The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 5 July 2019, 10:16 AM   #1
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Ginault thread closed, why?

Many would like to know why?
Old 5 July 2019, 10:22 AM   #2
wombat7669
Banned

Watch: breitling datora
I have no idea.
Old 5 July 2019, 10:25 AM   #3
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
I wont speak for why it was locked.

But, it dragged some reputable people through the mud. Just because someone’s name shows up in an open source, its not proof they did something wrong. Scammers use TS names all the time, but we don't post threads linking the TS to the scammers illegal activities. My $0.02.
Old 5 July 2019, 10:29 AM   #4
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
I wont speak for why it was locked.

But, it dragged some reputable people through the mud. Just because someone’s name shows up in an open source, its not proof they did something wrong. Scammers use TS names all the time, but we don't post threads linking the TS to the scammers illegal activities. My $0.02.
Solid explanations would be great, for why it was locked...
Old 5 July 2019, 10:31 AM   #5
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
We don’t always get an explanation. It’s a non issue.
Old 5 July 2019, 10:51 AM   #6
77T

A good review of the rules might yield some clues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 5 July 2019, 11:04 AM   #7
VonSlingshot
"TRF" Member

interesting that posting actual name and bank info is widely done and not blackholed when it comes to fraud/scams on here, but this thread ruffled someone’s underpants with authority?

It’s clear the OP was on a mission to expose a few bad ducks... as to why, nobody will ever know.
Old 5 July 2019, 12:11 PM   #8
SKMGN0
"TRF" Member

I was told my thread was "pulled by a TRF moderator for good reason". And that if I post it "a third time your posting privileges will be curtailed."

I guess I won't be doing that, anyway you can find me on Reddit's /r/watches subreddit and a google search of "Deepdweller" and "Lexic" would give you interesting results. My write-up was pulled from Wordpress but it has found a new home at Lexic.

I'll also be posting a development soon, I have been given TC's payment instructions from 2014 showing International Precision Inc in the bank details. Yes, that same International Precision.
Old 5 July 2019, 12:19 PM   #9
Jtragic
"TRF" Member

I’ll guess the reason why you keep getting taken down is because as much as you’ve connected dots, your missive is still just your missive. The “Court of Public Opinion” is not a real court, and until a real court decides, nothing you’ve provided can be considered settled fact.

You present being taken down as some great conspiracy - a cabal against you to protect a counterfeiter. The reality is you are posting legally unproven information on public spaces like WUS, Reddit, Wordpress, and they don’t want to get sued for allowing it. Plus you’ve doxxed some of the players, and in some states that’s an actual crime.

You get to hide behind a veil of anonymity, while the players in your story do not get to legally rebut your assertions, question your motives, or get judged by uninterested third parties-a jury of peers. You’ve denied them Due Process, and if your motives were truly pure, you should’ve sent the information to LE, then reported about it after it was settled.
Old 5 July 2019, 01:26 PM   #10
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtragic View Post
I’ll guess the reason why you keep getting taken down is because as much as you’ve connected dots, your missive is still just your missive. The “Court of Public Opinion” is not a real court, and until a real court decides, nothing you’ve provided can be considered settled fact.

You present being taken down as some great conspiracy - a cabal against you to protect a counterfeiter. The reality is you are posting legally unproven information on public spaces like WUS, Reddit, Wordpress, and they don’t want to get sued for allowing it. Plus you’ve doxxed some of the players, and in some states that’s an actual crime.

You get to hide behind a veil of anonymity, while the players in your story do not get to legally rebut your assertions, question your motives, or get judged by uninterested third parties-a jury of peers. You’ve denied them Due Process, and if your motives were truly pure, you should’ve sent the information to LE, then reported about it after it was settled.
I think people do not know what doxxing means. You have to have malicious intent. The poster only posted info he found publicly.
Old 5 July 2019, 01:31 PM   #11
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
You are not gonna get it. They do not do that here. They just act.
Old 5 July 2019, 02:45 PM   #12
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
I think people do not know what doxxing means. You have to have malicious intent. The poster only posted info he found publicly.
Completely agree. Everything posted was public information combined with great sleuthing. Kudos to the OP once again.
Old 5 July 2019, 03:15 PM   #13
SKMGN0
"TRF" Member

It has been updated with some new information. It seems that I'm not allowed to link to it but Google is an amazing search engine.
Old 5 July 2019, 04:08 PM   #14
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

The WUS admin has been in touch with TRF mods about this according to a post of his on the still visible but locked thread on here. He has got lawyers involved according to a post of his on WUS. 2+2.