The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 28 May 2018, 01:34 AM   #91
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Angelus, AP, Breit
It's the culture...the norms...the values of the people...that goes into the products they produce - this applies to any country in the world.

America used to be innovative and hard working, but I feel we have lost some of that with the new generations. It's all about making it easy... no one believes in hard work and effort anymore.

The Chinese culture does not believe in innovation.... they prefer the easy way out...copy what already exists and make it cheap as they don't expect it to last too long. They are smart in their own way.

Europe is still locked to a certain extent in tradition and the "way it should be". This approach does not seem to work well either as it stagnates and drags down innovation.

When life is not given the value it deserves, everything around it loses value as well.
A simple and visible example I have seen is how people move out of the way for an ambulance in America during rush hour traffic versus what happens in China or India. Same with the divide between the rich and the poor. Walk into a hospital and you can see different levels of treatment for the rich and the poor. Everyone is in a big hurry and could care less about their fellow human being.

And this "soulless" attitude goes into everything they make there as well.

I don't see anything wrong with it and simply acknowledge it and move on.
turbineboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2018, 06:05 AM   #92
lenfried29
Banned

Watch: tick-tock
there was a comparison to the cars. it passels me how one can compare European cars with Japanese ones. totally different. European of cores being a lot more superior. as for the watch - go in the water with Chinese watch and for a little while the case become rusted. never mind movement.
lenfried29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2018, 10:08 AM   #93
alphasports
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
The reason apple and other high end goods are able to produce in china is because they are following western manufacturing principles. A purely Chinese run brand will look to decrease prices straight away, sacrificing quality intentionally.

I guarantee any sane person who has owned or even familiarized themselves with a Rolex would not buy one of these and say "wow, now I don't need my Rolex anymore, this is a good substitute ". They are not substitutes at all, and I don't feel they could take one sale away from Rolex. In fact in my case it made me love the brand even more, because I fell in love for the submariner look, and wanted an original and more importantly a high quality version.

It would be my recommendation to avoid these low quality knock offs because they are intrinsically crappy, but also because they support a culture of stealing intellectual property.
This.
alphasports is offline   Reply With Quote