The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 1 June 2020, 07:49 AM   #31
sammyg93
"TRF" Member

My fiance gifted me a 2017 BLNR from DavidSW this past memorial day weekend. We were first time customers but heard good things. This was our experience.

The pictures on the website were excellent. We did confirm with the online sales associate that the watch was polished. Judging from the high-res photos on the website, the watch did not look overly polished and IMO looked brand new. After checkout and receiving wire transfer instructions, we called DavidSW to confirm the account numbers. And after the wire transfer, we called again to confirm that they received the funds and that the watch would be shipped out same day.

We received the watch the next day, and we could not be more happy and satisfied with our purchase. The watch looked exactly as described on the website. And again, honestly could not tell the watch had been polished or worn before.

Overall, we are happy first time customers of DavidSW. The communication was straight forward and no beating around the bush salesmanship BS. The watch condition was excellent and as described. We were comfortable with paying the premium for the BNLR. When considering a special life event, i.e. engagement, and our lack of experience buying luxury items online and not from a AD, we trusted and decided to pull the trigger at DavidSW.

blnr.jpg
sammyg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 08:11 AM   #32
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Buy the seller here, but not the watch that is $2,000 more. It won't matter if it has stickers. All of them came from someone who flipped it to David from an AD. You will get a great watch and a seller that will stand behind it.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 08:11 AM   #33
Aplover5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
DavidSW is top notch. If you’re willing to pay 16, get one new in the wrapper from him for a bit more. The piece of mind that comes from buying from David is worth the extra $$ IMO.
Aplover5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 08:17 AM   #34
Sephiroth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydas1 View Post
I’m looking for a 126710 BLRO and I see that DSW has two preowned in stock both around $16K. I emailed him directly and he told me he can source a new one with plastic for $18K, which is a little high I think. Anyway, I am a little hesitant of buying a preowned one due to the fact that it’s been polished for resale and I am a little neurotic about spending that kind of money on it without knowing for sure how far the polishing has gone. Given the small price difference should I just bite the bullet and buy the new one for $18K?
Have you reached out to some other trustworthy greys? What’s the delta preowned vs new?
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 08:24 AM   #35
Speedsleev
"TRF" Member

There is no better secondary market dealer IMO than David. Ive done many deals with him.
For what its worth.
Speedsleev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 08:31 AM   #36
ACZman15
"TRF" Member

X2! Integrity and accountability at its finest! Your coin good sir!
ACZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 09:02 AM   #37
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

David can get you whatever you want...and IT will be what you want.

If that is worth it to you, do it.

If not, buy @ your own risk.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 09:11 AM   #38
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
I have done 5 deals with DavidSW and was very happy with the process from start to finish. He and his team are the real deal NO BS what you get are truly honest people that do whatever it takes to make your buying experience memorable.
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 09:15 AM   #39
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
All prices you listed are way overpriced.
This is not a useful post.

A useful post is, "The prices you listed are overpriced, and [here] is where you can buy the same watch for less from a reputable seller."

If you can't point to a cheaper source for the watch, then by definition it's not overpriced. MSRP is only relevant to the discussion if there are stores where the Op can go buy it for that price.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 09:25 AM   #40
Szucker50
"TRF" Member

I as well, can attest to David and his Professionalism. Ive bought close to 15 pieces from him, and have never been disappointed in any of them. All were as described if not better. If you really want it, and are willing to pay that much of a premium for it, go for it, you will not be disappointed.
Szucker50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 09:27 AM   #41
THC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
DSW for President !!! Lol
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 10:32 AM   #42
qua13
Banned

Since you really need it and willing to pay up to any of those prices for 126710 BLRO then just ahead and get the new one.
qua13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 10:48 AM   #43
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

David is well trusted and respected. He like like everybody who sells a watch asks for what the market will pay at any given time. A few years back SS Rolex were being sold for under MSRP by secondary sellers, nobody complained. Price is relative to desire and affordability. Right now more people desire and will pay a premium for availably. His prices quoted are in line with current market demand. New or used, it’s a nice watch.
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 11:00 AM   #44
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I have bought/sold a ton of watches over the past five years. The amount spent exceeds 400k USD. When buying on each occasion I checked vendors and within them was David SW. I didn’t use them even though they’re in my state. The reason was simple “price”. On every occasion they were way more than comparable vendors for the watch I sought. This may have been bad luck or just a fluke, I prefer not to draw any definitive conclusions for that reason.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 11:35 AM   #45
RWH
"TRF" Member

Seems way overpriced compared to the current market prices but it's your money at the end of the day. Do what you want
RWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 12:21 PM   #46
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
His prices tend to be on the highest end but he's the top dog trusted seller for a reason. You're wiring someone thousands of dollars. In my mind and extra 1-2k is worth the peace of mind.

There's plenty of other trusted sellers I'd buy from too but i will vouch for David because I've bought and sold probably a dozen watches with him and if something isn't right he will make it right. Few months ago I bought a mint polar from him and when it arrived, had a speck of dust under the crystal. I told him, he immediately sent me a label, fixed it, and had it back to me within a week.

To me, that's the key. Anyone can buy/sell when things are smooth and everyone's happy. Who do you trust to fix things when something goes wrong???

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
kareemthedream33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 03:48 PM   #47
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Davids prices for that reference are not out of line considering the reputation and he 100% has the watch he posts.

I cant find a stickered one...so ih can get you one and thats what you want, then go for it.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 09:04 PM   #48
s7horton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB, 126610…..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauffee View Post
I’ve always wanted to know who did David’s polishing. From the pictures he posts, the watches look perfect as if the stickers were just peeled off.

I chatted with him about this once. While he didn’t share names, he mentioned he uses someone on the west coast. They specialize in finishing, not in watch making or repair.
s7horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 10:43 PM   #49
kauffee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7horton View Post
I chatted with him about this once. While he didn’t share names, he mentioned he uses someone on the west coast. They specialize in finishing, not in watch making or repair.
Interesting. Thanks.
kauffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 10:46 PM   #50
Danny83
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
The watch may have a very light polish. 16k seems ok if you dont want want to wait for a long time for msrp
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 11:06 PM   #51
Maiden
"TRF" Member

I've traded and purchased with David and can confirm he is top notch. No problems shipping into Canada at all.
Omega Geneve
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY2112
Orient Ray 2
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 11:13 PM   #52
spersky
"TRF" Member

On the recommendation of this forum, I went to David SW to source a watch with a trade involved. The quote and response from their team was excellent and professional. I ended up going with another very reputable grey market dealer and saved about $5,000. So prices can vary greatly among dealers so I recommend people do a lot of research.
spersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 11:13 PM   #53
triple.lindy
2024 Pledge Member

I won't speak on the prices of what you're looking at but David and his associates are stand up guys. I would 100% not think twice about purchasing from them if they had a watch that I was looking for at a price I was comfortable with.
triple.lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 11:19 PM   #54
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
DSW for President !!! Lol
Love your comment, ha ha ha.

After DSW read this thread, hope he doesn't increase his price.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:08 AM   #55
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
As said by others either MSRP or lower, so would say no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:26 AM   #56
theivyleaguer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Buying a preowned watch from DavidSW

I've got this same watch on my shortlist, and to those saying these are overpriced compared to the market, I disagree. *Asking* prices from most sellers marketing online (forums, FB, IG, etc) are right in line with the numbers OP quoted - hard to determine final sales price, which would represent true market value.

I don't think it's the purpose of the forum to list sites with better pricing, but shouts of "overpriced" without meaningful alternatives are not very helpful.
Old 2 June 2020, 12:34 AM   #57
DG123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oyster Perpetual
Quote:
Originally Posted by theivyleaguer View Post

I don't think it's the purpose of the forum to list sites with better pricing, but shouts of "overpriced" without meaningful alternatives are not very helpful.
There are a few posts on this thread suggesting that the OP consider waiting until he can purchase the model from an AD at MSRP , or, perhaps finding a different watch model to buy. I think those responses are both meaningful and helpful.
DG123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:46 AM   #58
theivyleaguer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG123 View Post
There are a few posts on this thread suggesting that the OP consider waiting until he can purchase the model from an AD at MSRP , or, perhaps finding a different watch model to buy. I think those responses are both meaningful and helpful.

If I ask you how to save money on a Rolex, and you tell me, “don’t buy one,” that’s not very helpful or meaningful, is it?

OP is pricing a BLRO at market prices (not MSRP) and was asking a question related to the market. Not the mythical unicorn scenario of landing a BLRO from an AD in any reasonable amount of time at MSRP.
Old 2 June 2020, 03:45 AM   #59
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
$16k. Lmao

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 09:20 AM   #60
SlashRothstein
"TRF" Member

I purchased a DJ2 from DSW last year and also had a great experience. Contrary to what many are saying, he actually had the BEST pricing I could find after many months of searching for this particular watch.
SlashRothstein is offline   Reply With Quote