The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 14 September 2020, 03:18 AM   #1
SusieB30
"TRF" Member

Year-old Rolex keeps stopping

I bought a new Rolex in August 2019, since when it’s been either worn or kept in a watch winder. Last time I had it out to wear was in July 2020, when it worked fine. Went to get it out of the winder today, and it wasn’t running. Wound it up, it went for about 30 minutes and stopped again. Same thing has happened about 10 times since, it never goes for longer than about an hour, and usually for a lot less. I’ve had a good few Rolex watches and have never had this problem before. Another watch kept under similar conditions is going fine, and even the ones that I keep in a safe and don’t wear often always wake up quite happily.

Obviously I’ve contacted the very exclusive watch shop who sold me the watch, but I’m not keen on having to pay for service and repair on what’s basically a brand new watch, so I hope they’ll agree to sort it out for free. Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what the problem might be.
SusieB30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2020, 10:01 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
A Rolex, new in 2019, would still have a few years on the warranty.

If 40 winds only gets you an hour, the mainspring has come loose, or it's taken a pretty good knock and broken a jewel that keeps the pivot from turning (or some such damage).

The first would be covered under warranty, the second, or any damage, would need to be paid for just like anything else that gets broken.
Old 14 September 2020, 10:08 AM   #3
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Warranty should cover it, unless they can claim you dropped it and it broke. You really have no choice, but to get it sorted out. Good luck.
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote