The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 October 2020, 07:42 AM   #31
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sco View Post
Thanks, this watch has been through a decent amount of wear and still really looks great and keeps "perfect" time. The bracelet can be a lot at first since it is fully polished, but you get used to it quickly.

I looked at my deployant clasp on the croc. All I could tell is that the strap is a 20mm and the clasp is 18mm. I didn't notice any model numbers.

The Ocean racer rubber is another great option to switch to in the Summer. That deployant has an awesome ratcheting mechanism built in almost like a glidelock.
That's one of the reasons I ended up getting this before the B01. My experience with ETA / Valjoux based movements is they're bulletproof. I'm really liking the bracelet as it is since it's so different to anything else in my collection.

Thanks for the info! By any chance would you be able to post an image of your deployant clasp? It can also be an image found on Google so I know what to look for.

Breitling quality is top notch, so I don't doubt that. Sizing this bracelet proved this to me early on. It's a shame this watch is discontinued but that makes me even happier to own one.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 09:32 AM   #32
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Wow, that's a stunning piece, Justin! Yeah, you've got the better Chronomat bezel in my opinion. Brushed finish and sans the cartoonish font. I still love both but will strongly consider this suggestion.

My only issue with Breitling right now is the fact their website seemingly makes it SO hard to browse all models. That is, in comparison to Omega and others. I'll have another look for this as I might've passes over it before. What's the reference number for that piece?
The Airborne is now discontinued so you won’t find it on Breitling’s website. I’ve had mine for about 4 years now. There are some good deals to be had on these preowned.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 11:09 AM   #33
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for that additional o do, Justin! I'm certainly shopping preowned only with these. I'll keep an eye out for those when I search a bit later tonight.

Once the watch is in excellent shape I don't even want or need the box and stuff like the e-Warranty card anyway. I'm waiting to hear back from Breitling on what the battery life is for that thing. If the screen gets pressed too hard it leaves a permanent mark. I've got one here is brought a whole back as a collectible.
Old 22 October 2020, 12:32 AM   #34
mhunt1014
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
After many years of being into other brands I finally got the Breitling piece I've always wanted!

Chrono SuperOcean A13340

I was stunned at how nice the Chrono SuperOcean was. Despite wanting one since about 2010 (overshadowed by other brands until now) it was my first time seeing one in person yesterday.

Now I need to figure out what I'll buy next!
Nice Collection!
mhunt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 07:59 AM   #35
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks! I try have a bit of everything in there. The process of finalizing a decision on my next large purchase is part of the fun as well. It really helps motivate me when work gets stressful.

Despite also wanting a Planet Ocean Chronograph I'm just blown away by the looks and versatility of Breitling. Couldn't be happier with this watch after 1 week of ownership.
Old 23 October 2020, 02:28 AM   #36
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
Here are a couple of shots of the deployant. Good Luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9469 resize.jpg (124.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9470 resize.jpg (149.0 KB, 22 views)
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 06:36 AM   #37
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Awesome, Thanks! This is very helpful and the search now begins