The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 July 2021, 11:12 PM   #61
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdemelo@hotmail.ca View Post
There’s nothing strange about my statement. Rolex production has taken a hit for 2020 and 2021. The OP inference to seeing so many Rolex on vacation this year as compared to years past doesn’t make sense since not that many people world wide could possibly have bought Rolexes recently.

Why?

The world is awash in money, Rolex sells everything as fast as they make it and they still cannot meet demand. There are Rolex watches everywhere and there will continue to be.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 12:32 PM   #62
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Miami a couple of years back.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 12:53 PM   #63
muskaroxs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFisher22 View Post
I never place my watch in the TSA tray, just wear it through every time, no issues.
Same here, I’ve heard stories of watches disappearing through TSA.

I’ve never had an issue wearing mine through security.
muskaroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 01:06 PM   #64
kearez
"TRF" Member

Rolex is a watch, especially in high traffic areas. Talking about Monaco, St Tropez, Miami, NYC, St Barthes, Naples. Expensive areas to visit will have expensive toys.
Would be different story if you said Austin MN was packed full of Rolex would of been more interesting. ALS, AP, PP, VC are uncommon to be seen in the wild.
kearez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 02:45 PM   #65
Vanalich
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMalone View Post
I just returned from a week-long vacation to Jackson Hole. We stayed at the Hotel Terra and spent a lot of time in Yellowstone.

I've never seen so many Rolex's. It was like every 3rd person was wearing one! I literally saw at least 25 in that 7 day period. In fact, 2 of the 3 Delta FA's on the flight back to ATL were wearing Rolex's!!!

I saw new Sub's, new GMT's on the jubilee bracelet, older GMT's, Day/Dates, and several PM pieces.

Where were you when you saw the most Rolex's being worn?
Haha just take a ride on a train in any major Chinese city or Hong Kong. Or just walk around a major grocery store, sub will probably be the cheapest watch you are going to see. Rose gold Daytona is more like it. 25 watches over one week means you haven't actually seen any - you will see more Subs in a matter of couple of hours in HK

On that note, in America sales of Swiss watches in Jan-Jun this year are 45% up compared with 2019 same period.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Vanalich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 02:47 PM   #66
Vanalich
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdemelo@hotmail.ca View Post
Hopefully they are all fake can’t see how there is such an increase since Rolex hasn’t upped production.
Despite that, sales in America are up. Not just Rolexes, but all Swiss watches, obviously including Rolex

Old 22 July 2021, 02:48 PM   #67
Vanalich
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbucciarelli View Post
I was in Italy for vacation, and I couldn’t help but notice everyone wearing Rolex’s! In Rome I was seeing a bunch of bluesys, oysterflex daytonas and deep seas JC. Even the doorman at the Gucci store was wearing a coke! Couldn’t believe it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it safe to wear a nice watch in Italy????

Old 22 July 2021, 09:48 PM   #68
Waldorf369
"TRF" Member

- DJ36 Wimbledon (Fluted + Smooth), DJ41 Blue Azzuro (Smooth)

- YM37 Rhodium, DJ36 half rose gold Wimbledon

Not too shabby...
Waldorf369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 10:51 PM   #69
Gbucciarelli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanalich View Post
Is it safe to wear a nice watch in Italy????

It depends where you are, in the tourist areas it is safe but you always have to be vigilant of pick pocket. In the Napoli train station it’s a disaster though, lots of theft.

Gbucciarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 01:24 AM   #70
SERGBENTLEY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
That’s around 6,097 more than are available at my AD right now based on what is in the case

Any Rolex you want is for sale right now at market price. New subs, old subs, hulks, kermits, rainbow Daytonas, 5 digit Explorer2 with 3186 movement, 14060, 14060m, etc

If anyone wants a Rolex today they can have it by the end of this week more likely than not. Just pay market price

Not accurate - case in point all the EMPTY cases of Rolex at 3 Torneau locations here in NYC , and Wempe. Market price you say? There are subs going for 2k plus above retail - preowned. Waiting lists are 6+ months. There are no rolexes to be “had” by any means - at least here in NYC.
SERGBENTLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 01:41 AM   #71
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERGBENTLEY View Post
Not accurate - case in point all the EMPTY cases of Rolex at 3 Torneau locations here in NYC , and Wempe. Market price you say? There are subs going for 2k plus above retail - preowned. Waiting lists are 6+ months. There are no rolexes to be “had” by any means - at least here in NYC.
That’s my point. As long as you are happy to pay market price, you can get almost any Rolex you want right now. There is no shortage of Rolex watches for sale right now. The only “shortage” is the available supply at MSRP

Which Rolex would you like?
Marcjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 02:01 AM   #72
GMT Freak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Haha just take a ride on a train in any major Chinese city or Hong Kong. Or just walk around a major grocery store, sub will probably be the cheapest watch you are going to see. Rose gold Daytona is more like it. 25 watches over one week means you haven't actually seen any - you will see more Subs in a matter of couple of hours in HK

On that note, in America sales of Swiss watches in Jan-Jun this year are 45% up compared with 2019 same period.

Saw a couple Rolexes and even a Platona in a Uniqlo during a trip to HK a few years back
GMT Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 02:01 AM   #73
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That’s my point. As long as you are happy to pay market price, you can get almost any Rolex you want right now. There is no shortage of Rolex watches for sale right now. The only “shortage” is the available supply at MSRP

Which Rolex would you like?
Yes and no. Chrono24 for USA location reports this for the Sub41 “We've found 12 results for “126610ln Stainless Steel” and only 20 for the entire world selling through Chrono24. At this moment in time I would consider that model extremely low volume for a high profile Rolex.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 02:18 AM   #74
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Yes and no. Chrono24 for USA location reports this for the Sub41 “We've found 12 results for “126610ln Stainless Steel” and only 20 for the entire world selling through Chrono24. At this moment in time I would consider that model extremely low volume for a high profile Rolex.
Ebay shows 30+ 126610 for sale. Jomashop has some. Bob’s has 10. The TRF trusted sellers all seem to have some for sale.There are a lot of other resources that I didn’t even check. Granted there is some overlap but there still are more than enough to meet the demand at market price.

I reiterate my point. Almost any Rolex anyone wants is for sale and available right now. Just be prepared to “pay up sucker”.
Marcjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 11:13 PM   #75
Vanalich
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not to mention offline stores

Old 23 July 2021, 11:18 PM   #76
Vanalich
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Then why am I looking at 482 results?

Old 24 July 2021, 12:20 AM   #77
gerry100
"TRF" Member

Remember that Rolexes never die.
gerry100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 12:48 AM   #78
jonny deacon
"TRF" Member

Went to the Masters a couple years back, seemed like every other person was wearing a Rolex. Most I’ve seen in one setting, by far.

Saw several on a recent trip down to the Redneck Riviera. Stainless Yachtmaster II, new Bluesy…several OPs and Datejusts on women. Caught a few Panerais as well —

jonny deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 02:39 AM   #79
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Then why am I looking at 482 results?

Try “Rolex Submariner 126610LN” (SS Submariner date) and not ever Sub41 in all metals.

The last couple months I have been tracking the most iconic SS popular new model in this current market just to see if it looks like Rolex might in fact be limiting the amount they are releasing. I have been keeping my search pool only on the USA. I am focused only on all SS. Being a all new model, dealers have not had years to be hoarding inventory. I figure this might give a idea of how many SS models Rolex is really releasing into the wild.

Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 02:58 AM   #80
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
Highest concentration I've seen has been various towns in Switzerland, followed by Milano, and then London.
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 03:04 AM   #81
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMalone View Post
I just returned from a week-long vacation to Jackson Hole. We stayed at the Hotel Terra and spent a lot of time in Yellowstone.

I've never seen so many Rolex's. It was like every 3rd person was wearing one! I literally saw at least 25 in that 7 day period. In fact, 2 of the 3 Delta FA's on the flight back to ATL were wearing Rolex's!!!

I saw new Sub's, new GMT's on the jubilee bracelet, older GMT's, Day/Dates, and several PM pieces.

Where were you when you saw the most Rolex's being worn?

A couple years back I was on holiday in New Orleans. I couldn’t believe how many rolexes I spotted each day. I was easily seeing 20-30. Then I found out that there was a medical convention happening. Apparently every hotel was booked solid with MDs. That explained it!

DaveTheWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 03:10 AM   #82
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
I saw probably a dozen in Italy during the week I was there in 2019, other than that honestly never see them aside from one offs from time to time. I spent a week in Switzerland and saw zero somehow early 2020. It was right as covid was starting to become a big deal however and there weren't a lot of people around in general on trains etc. so maybe during normal times with normal crowds they'd be out and about.
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 09:49 PM   #83
carbon888
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Cyclops l SD43
Bump. Don’t see myself going on a vacation anytime soon due to Covid. Nice to read about others stories. Keep them coming!

carbon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 10:49 PM   #84
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There are 70k Rolexes for sale right now on chrono24. eBay shows 38k for sale.

There are more Rolexes available now than most other times in history. Just have to pay market prices.

The only “shortage” is getting one at MSRP
Maybe so, but I’m betting that only 12 of those sellers actually have the watch that they are trying to sell. The rest are trying to get an offer and then go try to find the watch for less than the offer. Or they are just trying to get your money without getting a watch to you.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 10:53 PM   #85
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

I was in Turks and Caicos back in April and saw many. Also was in Newport RI last week and saw the same.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 10:58 PM   #86
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

Yes, you see it everywhere !

I will keep my 1655 and 1680, collector's items and heritage, but I'm losing interest in the brand, 'cause it is no longer for enthusiasts...

(This does not call into question the qualities of the watches)

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Toproll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2021, 05:13 AM   #87
Shaitan
"TRF" Member

Half the people are wearing fakes, sadly the hyper clones have become so good they get away with it too. They do these “style check” shows on YouTube where they stop people on the street and ask what their outfit costs. Apart from the usual Gucci t shirts and 500 dollar Trainers they all wear a Rolex. And most of them turned out to be fake. So don’t be too jealous of that Daytona wearing bus boy or your FA on Delta sporting a BLRO
Shaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2021, 07:30 AM   #88
carbon888
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Cyclops l SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaitan View Post
Half the people are wearing fakes, sadly the hyper clones have become so good they get away with it too. They do these “style check” shows on YouTube where they stop people on the street and ask what their outfit costs. Apart from the usual Gucci t shirts and 500 dollar Trainers they all wear a Rolex. And most of them turned out to be fake. So don’t be too jealous of that Daytona wearing bus boy or your FA on Delta sporting a BLRO

Can you share a link to some of these videos?

carbon888 is offline   Reply With Quote