The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 September 2020, 03:51 AM   #1
GS93108
"TRF" Member

AP Golf

I've mentioned this before, I repeat myself often I know, but sometimes these things need repeating as they simply disappear into the oblivion of old threads and no longer catch anyone's eye.

Remember, AP are big time golf supporters with a very handsome lineup of players and each year AP host golf events in their various regions around the world, attended by at least one of these great golfers.

If you are a golfer and an AP customer, or soon to be an AP customer, then make sure you let your AP boutique or retailer know that you are into golf, you will at least then be on their radar for when it comes time for them to hand out their invitations.

From personal experience I can attest to these great events and to the great people and friendships that can arise therein.

Again, I repeat myself, but relationship building with AP is an important factor when purchasing and there is no better way to build a relationship with AP than to see the CEO of your region with his metaphorical hair down in a casual environment.

Lets hope that next year the event schedule is re-instated and we can golf with AP again. It's never too soon to start hoping.

Maybe see you at one of these events one day...(if there's any spaces left for me)
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 04:49 AM   #2
dauster
"TRF" Member

that's a good point, thanks for the advice. Do you know if only the corporate owned boutiques "can put you on the list" or if also the AD boutiques organize/ have access to these events?

lastly, do you have to be a VIP client/ aka big spender or does at least one or two watches suffice?

EDIT: westime in vegas told me it would only be an invite by AP headquarters/ corporate.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 05:27 AM   #3
GS93108
"TRF" Member

It's certainly not exclusive to AP owned boutiques, so make sure your AD knows how much you like golf. It's not VIP based or big spender based, it is 'customer' based and is AP somewhat giving a 'treat' to its clients.

Just as an FYI, I was invited to several US based golf days when I lived over there (I didn't attend any, I didn't know what they were and honestly couldn't be bothered - what an idiot I was) but both of my purchases were 'grey', but I then registered them for warranty. I had problem with one of them which meant I interacted with the lovely people in the service centre which presumably then triggered my invitations.

I think the only true criteria is that you are a customer, I could be wrong, but that's my perception.

I believe, again I maybe wrong, that AP is expanding its events to try to entertain more of us, or at least I think that was the plan for this year before everything went sideways.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 05:32 AM   #4
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
It's certainly not exclusive to AP owned boutiques, so make sure your AD knows how much you like golf. It's not VIP based or big spender based, it is 'customer' based and is AP somewhat giving a 'treat' to its clients.

Just as an FYI, I was invited to several US based golf days when I lived over there (I didn't attend any, I didn't know what they were and honestly couldn't be bothered - what an idiot I was) but both of my purchases were 'grey', but I then registered them for warranty. I had problem with one of them which meant I interacted with the lovely people in the service centre which presumably then triggered my invitations.

I think the only true criteria is that you are a customer, I could be wrong, but that's my perception.

I believe, again I maybe wrong, that AP is expanding its events to try to entertain more of us, or at least I think that was the plan for this year before everything went sideways.
interesting thanks - this would amazing for me as I am a huge golf fan and also love Ian Poulter our European Ryder Cup hero. But I can't do more than bring it up, I will also mention it to bal harbor boutique (corporate owned) when the time comes...
Old 24 September 2020, 05:48 AM   #5
Aplover5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I’m in the golf business and Rolex, Omega, and PP have invited me to their outings. The best was the Ladies Tour Championship at Tiburon in Naples, Fl last year, I played in the Pro-Am with Nana Madsen ❤️
Aplover5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 05:50 AM   #6
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplover5 View Post
I’m in the golf business and Rolex, Omega, and PP have invited me to their outings. The best was the Ladies Tour Championship at Tiburon in Naples, Fl last year, I played in the Pro-Am with Nana Madsen ❤️
nice sounds awesome! were you nervous in the Pro-Am or are you good enough that the nerves didn't get to you?
Old 24 September 2020, 07:37 AM   #7
Reign
"TRF" Member

AP Golf

There are different tiers of events from what I can tell that you’ll get invited to but in general, there is no minimum purchase for most of their events.

It all happens pretty organically and if you hit it off with your SA, they’ll follow up in no time. I was asked a couple years when I bought my first AP (ROC) what my interests were (art or golf) and I said golf - got a golf polo as my swag for that purchase. Unexpectedly, within a couple weeks, they invited me to their event in Dubai.

As I’ve stepped up my purchases the, the event mix has changed but to be honest, they’re all really fun. You’ll never see so many APs in one place and every one is an AP addict.

I know that depending on your interests, they’ll provide tickets for special concerts or art events (Art Basel) around the world so it’s not limited to golf.

They really know how to show clients a good time so their success in recent years is unsurprising given the diehard fan base they’ve built up around the world.
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 08:56 AM   #8
armidoro1
"TRF" Member

Yip I was meant to go and play at Gleneagles with AP in June! That has been cancelled but I'll hopefully be going next year!!

Sent from my Galaxy S20 ultra
armidoro1 is offline   Reply With Quote