The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 25 March 2019, 12:29 AM   #31
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
the richer you are the cheaper you are as a general rule... IE if you can get it for free you do

i guess thats why they are so rich
I didn’t want to go there, but since you did I agree
Old 25 March 2019, 12:31 AM   #32
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
That's why these threads usually get locked and something tells me it will happen soon, but I don't understand why long time members don't pledge. What you say is true for that guy that comes here to find out the difference between quartz and automatic and then dissappear, but for those that almost live here posting everyday for years and years I really don't understand.
Interesting.

It doesn’t bother me in the slightest either way, but you could make the argument that long time members ought to be less expected to pledge on the basis of their cumulative contributions to the forum over years, whereas new members are by definition more likely to take rather than give.

Of course you couldn’t run the forum that way as you’d never get new members.
Old 25 March 2019, 12:44 AM   #33
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

i vote we move general discussion to the pledge area.

want to talk watches, fine do it for free. No one uses afterdark so make it the general discussion. Plus then this topic is only applicable to pledge members anyway... win-win
I love general discussion and making it pledge only doesn't affect the watch related components.

I have no issue with people who do or dont pledge though. The amount of time im on here, not that i feel obligated but it would seem pretty cheap to not contribute
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 25 March 2019, 12:51 AM   #34
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Let’s step off the high horses and not worry about how another person chooses to utilize their money.
Old 25 March 2019, 12:51 AM   #35
Vamp
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
That's why these threads usually get locked and something tells me it will happen soon, but I don't understand why long time members don't pledge. What you say is true for that guy that comes here to find out the difference between quartz and automatic and then disappears, but for those that almost live here posting everyday for years and years I really don't understand.
100% I guess those are the same rich guys with the punch cards for the coffee!
Old 25 March 2019, 12:53 AM   #36
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post
Let’s step off the high horses and not worry about how another person chooses to utilize their money.
That’s what this whole thread is about.
Old 25 March 2019, 12:53 AM   #37
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post
thats 99% of the rolex discussions... enabling and spending other peoples money with suggestions, polls, advise, investment tips, etc
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 25 March 2019, 12:56 AM   #38
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
This is interesting. If you could afford it, would you insist on paying MSRP for a watch even if the dealer offered a discount?
If I was a rich entertainer or nba player yes I would just pay MSRP. I certainly would not expect free food like some do.
Old 25 March 2019, 12:56 AM   #39
Star Ferry
Banned

Instead of hand-wringing over why I haven't pledged, you could always pledge again. Remember, $28 is merely the "minimum donation"
Old 25 March 2019, 01:02 AM   #40
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
This is interesting. If you could afford it, would you insist on paying MSRP for a watch even if the dealer offered a discount?
If it gauranteed first dibs on any hot model, damn straight I would.

I think Steve is content with the pledge contributions, or else we’d see encouragement from the mods. The rank and file guy contributes ideas, which are the bread and butter of the forum. A pledge doesnt make a member any better, it just changes the color of his handle.

Those sellers who make their living in the FS section are the one’s who are cheap IMO. Just $28 a year for exposure to premium buyers. Now that’s taking advantage. My $0.02.
Old 25 March 2019, 01:06 AM   #41
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Many are not here to add to the forum and some just to take away from it.
Old 25 March 2019, 01:06 AM   #42
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Using a punch card that was the store’s idea to get a free drink every x amount of purchases is considered cheap?

Lol

It’s a psychological move by the store management to get repeat customers
what i am saying is that the more money someone has the more they utilize things like that.

I would be willing to bet punch card use goes up as income does. Using perks is trendy among the wealthy crowd.
Old 25 March 2019, 01:26 AM   #43
GradyPhilpott
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Big Rose
Apparently, the forum is functioning well as it is.

I must admit that membership does have its privileges, though.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
Closed Thread