The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 27 October 2020, 06:45 AM   #31
GeraldGentaFan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay821 View Post
It's different for the US vs Europe. Don't beleive we deal with Rhone. There are no checks and balances like this for the US that I know of.
It is also different in the rest of Europe. In general I don’t think PP cares that clients buy multiple identical watches, as long as they don’t flip them. If you have the purchase history with various ADs, you can get the same watches from these ADs. Patek delegates that decision to the ADs. Even application pieces. CoO in my name, and from ADs in the same country. I was surprised too. After ordering a second identical application piece, I expected to get a call saying that I already had that watch, but instead I got the call I could pick it up...
GeraldGentaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 08:09 AM   #32
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

nowadays given the value of any of these, pretty sure nearly anyone would take two of anything they could get their hands on haha.
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2020, 12:31 AM   #33
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

Nope, wear and enjoy.
Old 1 November 2020, 02:47 AM   #34
aj_tucker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
I'm pretty OCD, so I will admit to either A) using a different color dial as the backup, e.g. white/black daytona, or B) if the watch is uber expensive, I'll have 'backup' bracelets that really just stay in the safe to scratch the mental itch knowing the condition is perfect and continue to wear the watch with abandon without ever really using that backup bracelet.
I like the idea of a backup bracelet. I hate scratched PCLs more than anything. Almost ruins the Daytona for me. Almost...
aj_tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2020, 07:52 AM   #35
azizu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3700/11AJ
absolutly not
such a waste of capital to park a watch and not wearit. alternativly wear the watch everyday but just always think you are holding an egg in the hand with the watch. that will make you a little more careful