The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 7 January 2021, 05:02 PM   #31
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
The brand is dead to me for a lot of reasons but they have consistently misrepresented facts as to the heritage and reemergence of the brand.
Don't care, love their new movements and Panerai has excellent customer service. Panerai is doing things with materials Rolex refuses to do. How easy it is to change bands on that Rolex compared to the PAM01033?

Think I'll add you to the blocked list.

Hey guys, how do you add someone to a blocked list on TRF so you never see their posts???
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2021, 01:23 AM   #32
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

What I see is Panerai is on fire right now within the enthusiast community. Most of us have been around the block for years and own everything already. Panerai is targeting this demographic. This is not a coincidence you are seeing more Panerai on enthusiast wrist lately.

Panerai is exciting on so many levels from new proprietary and superior watch building materials to outstanding in-house movements that perform above their competition. Their fit and finish is also top level.
Panerai is customer focused from the top down now and I believe recognized the industry shortcomings better by focusing on what makes them unique from all other brands. Every watch brand has their own personality and identity if they are truly significant. Panerai has this in spades and really doesn’t need any hype to know who they are and what kind of statement they make on a wrist. Panerai is the look you either love them and get what they are all about or hate them. They are not a middle of the line cornflake brand. IMO, This knowing what you like and being bold about it gives a little tell about the Panerai owner know who they are and what they like. Paneristi’s are very interesting enthusiast.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2021, 01:25 AM   #33
56Diver
"TRF" Member

Icon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post
For price retention no question go Rolex. Plus it has the advantage of a ceramic bezel which helps with scratches. Now if you really like the pam, which by the way is a very cool watch, just cut your loses from the beginning so there is no surprises.
This is why I have a a PAM1389, plus its not as thick/top heavy as the Roly's you mention and I like changing between rubber and nice leather straps depending on the occasion.
56Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2021, 05:21 AM   #34
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

Demagnetizing my Panerai 979 did not work so it is being shipped off to the service center and I am having to wear the sd43. I am really missing the Panerai! Counting the days to get it back. These things wear so well for the size. Carbotech is amazing.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2021, 01:24 PM   #35
demarcom
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai
never bought a Rolex because that's what non-watch people do.... I have a Tudor Bronze which I love and will not sell. i have a PAM 1312 and the new 1313 which I love both... wish I had more arms... buy what sings to you not what the value is in 2 yrs or 20. If you can afford either one your 2 to 4k up or down is meaningless.
demarcom is offline   Reply With Quote