The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 16 October 2023, 01:34 PM   #61
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
IBTL

Existing 32xx thread in tech section
Old 16 October 2023, 01:54 PM   #62
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

Useful information. There is evidence of a real problem and perhaps without a (current) permanent solution.

Informs people and allows better decision making. Also helps align preferences toward movements that don’t have these systemic problems.
Old 16 October 2023, 02:27 PM   #63
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
IBTL

Existing 32xx thread in tech section

I’ve seen nothing here worthy of locking the thread. The Tech section discussion is a different mode.

This thread is more about the behavior dimensions among members vs. movement accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 16 October 2023, 03:31 PM   #64
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Survival instinct that must be built into human genome. In-group preference. Out-group hatred.

Pick a side. Go to your corners. Dig in your heels and refuse to listen to the other side. Fight about it irrationally because you are immune to facts.
Old 16 October 2023, 06:36 PM   #65
Seo
"TRF" Member

It’s so bizarre, it’s even worse in WUS…
Old 16 October 2023, 09:29 PM   #66
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I’ve seen nothing here worthy of locking the thread. The Tech section discussion is a different mode.

This thread is more about the behavior dimensions among members vs. movement accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I haven't either, but all the previous 32xx threads were swept up and merged. I predict this one will be as well. The camps are divided: 1) There are definite problems, one should not purchase 32xx watches 2) There may be problems but not enough to make a difference.

I look at The Market and still see empty cases. That tells me the vast majority of people are in group [2].
Old 17 October 2023, 05:46 AM   #67
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
I haven't either, but all the previous 32xx threads were swept up and merged. I predict this one will be as well. The camps are divided: 1) There are definite problems, one should not purchase 32xx watches 2) There may be problems but not enough to make a difference.

I look at The Market and still see empty cases. That tells me the vast majority of people are in group [2].
No, the majority are in group [3] : Aren't even aware there are reports of issues.

The vast vast majority of Rolex owners don't visit internet forums.
Old 17 October 2023, 10:33 AM   #68
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperjack View Post
I am a watchmaker at an AD. I have personally serviced four 32xx movements under new-sale warranty this month alone. We've sent in many more in the past year to an RSC for the same issue. I found this forum specifically due to the amount of new watches we were seeing come back to us. The issue is very real.
Did someone (here in this thread) say it wasn't real ?
Old 17 October 2023, 11:56 PM   #69
WatchSmith
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I am a watchmaker at an AD. I have personally serviced four 32xx movements under new-sale warranty this month alone. We've sent in many more in the past year to an RSC for the same issue. I found this forum specifically due to the amount of new watches we were seeing come back to us. The issue is very real.
I'm a watchmaker too. Exactly what problems are you seeing? My personal 32xxs run beautifully.
Old 18 October 2023, 12:43 AM   #70
Pepperjack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchSmith View Post
Exactly what problems are you seeing?
When I get in 32xx movements under warranty, it's often because a client is experiencing their watch losing time. The watch is typically -10 s/d or greater, and the amplitude is quite low - around 215 or so.

Both of these problems are alleviated during a service, wherein the barrel is replaced, often a train wheel is replaced due to a scored pivot, and the up-to-date lubrication points are followed. I don't think enough time has passed yet to say the issues have been completely resolved - they may be only delayed.
Old 18 October 2023, 01:00 AM   #71
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
When I get in 32xx movements under warranty, it's often because a client is experiencing their watch losing time. The watch is typically -10 s/d or greater, and the amplitude is quite low - around 215 or so.

Both of these problems are alleviated during a service, wherein the barrel is replaced, often a train wheel is replaced due to a scored pivot, and the up-to-date lubrication points are followed. I don't think enough time has passed yet to say the issues have been completely resolved - they may be only delayed.
Would this issue even apply to more recent examples with a 32XX movement? I would expect that Rolex has implemented a fix into a 2022 or 2023 manufactured movement.
Explorer 124270
Omega Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary
Old 18 October 2023, 01:52 AM   #72
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:

I don’t think whether it’s a real issue is the point the OP is making. It’s the attitudes of some, regarding it. If your watch has the issue, send it to RSC, and get it sorted. Simple as that. ….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 18 October 2023, 02:17 AM   #73
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by uansari1 View Post
Would this issue even apply to more recent examples with a 32XX movement? I would expect that Rolex has implemented a fix into a 2022 or 2023 manufactured movement.
The is part of the issues with some people. They "expect" something from Rolex on this and nothing has been forthcoming.
Old 18 October 2023, 02:24 AM   #74
Goatrope
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 Explorer II
It's common internet forum behavior to have folks become deniers or proofers.

On a bass guitar forum I read the same arguments, multiplied by three, if you can believe that. At least here the pearl-clutching and purse-swinging seems to be focused on just the 32xx lightning rod.

On this other forum, we have topics like "neck dive", "dead spots", and "strap locks" that draw all the same dismissive responses to the tales of woe.

Emotions run high when folks feel personally dismissed or attacked. We love our watches and instruments, and defend our choices and opinions about them to the death, it seems.
Old 18 October 2023, 05:32 AM   #75
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatrope View Post
It's common internet forum behavior to have folks become deniers or proofers.

On a bass guitar forum I read the same arguments, multiplied by three, if you can believe that. At least here the pearl-clutching and purse-swinging seems to be focused on just the 32xx lightning rod.

On this other forum, we have topics like "neck dive", "dead spots", and "strap locks" that draw all the same dismissive responses to the tales of woe.

Emotions run high when folks feel personally dismissed or attacked. We love our watches and instruments, and defend our choices and opinions about them to the death, it seems.
Boys & their toys.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Old 18 October 2023, 01:13 PM   #76
goodolejr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I don’t think whether it’s a real issue is the point the OP is making. It’s the attitudes of some, regarding it. If your watch has the issue, send it to RSC, and get it sorted. Simple as that. ….

Kat

What about when the problem returns, but the warranty is now expired? Then what?
Old 18 October 2023, 01:16 PM   #77
KatGirl

Why can't people have a civil discussion about 32xx movment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolejr View Post
What about when the problem returns, but the warranty is now expired? Then what?

Did that happen to you? If so, I’d pay for service, then sell it. BTW, I have a new Rolex, with that movement. So, I am in the same boat as others. So far, mine is keeping excellent time.

Kat

Old 18 October 2023, 01:16 PM   #78
goodolejr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Hi Pepperjack. Thank you for joining the Forum and for sharing your observations and experiences. We are lucky to you have and look forward to learning along with you.
Old 18 October 2023, 01:20 PM   #79
goodolejr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Did that happen to you?

Kat

It's happened to countless owners both in the 32xx main thread as well as the offshoots. Some sent their watch in three times (maybe more) over the life of the warranty, and still, a permanent solution was not implemented before the factory coverage perished.
Old 18 October 2023, 02:28 PM   #80
Rollei35
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's happened to countless owners both in the 32xx main thread as well as the offshoots. Some sent their watch in three times (maybe more) over the life of the warranty, and still, a permanent solution was not implemented before the factory coverage perished.
116500LN (white)
116610LV
116622 (blue)
118238 (white)
124200 (silver)

how is your 124200 doing? that's only one 32xx movement in your list
Old 18 October 2023, 02:59 PM   #81
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

Civil discussion may be up for definition and debate.

Setting aside direct personal attacks it appears the split may be between those who operate from direct vs general experience (or, less strictly applied, statistics).

Personally, as someone without one of the impacted movements (but seeking to add one soon), I see it as a real problem. Even if end up lucky and dodge the bullet. If allowed to persist there is a likelihood that when the market normalizes these movements will be avoided in favor of those that do not have these issues. So even dodging the bullet results in holding a less favored timepiece - and losing one aspect of Rolex ownership, value retention.

For the moment I will continue to consider adding one or more impacted pieces because a) the cost to me in relative terms isn’t large enough to fret over and b) I remain somewhat hopeful that Rolex will ultimately address the issue with enough pressure. Partly because the reputational harm may outweigh the cost of owning up to the problem (“may”… this remains tbd)…
Old 18 October 2023, 04:32 PM   #82
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Old 18 October 2023, 05:44 PM   #83
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Its not the end of the world if any watch looses or gains 10-30 seconds out of 86400 in a day.When the warranty has expired if worried your watch is out either way by seconds then you will have to pay for service its that simple.But now there must be several million 32 movements in this world and Rolex can still sell every one they make, so they cannot be that bad can they.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 19 October 2023, 12:08 AM   #84
KatGirl

Quote:

Sounds like you are one of the people to whom the OP is referring. You don’t own a watch with this problem, yet are very bothered by the issue.
Why? I knew of the potential issue, when I chose my watch. I’m confident Rolex will figure it out. People who buy a Rolex can afford to service them, when necessary. So, for me, I ‘m not overly concerned, as you seem to be. Just relax.

Kat

Closed Thread