I stand to gain from what you are accusing me of? you mention "attention and restoration story" and how does that differ depending on when I bought the watch. This one boggles me the most - i'm really keen to hear your reply on this.

2) You refer to 2 people getting scammed yet no one on this forum has mentioned anything so assume they aren't on this forum. So following your logic, if I was the original buyer and I updated this thread earlier, what difference would it make? the seller was clearing making side deals on ebay and facebook marketplace.

Once the 2 members review and revert, I suggest you redirect your attention on the seller as you seem to forget who the villain is here.
Old 15 August 2022, 10:55 AM   #89
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
So screenshots (finally)

First is of seller say he never gave serial to anyone via ebay or any other way

Screenshot of seller also say he get paid twice from buyer on 1st and 3rd august you guy post here serial number on 2nd! But say you got it through seller from ebay or mobile or what seller say never give to anyone!

The worst screenshot of all (remove bad word) seller say he scam $17000 from three people! All this after 2nd so you had much time to warn people watch was sold, you knew someone had it admit!

You wanted some attention with restore thread here well massive backfire for you. Watch is stolen and you leave many people exposed to scammer just so you can do restoration thread here. How sad for you!

I have seen a few different screenshots of threads of this Arjay guy, one thing for certain is that he is talking crap out of both sides of his mouth and lying every 3 steps . The ONLY safe way would have been thru Ebay as there would be some recourse.

I don't blame ABH for playing cards a little close to the chest, almost everyone was trying to scoop this watch. It really has a LOT of potential.

If anyone is DYING to have one of these very, very first SWISS only Snowflakes you might talk me out of mine. I bought it from the original owner 5 years years ago.
Old 15 August 2022, 09:29 PM   #90
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
I've now seen the screenshot from seller describing the serial, it's 62 - that's it. Followed with attitude.

Perhaps people are attaching too much angst here...