The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 July 2019, 05:26 PM   #61
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbtousa View Post
Where have you been hiding with these sensible replies?!

Seems fine to me ; nobody is forcing anybody to be a Rolex customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 12 July 2019, 05:36 PM   #62
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
This is what Ferrari has been doing for as long as I can remember, and it makes great sense for a business to operate in this way with regard high demand products.

Seems like a reasonable deal to me. Buy both watches and the immediate financial hit you take on the GMT is offset by the immediate gain you get on the Daytona.

If you don’t want the GMT and you flip it immediately, then you are affectively buying the Daytona at a grey price, but from an AD with your name on the card, and you’re starting a relationship for the future.

I’d consider it, but if make it very clear that I want to be considered a good and valued customer when it comes to jewellery purchases for my wife (my AD gives me good discounts on jewellery) and on future watch purchases (on the list for high demand, and good discounts on easy to get stock)

I find it curious that people believe that customers can pick and choose who they buy from to get the best deal for themselves, but AD’s shouldn’t pick and choose who they sell to in order to get the best deal for themselves.

So, it seems that AD’s don’t care about buyers flipping the PM models they are forced to buy to pick up an SS unobtainable.

Buy the PM model and do what you want with it as long as we make our extra, extra $$$$$$’s

Well, that’s not much of a double standard, is it.

Rolex and their AD’s are now heading into a deep hole.

Old 12 July 2019, 05:51 PM   #63
minke19104
"TRF" Member

Doesnt it mean u get the GMT for half price?
Old 12 July 2019, 05:56 PM   #64
MinMay
Banned

Since you asked the answer is always yes
Old 12 July 2019, 05:57 PM   #65
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post

I find it curious that people believe that customers can pick and choose who they buy from to get the best deal for themselves, but AD’s shouldn’t pick and choose who they sell to in order to get the best deal for themselves.

The angry hordes will have their say on this.... have you been accused of being an AD yet?

Old 12 July 2019, 07:48 PM   #66
rtalk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710T
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
Get the offer in writing
Then send the offer to both Rolex USA and Geneva

I’m sure they will look after you and have a word or two with the AD

I would not bend to blackmail
woah there. this is the definition of blackmail : "the action, treated as a criminal offense, of demanding payment or another benefit from someone in return for not revealing compromising or damaging information about them."

what damaging or compromising information is the AD revealing here? let's not get carried away please.
116519 Grey dial Oysterflex Daytona. 116500 Black. 116710BLNR. 16710T. Rolex Explorer I 39MM. 4 digit DateJust. JLC Master Control with Sector Dial. Omega FOIS. Grand Seiko Four Seasons (Spring Version). Tudor Royal. IWC Cal 83 (~1940s). 41MM sub. Omega CK859.
Old 12 July 2019, 07:58 PM   #67
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Get the offer in writing

I am in this camp .

I am still waiting for any AD to suggest bundling or Package deals ...I will make life miserable for them .

Its blackmail in its purest form .

The "gracious AD" is just getting rid of the YG GMT that most likely has been in the shoppie for years ....
Old 12 July 2019, 08:03 PM   #68
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandog View Post
Hi guys,

My AD is offering me a Black Dial Daytona, but I have to purchase a yellow gold GMT Master II 116718LN at MSRP $33,000 as well. Do you think this is a good bundle deal?
IMHO most of these bundle type threads are more fantasy island than anything, if anyone think that spending a extra $33.000 to get any watch must be sixpence short of a shilling.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 12 July 2019, 08:33 PM   #69
Mike Jab
Banned

The AD offering you a bundle deal is 99% sure you will sell the daytona for a profit. If i were you I would honor his assumption, buy both, sell both at market price (making a substantial profit) and request other watches from your AD. Purchase again, sell and make some more profits etc, you understand the pattern.
Until you get to the watch you really want (i understand you want a ss daytona but i would take advantage of the current market since the AD expects you to through his behaviour)
Old 12 July 2019, 08:34 PM   #70
Mike Jab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
I am in this camp .

I am still waiting for any AD to suggest bundling or Package deals ...I will make life miserable for them .

Its blackmail in its purest form .

The "gracious AD" is just getting rid of the YG GMT that most likely has been in the shoppie for years ....
Its not really blackmailing since it is not a matter of life or death whether you purchase a luxury item.
Old 12 July 2019, 08:40 PM   #71
zengineer
"TRF" Member

I am a little surprised at all the outrage and insistence that people would never ever do such a crazy deal.

I'm surprised because people do it every single day in every part of the world. Maybe the bundle isn't put together the same day but it is still a matter of buying a bunch of stuff, maybe over time, maybe in the recent past, to be allowed to buy a hot model at list price.

I don't play in these circles and am only going by what I read here but I can't count how many times I've read about people "building a relationship with an AD" and going on to say they spent $80,000 last year on jewelry and Breitling's (or whatever). The AD isn't offering this style bundle because nobody ever agrees to them...they are offering it because it has worked in the past.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12 July 2019, 08:43 PM   #72
crew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jab View Post
The AD offering you a bundle deal is 99% sure you will sell the daytona for a profit. If i were you I would honor his assumption, buy both, sell both at market price (making a substantial profit) and request other watches from your AD. Purchase again, sell and make some more profits etc, you understand the pattern.
Until you get to the watch you really want (i understand you want a ss daytona but i would take advantage of the current market since the AD expects you to through his behaviour)
Don’t do this.
Old 12 July 2019, 10:47 PM   #73
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
This also shows you that when you get a call that a Daytona is on the table you need to take immediate action - no logistics no waiting etc. I'm sure at some point the OP indicated interest to the AD in the PM piece.
Old 12 July 2019, 11:46 PM   #74
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
The angry hordes will have their say on this.... have you been accused of being an AD yet?

Ha ha, not yet!

I always wonder how many of the angry hordes bought from greys when it was cheaper, and now get upset at not having a relationship with an AD.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 12 July 2019, 11:46 PM   #75
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtalk View Post
woah there. this is the definition of blackmail : "the action, treated as a criminal offense, of demanding payment or another benefit from someone in return for not revealing compromising or damaging information about them."

what damaging or compromising information is the AD revealing here? let's not get carried away please.

Old 12 July 2019, 11:58 PM   #76
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Hi guys,

My AD is offering me a Black Dial Daytona, but I have to purchase a yellow gold GMT Master II 116718LN at MSRP $33,000 as well. Do you think this is a good bundle deal?
It’s good ONLY if you actually want those two, and are ready to spend the cash today.
Old 13 July 2019, 12:23 AM   #77
brandog
Banned

I’m over it.

Life goes on and the search continues.
Old 13 July 2019, 12:32 AM   #78
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Hi guys,

Here's what I'd do.

Contact all the trusted sellers on here and get them to bid you a confirmed price for the 116718LN

Subtract that from the MSRP and you'll know exactly what the maximum hit you'll take on the GMT Master if you sell it. You could get more privately but that carries more risk.

If that hit is more than the difference between "grey" market price and MSRP for the Daytona then its a bad deal. If that hit is less than the difference between grey price and MRSP for the Daytona then the AD's bundle deal is better than buying the Daytona from a secondary reseller.

But is still not a "good deal" a good deal would be the Daytona at MSRP and a big discount on on the GMT Master.

Only you can place a monetary value on having the card with your name on it, and buying the watches from an AD.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Old 13 July 2019, 12:45 AM   #79
maxymax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m over it.

Life goes on and the search continues.
This - It's just a watch. Eventually one will be yours if you are destined for one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jab View Post
Isn't this exactly why we are in this mess?
Old 13 July 2019, 01:02 AM   #80
iheartrolexx
Banned

big no no
Old 13 July 2019, 02:18 AM   #81
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

If I wanted both watches then the saving on the Daytona compared to grey market price would not be enough to offset the lack of discount on the PM watch - for me. I'd still want some discount on the PM. If I didn't want both watches, I wouldn't give such a proposition a moment's thought.
Old 13 July 2019, 02:23 AM   #82
HauteHorlogerie
Banned

Watch: 519LN | 64A
This shit is a joke, wtf. Honestly AD's have no ethics anymore. Unless you want both lol.
Old 13 July 2019, 02:29 AM   #83
kingSubTT
"TRF" Member

Watch: SmurfDaytonaBLNR
I would if they offer white gold GMT BLRO.
Old 13 July 2019, 02:41 AM   #84
Jimbogigolo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona W&B
this is a hostage situation. Pass!
Old 13 July 2019, 02:46 AM   #85
Avi8tor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Get the offer in writing

This ^
Old 13 July 2019, 03:07 AM   #86
BSG75
"TRF" Member

Watch: GS SPGN029
Unless you really want both watches, it seems a bit crazy to spend an extra $33K to get a $13K watch. I wouldn't want to buy something I don't want, especially at that price.
Old 13 July 2019, 03:09 AM   #87
Avi8tor
"TRF" Member

That's like going to the Harley dealer and wanting to buy a Wide Glide but they tell you that you have to buy a Screamin Eagle Ultra-Classic in order to be offered the WG.

My Harley brothers / sisters will know exactly what I mean.
Old 13 July 2019, 05:23 AM   #88
brandog
Banned

I have the whole convo with the salesmen in texts which outlined the entire transaction and bs I had to deal with. Do you think if I sent it to Rolex corporate they would procure the said Daytona and maybe bring more balance to this Wild West?
Old 13 July 2019, 05:31 AM   #89
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Sorry but bundle deals are for suckers. Don’t play the game and the players will eventually change the rules
Old 13 July 2019, 05:33 AM   #90
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
IMHO most of these bundle type threads are more fantasy island than anything, if anyone think that spending a extra $33.000 to get any watch must be sixpence short of a shilling.
Closed Thread