The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 February 2018, 02:32 AM   #31
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Look and see what they are going for from a TS and then take your number shopping with you.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 02:41 AM   #32
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
I doubt you will get much of a discount here in the Bay Area. If you get 5%, consider that lucky. A few years ago, yes, but not now. What AD do you go to?
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 02:55 AM   #33
vinzbee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks6pd View Post
I doubt you will get much of a discount here in the Bay Area. If you get 5%, consider that lucky. A few years ago, yes, but not now. What AD do you go to?
I see I see. I go to Davidson & Licht in WC. Well, let’s see what happens. Thanks!
vinzbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 02:58 AM   #34
vinzbee
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone for your helpful input! I really appreciate it. Ok, so I think I’ll start w/ 20% and see where that leads me. :)
Old 26 February 2018, 04:31 AM   #35
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzbee View Post
I see I see. I go to Davidson & Licht in WC. Well, let’s see what happens. Thanks!

Also, especially with them, don’t buy a watch hoping to move up on a list. Buy the watch because you want it. I believe they hold raffles at invite only events to purchase a Daytona. So you buy a raffle ticket, if your number comes up, your given the opportunity to purchase. That’s how their Santa Clara location works.

I doubt they will give you much off the Explorer. My dad walked in with a butt load of cash to buy a DD40 and the most they would go on a full PM piece was 15% off.

Check with Joe Escobar in Campbell. I think they’ll be more willing to maybe knock something off.

Again don’t hold your breath that buying at either place will help you obtain a Daytona any sooner. There are people much higher on the food chain who are waiting and will get theirs first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 05:59 PM   #36
vinzbee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks6pd View Post
Also, especially with them, don’t buy a watch hoping to move up on a list. Buy the watch because you want it. I believe they hold raffles at invite only events to purchase a Daytona. So you buy a raffle ticket, if your number comes up, your given the opportunity to purchase. That’s how their Santa Clara location works.

I doubt they will give you much off the Explorer. My dad walked in with a butt load of cash to buy a DD40 and the most they would go on a full PM piece was 15% off.

Check with Joe Escobar in Campbell. I think they’ll be more willing to maybe knock something off.

Again don’t hold your breath that buying at either place will help you obtain a Daytona any sooner. There are people much higher on the food chain who are waiting and will get theirs first.

Thanks Ks6pd! I'll check out Joe Escobar next weekend, I've never been there before and I've been wanting to visit them anyway, but based on what you said, I might be better off not buying from the AD since I'm at the very bottom of the food chain and I will probably get a better price elsewhere. I was also in Carmel earlier this day and checked out Fourtané, I saw 2 polar Exp II on display but as others here have mentioned, the salesperson told me that there's not enough SS watches to go around so he can't give me a discount unless I get something w/ gold. Oh well.
Old 3 March 2018, 04:05 PM   #37
peacocknation
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of 'em!
Quote:
Thanks Ks6pd! I'll check out Joe Escobar next weekend, I've never been there before and I've been wanting to visit them anyway, but based on what you said, I might be better off not buying from the AD since I'm at the very bottom of the food chain and I will probably get a better price elsewhere. I was also in Carmel earlier this day and checked out Fourtané, I saw 2 polar Exp II on display but as others here have mentioned, the salesperson told me that there's not enough SS watches to go around so he can't give me a discount unless I get something w/ gold. Oh well.
Was at Joe Escobar earlier, they have a white explorer ii in the case....and some gmt's, and a sub date, and a sd43...
peacocknation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2018, 06:51 PM   #38
vinzbee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacocknation View Post
Was at Joe Escobar earlier, they have a white explorer ii in the case....and some gmt's, and a sub date, and a sd43...

Nice selection, they even have an SD43, I’ll check them out tomorrow!

Old 3 March 2018, 07:00 PM   #39
peacocknation
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of 'em!
Quote:
Nice selection, they even have an SD43, I’ll check them out tomorrow!

May have just been a Deep Sea...can't really remember now...
peacocknation is offline   Reply With Quote