The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 March 2019, 04:54 AM   #1
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

16610LV value opinions before I pay a deposit

I’m quite keen on this, I was just hoping some people with more knowledge than me will cast their eye over it.
I’ve been looking for one for a while, I want a full set but I don’t want NOS with stickers because I want to wear it but I want a nice example. This one looks good to me and price wise is about there against the rest of the UK market. I particularly want to buy one of these from a dealer because I know that it isn’t unknown for standard LN’s to made into LV’s.
Any thoughts welcome.

https://www.watchclub.com/rolex/subm...10lv-year-2007
3sheets86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 05:04 AM   #2
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

The price is about as good as you can get at the moment for a full set in the U.K. which is slightly surprising as these guys tend to be on the more expensive side. The warranty card has “16610LV” printed on it so assuming it’s original and the serials match you don’t need to worry about it being a frankenwatch.
Old 25 March 2019, 05:12 AM   #3
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
The price is about as good as you can get at the moment for a full set in the U.K. which is slightly surprising as these guys tend to be on the more expensive side. The warranty card has “16610LV” printed on it so assuming it’s original and the serials match you don’t need to worry about it being a frankenwatch.
Cheers, I noticed that and tbh even though they tend to be expensive, after reading up and talking to others they seem to be Well respected as straight dealing with good product for knowledge. I’ve been waiting/ hoping that these would drop but I think that’s wishful thinking on my part so I might just go for it.
Old 25 March 2019, 05:13 AM   #4
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

13,950 Pounds = 18,437.00 US Dollar. Pretty nice watch but I remembered I bought 3 brand new from 2 ADs for $5,000-$6000 before sale taxes back in 2005-2007. It amazes me to see today price on used one today. And if you go back the Rolex forums back then, most said the LV was not a collectable

All the LVs I bought brand new from ADs came with the hang tags that say LV and original sale receipts with the LV model/serial number, and my name on it.

Have fun shopping
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 05:23 AM   #5
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sheets86 View Post
Cheers, I noticed that and tbh even though they tend to be expensive, after reading up and talking to others they seem to be Well respected as straight dealing with good product for knowledge. I’ve been waiting/ hoping that these would drop but I think that’s wishful thinking on my part so I might just go for it.
From memory the price has gone up 20-30% in the last year alone.

I’m no watch commodities expert so take this for what it is - advice from a random nobody on the internet: you’re highly unlikely to lose money on that watch. I suspect you’ll be waiting a while for the price to drop and in the long run it’s probably only going up. It won’t make you rich but since you’re going to be wearing it, that doesn’t matter.

It’s a beautiful reference and from the photos it’s a very nice example to boot.

Don’t forget the incoming post if you pull the trigger
Old 25 March 2019, 05:31 AM   #6
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
From memory the price has gone up 20-30% in the last year alone.

I’m no watch commodities expert so take this for what it is - advice from a random nobody on the internet: you’re highly unlikely to lose money on that watch. I suspect you’ll be waiting a while for the price to drop and in the long run it’s probably only going up. It won’t make you rich but since you’re going to be wearing it, that doesn’t matter.

It’s a beautiful reference and from the photos it’s a very nice example to boot.

Don’t forget the incoming post if you pull the trigger
Haha, I won’t. I like the splash of colour and the different look that the maxi dial adds. The 116610LV is just too green for me, these 5 digit ones just look classic to me.
Old 25 March 2019, 05:39 AM   #7
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Watches of Knightsbridge have one at 10k. Admittedly, no papers but it has Rolex service papers from January this year. It’s had a full service, glass/crown done etc.

One to consider. I get the full set mentality (indeed my gmt is), but there’s a case to say that Rolex 2019 service papers are as good for proving legit, And it’s 4 grand less and fully serviced.

Just something to think about.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 05:47 AM   #8
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
That’s a very nice example, I love wearing mine if not more than my 16710. I agree with you on the 6 digit model too.
Old 25 March 2019, 05:52 AM   #9
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m quite keen on this, I was just hoping some people with more knowledge than me will cast their eye over it.
I’ve been looking for one for a while, I want a full set but I don’t want NOS with stickers because I want to wear it but I want a nice example. This one looks good to me and price wise is about there against the rest of the UK market. I particularly want to buy one of these from a dealer because I know that it isn’t unknown for standard LN’s to made into LV’s.
Any thoughts welcome.

https://www.watchclub.com/rolex/subm...10lv-year-2007
Watchclub are good guys. There’s no way they’d sell anything ‘franken’. In fact they tend to be more honest about replaced/service parts than others. Even in a softening market, the LV was a celebration model with a limited run that won’t be made again and will always have value, although this generation, neither flat 4 nor random/rehaut model will never be as desirable as the former.
Old 25 March 2019, 05:54 AM   #10
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

That price is ridiculous, I mean silly money. You can find fine examples from trusted sellers here for much less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 05:59 AM   #11
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
That price is ridiculous, I mean silly money. You can find fine examples from trusted sellers here for much less.

How do those prices look when you add 20% tax?
Old 25 March 2019, 06:09 AM   #12
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post

I haven’t got the confidence to buy from overseas when this amount of money is involved and paying import fees tend to bring things to UK prices so nothing gained.
I could pick this up and tie it in with a nice city break in London quite easily.
Old 25 March 2019, 06:10 AM   #13
bazin
"TRF" Member

Conform the pictures this "The Watch Club" 16610LV has been polished and the green inlay has been either removed and remounted or exchanged
This can be noticed due to the deviation between the position of the green inlay versus the bezel........you have to look carefully to the position of the white triangle versus the upper ribs of the bezel.
Below a picture of a NOS 2007 16610LV, full in the stickers...where the factory OEM position is flawless as beeing arranged in the Rolex factory.

bazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:13 AM   #14
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
Watchclub are good guys. There’s no way they’d sell anything ‘franken’. In fact they tend to be more honest about replaced/service parts than others. Even in a softening market, the LV was a celebration model with a limited run that won’t be made again and will always have value, although this generation, neither flat 4 nor random/rehaut model will never be as desirable as the former.
I know what you mean, it makes it more wearable though doesn’t it. I’ve even heard some people say that the pre-engraved rehaut versions are more sought after than the engraved, who knows and who cares. An LV is an LV at the end of the day, it looks smart whether it’s a 2004, a 2007 or a 2010 imo and the very early ones are just getting to the point of being kept in a safe.
Old 25 March 2019, 06:14 AM   #15
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Have you picked one up, had a good look at it and felt its heft? It's a light watch with a flimsy feeling bracelet and a Micky Mouse diving extension. This may not put you off in the slightest. But it is something worth doing. The 116610LV feels like a completely different watch. More heft, higher quality, better overall finish - to go with lugs which won't fit through some doorways..
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:16 AM   #16
lawrence1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Have you picked one up, had a good look at it and felt its heft? It's a light watch with a flimsy feeling bracelet and a Micky Mouse diving extension. This may not put you off in the slightest. But it is something worth doing.

Sounds like a bargain at $18k. Love these hyped up references.
lawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:17 AM   #17
Rocket launcher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Conform the pictures this "The Watch Club" 16610LV has been polished and the green inlay has been either removed and remounted
Agree not the best watch at 14k in £
Rocket launcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:23 AM   #18
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Have you picked one up, had a good look at it and felt its heft? It's a light watch with a flimsy feeling bracelet and a Micky Mouse diving extension. This may not put you off in the slightest. But it is something worth doing. The 116610LV feels like a completely different watch. More heft, higher quality, better overall finish - to go with lugs which won't fit through some doorways..
I’ve got a 16710 and I have a 116610LN so am familiar with the weighty feel of the 6 digit watches. I just don’t like the all green.
Old 25 March 2019, 06:26 AM   #19
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
Agree not the best watch at 14k in £
It looks quite sharp to me. What do you think is wrong with it?
Old 25 March 2019, 06:34 AM   #20
bazin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
...the undermentioned statement certainly could be true but is silly for those "respected" people......
...."its only a couple of years before this is a £20k watch"........!
bazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 07:06 AM   #21
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’ve got a 16710 and I have a 116610LN so am familiar with the weighty feel of the 6 digit watches. I just don’t like the all green.
It appears you are good to go. Best wishes with it.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 07:21 AM   #22
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5204P
Looks great but yikes 18k.
AckAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 07:55 AM   #23
lecorsaire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Would never pay 18k for a Kermit. I would suggest you keep looking. I would not pay more than 10k for this watch. Prices are high but these do not move fast.

Why not buy a Hulk? The difference in quality between the old bracelet and new bracelet is huge. Don’t buy into the hype. The Kermit didn’t sell well when it was in production.
Old 25 March 2019, 08:03 AM   #24
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecorsaire View Post
Would never pay 18k for a Kermit. I would suggest you keep looking. I would not pay more than 10k for this watch. Prices are high but these do not move fast.

Why not buy a Hulk? The difference in quality between the old bracelet and new bracelet is huge. Don’t buy into the hype. The Kermit didn’t sell well when it was in production.
I don’t like the hulk at all. I think the green is an awful shade and there’s far too much of it.
Old 25 March 2019, 09:03 AM   #25
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Its ok. Not worth it imho.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 09:17 AM   #26
DramaTurtle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar Explorer
If you know what you're buying, I say go for it. Is it worth it for what you're getting? Absolutely not.
Rolex moved to its furthest point of being a tool watch. The new Sea-Dweller and Meteorite GMT seem best suited for raising PGA trophies, and that might be the closest we get to one anyway.
DramaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:51 PM   #27
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
It says "tags" in the description but in the pictures I only see the red chronograph tag. Did you want both? Maybe you can clarify with them if they have the green tag as well before buying.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 07:35 PM   #28
NA5AR
"TRF" Member

Tbh honest that is at least £2k overpriced even for the UK market. There are plenty of nice examples to be had for £11-12k
NA5AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 07:51 PM   #29
harvey
"TRF" Member

Some background...I bought a 'd serial' LV in Sept 2005 for £2650 from an AD, and it is my favourite reference.

However, there is no way would I ever pay £14k for one. In my opinion even £10k is steep, if not vertical.

Imagine what you could do with £14k? Rather have a brand new Submariner Date, Explorer I and a Tudor Harrods reference for that money.
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 08:06 PM   #30
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
A nice example.

Better to buy it than regret buying it.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote