The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 15 July 2021, 03:09 AM   #1
rpl77
"TRF" Member

Watch: DaytonaC, 16710B
Patek Loupe

Apparently these are not available for purchase, maybe they were AD gifts?

If anyone would like to sell their Patek loupe, please PM me. Thanks in advance!
rpl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 04:21 AM   #2
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

People who go on a factory tour receive them in the goodie bag.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 04:29 AM   #3
rpl77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
People who go on a factory tour receive them in the goodie bag.
thanks for the info
Old 15 July 2021, 04:30 AM   #4
bonsai-man
"TRF" Member

Do you mean one of these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loupe.jpg (153.0 KB, 599 views)
bonsai-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 04:37 AM   #5
rpl77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai-man View Post
Do you mean one of these.
that's the one!
Old 15 July 2021, 04:49 AM   #6
bonsai-man
"TRF" Member

These are given to special customers and visitors on a factory tour. They come in a small dark brown Patek cardboard box. I’m not sure a collector on here would sell as they are quite a special gift, I know I wouldn’t. However I have seen them on eBay before but they are quite expensive.

Good luck, though.
Old 15 July 2021, 04:49 AM   #7
Flex368
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes!
I got one from my AD years ago when I bought my 5167.

Flex368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 04:56 AM   #8
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Ask your AD nicely, they can order them.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 05:00 AM   #9
bonsai-man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
This, and see if you can get some gloves at the same time.
Old 15 July 2021, 05:46 AM   #10
rpl77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai-man View Post
This, and see if you can get some gloves at the same time.
thanks guys..i snagged one on ebay for a price that was similar to ones for sale here on trf.
Old 15 July 2021, 06:29 AM   #11
bonsai-man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpl77 View Post
thanks guys..i snagged one on ebay for a price that was similar to ones for sale here on trf.
Congrats.
Old 15 July 2021, 01:24 PM   #12
Fenrira
"TRF" Member

There’s a story behind how I got mine. This was probably around 2014 when I didn’t know anything about watches. I was walking along Bond Street in London when I passed by the Patek salon. A few pieces in the display caught my eye, so I went in and inquired about them. After introducing me to the brand, the SA patiently explained the layering of lacquer on the 5227g’s dial and pointed out the scalloped lugs on the 5205g.

He eventually invited me to examine the movement using a loupe on the table, and it was an eye-opener. At the time my only watch was a 16710, so holding a something so refined left an immense impression on me. I told him as much but also that I wasn’t currently in the market for a Patek. He said it was perfectly alright, and excused himself for a short while. When he came back, he gave me a little box with the loupe inside and said, “For when you begin your journey”. It would be another 2-3 years before I did purchase my first Patek, and I like to think that memory played an important role in nudging me down this path.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 717D7EC7-D7AF-4101-B3A7-A0573FA8B96E.jpeg (140.0 KB, 468 views)
Fenrira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 01:27 PM   #13
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrira View Post
There’s a story behind how I got mine. This was probably around 2014 when I didn’t know anything about watches. I was walking along Bond Street in London when I passed by the Patek salon. A few pieces in the display caught my eye, so I went in and inquired about them. After introducing me to the brand, the SA patiently explained the layering of lacquer on the 5227g’s dial and pointed out the scalloped lugs on the 5205g.

He eventually invited me to examine the movement using a loupe on the table, and it was an eye-opener. At the time my only watch was a 16710, so holding a something so refined left an immense impression on me. I told him as much but also that I wasn’t currently in the market for a Patek. He said it was perfectly alright, and excused himself for a short while. When he came back, he gave me a little box with the loupe inside and said, “For when you begin your journey”. It would be another 2-3 years before I did purchase my first Patek, and I like to think that memory played an important role in nudging me down this path.

Great story!
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 03:24 PM   #14
WatchtraderNY
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:

A true journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WatchtraderNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 03:27 PM   #15
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Nice story Fenrira.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 10:31 AM   #16
RolLee
"TRF" Member

Watch: (n) thing for time
Quote:

Great story! A time when being a watch enthusiast was pure. Miss those days lol.

Also, I just saw a PP loupe for sale on Chrono24. Not mine.
RolLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 02:10 PM   #17
ericksakti
"TRF" Member

I specialize in collecting watch brand memorabilia like this haha.
Here are two of mine one from Patek and one from Chopard

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-16 at 11.09.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-16 at 11.09.10.jpeg
ericksakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 03:33 PM   #18
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Sharing my story as I think it's one of the best I have ever experienced in any boutique or AD. In my first visit to Geneva years ago, I dropped by the Patek Salon and was checking out a few chronographs and annual calendar pieces. The sales associate was so friendly and welcoming. He shared a lot of his own background, which includes he used to be a watchmaker working in the Patek factory. And after more than 10 years in that role he wanted to learn more about the business hence he decided to come to the salon to have more face time with customers. He showed us the building, including sections that were appointment only for VIPs. The 4th floor of the Patek Salon is a classically decorated meeting area and has a great view to the lake outside, an awesome way to appreciate the fountain Jet d'Eau. After spending about about an hour and a half, before we left he handed us a bag of "stuffs". And then pulling them out of the bag one by one. First it was the loupe, then a leather pouch for storing a watch that has a pin buckle. Then a sealed copy of the full catalog for the year in English. Lastly, 2 free Patek museum admission tickets. I was like, hey I didn't even make a purchase and this is far beyond what I expected when I first walked into the salon. While I did come back in a few days to purchase one of the pieces I looked at, that experience was one of the most memorable in my watch collecting career.

So, maybe you just have to pay a visit to one of the salons :)
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 11:28 PM   #19
Partekular
"TRF" Member

I asked my AD and was given one with a purchase.
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2021, 04:43 AM   #20
bonsai-man
"TRF" Member

I don’t know about you, but this thread is making me want one now.

FOMO at it’s best.
Old 17 July 2021, 07:42 PM   #21
rpl77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
Sharing my story as I think it's one of the best I have ever experienced in any boutique or AD. In my first visit to Geneva years ago, I dropped by the Patek Salon and was checking out a few chronographs and annual calendar pieces. The sales associate was so friendly and welcoming. He shared a lot of his own background, which includes he used to be a watchmaker working in the Patek factory. And after more than 10 years in that role he wanted to learn more about the business hence he decided to come to the salon to have more face time with customers. He showed us the building, including sections that were appointment only for VIPs. The 4th floor of the Patek Salon is a classically decorated meeting area and has a great view to the lake outside, an awesome way to appreciate the fountain Jet d'Eau. After spending about about an hour and a half, before we left he handed us a bag of "stuffs". And then pulling them out of the bag one by one. First it was the loupe, then a leather pouch for storing a watch that has a pin buckle. Then a sealed copy of the full catalog for the year in English. Lastly, 2 free Patek museum admission tickets. I was like, hey I didn't even make a purchase and this is far beyond what I expected when I first walked into the salon. While I did come back in a few days to purchase one of the pieces I looked at, that experience was one of the most memorable in my watch collecting career.

So, maybe you just have to pay a visit to one of the salons :)
Quote:

Both amazing stories, thank you for sharing!