The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 September 2020, 12:26 PM   #31
IsaakZ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David001 View Post
I know people that have bought a dozen or more at a time as gifts.
My friend owns a Rolex that he was given in a party bag at the end of a dinner party, all the other guests got one as well.

It's not unusual for high net worth individuals to have every version of every hot Rolex on their wish list, then they'll go next door and do the same at AP, etc.
And they get them.

The only people I know that actually check up on flipped watches is AP and that's because I know an AD personally who received the call from AP HO and then made the call to the person to ask why they flipped it. Rolex might do it too, but I only heard that through gossip, not first hand by anyone making the call.

There are people on wish lists at multiple ADs across multiple countries, some in places where money passes freely under the table as well as over the table. They get lots of watches and flip them, they do it for a living. Rolex has never cared before, so I doubt they care about three rootbeers.
Thank you! Agreed aswell. There’s not enough time in the world to track the amount of people flipping or trading watches daily.

If I want to buy 100 of the same watch if available I’m sure I could do that. Now I know that’s impossible, but the point is resources from such a company would not be exhausted. MAYBE the AD would decide to not deal with you if they somehow found out but I doubt it would be a call from the Rolex “FLIP PREVENTION” department.
116610LV GONE WILL BE MISSED
IsaakZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2020, 01:35 PM   #32
David001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaakZ View Post
Thank you! Agreed aswell. There’s not enough time in the world to track the amount of people flipping or trading watches daily.

If I want to buy 100 of the same watch if available I’m sure I could do that. Now I know that’s impossible, but the point is resources from such a company would not be exhausted. MAYBE the AD would decide to not deal with you if they somehow found out but I doubt it would be a call from the Rolex “FLIP PREVENTION” department.
Some people don't even deal directly with an AD, they have a chap that takes care of such things, he'll go in (or summon the AD to them) and explain that their client wants a dozen of a certain model, or whatever, and he'd like them by next Tuesday please.
David001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2020, 01:44 PM   #33
IsaakZ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David001 View Post
Some people don't even deal directly with an AD, they have a chap that takes care of such things, he'll go in (or summon the AD to them) and explain that their client wants a dozen of a certain model, or whatever, and he'd like them by next Tuesday please.
Money talks, bullsh- walks
Old 29 September 2020, 03:58 PM   #34
bleighs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711 CHNR
Not mad at all that you bought 3. Congrats. A pic would be nice.
bleighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 01:33 AM   #35
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
When a transaction is done and in your case ,multiple transactions on the same reference ,the warrantee card is swiped on a card reader .Your name is centrally registered against the watches .
Whether ,your name,no name or XXXXX is written on the card ,is irrelevant.
This is wrong. When the card is swiped through the iPad reader or with the new iPhone NFC, a name is not entered at all. All it does it reply with a checkmark saying that the card is activated. There is no central database of who bought what from what AD.

Now that I'm told is that Rolex may do an audit of ADs and ask them to present their invoices. If they told 10 of the same reference to the same individual, that might raise a red flag.

But otherwise, it's totally permissible to buy more than one of a single reference. I helped out someone who was giving their entire corporate team Air Kings, and after showing some corporate documentation, and the AD having sent in some details about what the request was for, the order was fulfilled.

Now for the OP - your thread might rub some here the wrong way as it may come off as rubbing it in people's faces, but it's totally your right to buy multiples of the same reference.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 02:36 AM   #36
IsaakZ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
This is wrong. When the card is swiped through the iPad reader or with the new iPhone NFC, a name is not entered at all. All it does it reply with a checkmark saying that the card is activated. There is no central database of who bought what from what AD.

Now that I'm told is that Rolex may do an audit of ADs and ask them to present their invoices. If they told 10 of the same reference to the same individual, that might raise a red flag.

But otherwise, it's totally permissible to buy more than one of a single reference. I helped out someone who was giving their entire corporate team Air Kings, and after showing some corporate documentation, and the AD having sent in some details about what the request was for, the order was fulfilled.

Now for the OP - your thread might rub some here the wrong way as it may come off as rubbing it in people's faces, but it's totally your right to buy multiples of the same reference.

Thank you very much for the insight! It definitely was not meant to be taken in that sense. I was more sharing my story for those who have been in my shoes waiting for years and than all of a sudden there is a dim of light at the end of the tunnel - plus a bonus!

As I mentioned all 3 watches are in good use by people who appreciate them. I got one, my father got one and a very close friend of mine was able to get one aswell all for retail! This should make people happy!
Old 30 September 2020, 03:59 AM   #37
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaakZ View Post
As I mentioned all 3 watches are in good use by people who appreciate them. I got one, my father got one and a very close friend of mine was able to get one aswell all for retail! This should make people happy!
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 04:11 AM   #38
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I wouldn’t worry about being blacklisted. I am sure the powers that be at Rolex have better things to do than check sales receipts for duplicate names. I have three sons. If I wanted to buy them all a new SubC, I wouldn’t be worried about the paper trail....
You are probably right. Problems in buying come from ADs who decide not to sell to someone for whatever reason. Rolex only gets involved when they see their watches show up for sale with all the stickers on as "unworn." Sticker removal is now their policy and they enforce as best they can with the ADs.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 04:18 AM   #39
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:

In that case the central database just acts as an control system for Rolex to monitor stock in the shop .re they sitting on Daytonas or moving them .Problem is if they sit on one ,the next allocation wont arrive ...

So reporting a watch stolen red flags the watch as being stolen but the owner is watch less and nameless ..
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 04:21 AM   #40
Oceanlover914
"TRF" Member

Watch: None at the moment
I would say, "Why would Rolex care"? They are in the business of selling watches. I buy one for me, one for my dad and one I give to my son or to a friend as a gift. I seriously doubt Rolex black lists anyone or would even take the time to do anything about this. If anything the AD might rethink future purchases.
Old 24 June 2021, 11:46 AM   #41
hoyas490
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Not trying to be weird - but tried to PM you about a for sale listing you have up and your inbox was full but found this thread where I could reply to you. If you have interest, PM me and I'm happy to reply with my original message / send it if your inbox clears up
hoyas490 is offline   Reply With Quote