The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 December 2020, 06:06 AM   #31
EdmundGTP
Banned

Going into year 4 with my 312 and it still gets 75% plus of my wear time. Not letting it go anytime soon. If you can try one on first that'd be good. It's a big watch and doesn't agree with everyone's wrist size/shape.

As others suggested, finding one with recent service records, or as late of a serial letter you can find would be preferable. By now, anything earlier than an R serial would be coming due for maintenance in the next year or so.

Another option would be to find a 328, which is just a 312 with a bracelet. If you aren't a bracelet guy, you could likely flip the bracelet for a good $ and be into a 328 for less than a 312. Resale of the 328 minus bracelet might be a bit tough though, if that's a concern.
EdmundGTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 02:07 AM   #32
Rolexavidfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
312 is top heavy as others have said. Had the earliest series but sold it a year later in 2011 and never looked back. Whoa! That’s 10 years ago!

I prefer the modern movement Pam - mostly thinner case and longer power reserve of 3 days and more. Plus for the manual movement, buttery to wind.

Because of the 312 experience, my succeeding Pams were first the 42mm which easily slipped inside the cuffs of my long sleeves shirt, the 44mm Bettarini luminor case which is way lighter and less chunky that the 312 or any 1950 Luminor case for that matter. And a 47mm Radiomir case which is both lighter and less chunky as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for the timepiece you love. You will save more. ...
Rolexavidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 03:47 AM   #33
malik713
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 111
Educate me on the PAM312

I owned the 312 for a few years but flipped it for a 1312 due to the thinner profile. I didn’t care for the “dirty dial” of the 1312, but there was no getting around it at the time. The 312 has the best of everything, minus the size, I.e. crown guard, sandwich dial, 44mm size, strap changing system, exhibition back.

If you don’t mind the thickness of the 312, go for it. The look is very versatile with whatever strap you throw at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
malik713 is offline   Reply With Quote