The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 15 March 2019, 05:55 AM   #1
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Trade Vacheron Overseas Blue Dial for H Moser Endeavor Blue Dial?

Hi,

I got the Overseas recently but another watch that I really like became available with another AD. I am being offered a no-cash involved straight swap/trade with a new H Moser Endeavor Blue funky Dial. Will you do the trade? I understand that H Moser does poorly in preowned market but they are a highly regarded independent with an upward trajectory.

The H Moser is almost the same in retail value to the overseas. I would really appreciate the pros and cons of the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 06:10 AM   #2
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

The H. Moser funky blue would be my choice. Coincidentally, that's the exact watch im looking to pull the trigger on soon. The amazing dial aside, the case is beautifully sculpted and the movement is very nicely executed. Like you said as well, the company is definitely gaining steam and is in an upward trajectory.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 06:19 AM   #3
stratlanta
"TRF" Member

The blue Vacheron has been kind of a grail for me but having said that.... that blue H. Moser is fantastic. Tough choice but I’d be tempted for sure.
stratlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 06:24 AM   #4
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

It depends on which of the 2 you like more. Personally, I'm a big fan of Moser and hope to get one some day. Between those 2 watches, I prefer the Moser.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 07:40 AM   #5
GeraldGentaFan
"TRF" Member

Moser is definitely more of a dress watch, so also depends on what other watches you have. Moser definitely looks very nice, no date which I prefer, and probably slimmer than the VC.

Both beautiful, but Moser would have my vote.
GeraldGentaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 07:40 AM   #6
ChrisInCharlotte
"TRF" Member

What's retail on this moser? Love the look
ChrisInCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 07:46 AM   #7
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisInCharlotte View Post
What's retail on this moser? Love the look
$19,900 for this model. You can typically get 25% off retail without much fuss from ADs.

Old 15 March 2019, 08:30 AM   #8
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
$19,900 for this model. You can typically get 25% off retail without much fuss from ADs.
Yes, VC Overseas is $19,700, with a 15-20% discount for US ADs. So similar on retail price. However, Moser will probably lose more in preowned market.
Old 15 March 2019, 09:50 AM   #9
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
I think that the Moser wins this one. I like the look and the ability to change the look based on straps, I don’t think the VC affords that ability as easily.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 10:48 AM   #10
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
...However, Moser will probably lose more in preowned market.
Normally, I’d say yes. However, I’ve been following Moser preowned for a while now, and the colored fume dials seem to fair better. This exact watch popped up used on Watchbox a couple months ago and sold for around $14k. Granted, that’s only one example, but this dial doesn’t typically pop up on the used market very often, which is a good thing for value retention.

Old 15 March 2019, 12:37 PM   #11
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

H moz
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 12:45 PM   #12
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

The Moser is gorgeous but a bit less versatile IMO
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 01:05 PM   #13
TJMike
Banned

Would not do the trade. The Moser is nice, but not as good as the Overseas. Also personally, I find Moser watches to look better in photos than in the metal.

TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 01:24 PM   #14
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
I would keep the Vacheron

Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 01:48 PM   #15
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
i love both watches. Am a huge moser fan too and really want that VC! I think that there is no wrong choice. I've literally stopped wearing all the other watches in my collection and the Pioneer Centre Seconds has become my daily driver. there are just so many details to it....what did realize with moser, if you want it, get it, production is very very low and the next time around you may not find the same combo. there are currently only 99 new watches available on chrono24 versus 199 126710 BLROs!!!
I've met Eduoard (CEO) and he's a gem of a guy and the service is absolutely amazing. I also like that the watches are just refreshing.....compared to the constant AP, Rolex, PP......but that's what I like about VC as well. I hope you get the Moser, but there are no wrong choices! Maybe......add the Pioneer instead and then you can keep the VC too!
Old 15 March 2019, 01:52 PM   #16
KBM

That Moser is a beauty, no doubt. The offer seems fair, as VC is no darling in the second hand market either.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 04:48 PM   #17
rolehex

My head has exploded because I love them both and would not be able to decide. This is a coin flip for me, sorry no help.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 04:54 PM   #18
Hank
"TRF" Member

I’d stick with the VCO. It’s more versatile with the easy strap change system and has the date function which I find useful.

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 10:22 PM   #19
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

No, not a chance. This is a perfect example of boredom being the enemy of the collector. You will end up with one watch that's worth less than the one that you traded.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 10:58 PM   #20
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
No, not a chance. This is a perfect example of boredom being the enemy of the collector. You will end up with one watch that's worth less than the one that you traded.
That's right. OP, if you reference your Watch Collector Manifesto, in accordance with rule #5 of subsection 2-A, section III:

"A collector must never trade a watch in their possession for one of lesser value, this is inclusive of trades of any and all kinds to individuals and/or business establishments. Furthermore to the point, if a collector were to liquidate a watch in their possession, the funds will be held in escrow for a duration of no less than one year, but as long as five years, to ensure the collector in question cannot utilize those funds to purchase a watch of lesser value. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in belittling comments from people you do not know on a forum that is made for fun. For reference on what constitutes 'value', refer to subsection 3-B of section IV."

Old 15 March 2019, 11:05 PM   #21
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

I prefer the moser. I had a funky blue Perpetual calendar, but found it a tad too big. The non Perpetual, I think, would wear better
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 01:26 AM   #22
ChrisInCharlotte
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Love thee dials from pictures but haven't gotten a chance to handle the line in person yet. Working on setting a meeting up with them to potentially bring the line in, I'm pretty excited about it.
ChrisInCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 03:01 AM   #23
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I’d stick with the VCO. It’s more versatile with the easy strap change system and has the date function which I find useful.

I agree, the strap change is very nice
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 03:42 AM   #24
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That's right. OP, if you reference your Watch Collector Manifesto, in accordance with rule #5 of subsection 2-A, section III:

"A collector must never trade a watch in their possession for one of lesser value, this is inclusive of trades of any and all kinds to individuals and/or business establishments. Furthermore to the point, if a collector were to liquidate a watch in their possession, the funds will be held in escrow for a duration of no less than one year, but as long as five years, to ensure the collector in question cannot utilize those funds to purchase a watch of lesser value. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in belittling comments from people you do not know on a forum that is made for fun. For reference on what constitutes 'value', refer to subsection 3-B of section IV."
Exactly, and thank you for pointing out that section in the Collector Manifesto, I didn't have mine handy.
Also for pointing out why you should never ask for advice on an online forum: people might actually tell you what they think.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 03:50 AM   #25
toneafficianado

I'd stay with the VC simply based on the shade of blue on the dial..love it!
toneafficianado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 04:29 AM   #26
Jp28
"TRF" Member

Moser for me. Dial, finishing, brand with energy
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 06:02 AM   #27
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Thank you all for your suggestions. Based on what I plan to buy in the future, I decided to get the Moser. I wanted at least one H Moser in my collection along with at least 1 Journe and this blue Endeavor seems to tick all the boxes in terms of size, dial, and value for money.
Old 16 March 2019, 10:04 AM   #28
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneafficianado View Post
I'd stay with the VC simply based on the shade of blue on the dial..love it!
Same here, the other dials I would consider far more.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 11:46 AM   #29
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Keep or buy whichever one you like the most. The VC will, however, hold its value better.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 01:45 PM   #30
wesdaniel

Watch: Varies
Depends on what else is in your collection.

All else aside, I would rather have the Vacheron Constantin than the Moser. But, that's just me.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote