The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 January 2008, 01:32 AM   #61
DoxaDavid
"TRF" Member

Wow, I thought the original post was asking about Audemars vs. Rolex not Rolex vs. Omega?

I think there have been several perfectly stated posts comparing AOO to a Role'. With me, it comes down to "what moves me" when I wear a watch. I know it is a subjective thing but I buy my watches based on when I put them on, how do they make me feel the first time. With my Rolex Sub, I loved it the minute I tried it on and still do to this day. I will always have one. It would be the last watch I own if I was forced to sell all the rest.
I bought my first one not knowing diddly about quality, name recognition or anything else. I liked the way it looked, felt etc.

I have several Omega's and they are excellent watches. I'll save the comparisons for another post since they have been covered here already.

As to the AOO, I had an opportunity last year to purchase one from a watch dealer friend of mine. It was the chrono with the rubber pushers. I could have purchased it for 1/2 off which was a steal. I went to see him with the intention of purchasing it but when I tried it on, I was thinking."It's ok" but wasn't wowed as they say. Not knocking the watch it just didn't do it for me regardless how good a deal. I guess what I am saying is it doesn't matter how nice a watch is built, quality, exclusivity or anything else if it doesn't call out and hit that intangible feeling that says "BUY ME", it isn't the right watch.

If you try on a AOO and it does, it's the right one. If not, look for another..It's that simple for me.

Good luck.
David

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. " Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865
DoxaDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2008, 02:06 PM   #62
MIKWANA

Hello,one and all
want to know your thought's regarding Frank Muller watches.
MIKWANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2008, 02:08 PM   #63
Jedi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Mikwana, I suggest that you start a new thread regarding Franck Muller as this thread is about Audemars Piguet.

This is my watch. There are many like it but this one is mine...

Flickr
Blog
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2008, 04:36 AM   #64
MAC4130
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
AP vs Rolex?!?!?!? well very different watches IMHO! atough I respect AP and their lineage I have trouble likeing them! The one that catchs my atention best is the Royal Oaks Offshore, but still have trouble with the price tag (over 18k), I would go for a Rolex between them because I like Rolex Sports models a lot more just based on their looks, now if you mix in maintenance cost and reilability I think Rolex wins again!
On the other hand if I was to spend 18k or more I would probably consider a VC or a Patek, but only after owning a Rolex, since I would have a VC or a PP just for special ocasions! but hey that's just me!
Rolex Daytona 116500LN Black, Rolex Daytona 116500LN White, Rolex TT GMTIIC, Panerai 88, Cartier Santos TT Auto, Omega Seamaster GMT Bond Co-axial, Omega Constellation SS Auto, Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono Tachy Auto
MAC4130 is offline   Reply With Quote