The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 February 2023, 06:35 AM   #721
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
That’s unfair to hockey pucks.
agreed, I have use for hockey pucks, they make good 'jacking pucks' for my C5 ZO6 !
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2023, 02:55 PM   #722
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Eagles played poorly on defense in 2nd half and made two massive mistakes (the Hurts fumble + giving up biggest punt return in Super Bowl history) but overall looked like the better team. NFL officiating is crooked and sketchy. Didn’t gamble on this game and plan to never gamble on NFL again. It’s simply not worth it spending your money on rigged games.
i beg to differ on the eagles looking like the better team. football is a 4-quarter game, 60 minutes long. the eagles looked to be the better team for ONE half of the game. they didn't stop the chiefs from scoring a single time in the 2nd half. it was basically a tale of two games condensed into 1.
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2023, 02:57 PM   #723
omar10213245

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Was it ever established it was a hold or just a touch because I saw it twice and never saw a hold?? Too soft a call down the stretch to be that impactful on the outcome.
you serious? how did you not see it? there's plenty of still shots out there showing it plain as day

Old 15 February 2023, 03:02 PM   #724
omar10213245

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Interesting stat:

There were over 60 pass attempts in the game yesterday between the two teams. The total number of PI or Defensive holding calls:

One (1)

I am not a Philly fan, had no money bet on the game, couldn’t care less the Chiefs won, and who knows what would have happens had that penalty not been called, , (chiefs miss the field goal, there is a roughing the kicker penalty, the Eagles are unable to move the ball after the kickoff to tie or win the game etc.). but to decide the most important game of the year on a ticky-tack penalty call is am insult to NFL fans and an embarrassment to the NFL organization.

Yes, this is all JMHO, and congrats to the Kansas City Chiefs, I actually think they deserved to win, but that ref decided it.

60+ pass attempts and that was the only penalty huh?
i'm sorry, but this is such nonsense. the ref didn't decide it, the eagles' atrocious 2nd half defense is what decided this game. all they had to do was to get at least one, maybe TWO, punts out of the chiefs in that 2nd half, and there's a VERY good chance they're champioons today. hell, if they could've held just one of the chiefs' 3 touchdowns in the 2nd half to a fg, that might've been enough. and they couldn't come close to doing it. this supposedly amazing defense of theirs was eaten alive in the 2nd half, mahomes running around on a busted ankle, guys catching passes with no eagle within 2-3 yards of them, walk-in touchdowns, hell they averaged over 6 yards per carry in that 2nd half. SIX!!
Old 15 February 2023, 03:19 PM   #725
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar10213245 View Post
i'm sorry, but this is such nonsense. the ref didn't decide it, the eagles' atrocious 2nd half defense is what decided this game. all they had to do was to get at least one, maybe TWO, punts out of the chiefs in that 2nd half, and there's a VERY good chance they're champioons today. hell, if they could've held just one of the chiefs' 3 touchdowns in the 2nd half to a fg, that might've been enough. and they couldn't come close to doing it. this supposedly amazing defense of theirs was eaten alive in the 2nd half, mahomes running around on a busted ankle, guys catching passes with no eagle within 2-3 yards of them, walk-in touchdowns, hell they averaged over 6 yards per carry in that 2nd half. SIX!!
Your apology is under further review, probably be over turned.

Oh, by the way, despite the fact that the Eagles played atrocious defense, and that Mahomes showed a courage and talent and leadership for the ages, DESPITE all this the FACT remains that if that ref does not make the call, the most probable scenario that would have presented is this: The Chiefs lead 38-35, kick off, and the Eagles have the ball at their 25 yard line with 1:45 to play and one time out, to either get in a position to kick a tying field goal, or score a touchdown and win the game. Who knows what would have actually happened, Philly turns it over on downs, throws an interception, scores with time left on the clock and Mahomes wins with a final drive, who the heck knows. The only thing we DO know is that probably scenario was not possible because the REF made that call and ELIMINATED the chance to play it out. Was it a penalty? Yeah, sure. Did it stop him from catching the ball? Have any effect on the play?. Not even close. It is an embarrassment; and I am not an Eagles fan and believe the Chiefs deserved the win, but I hate seeing one ref throwing a flag for a tickey tack foul that decided the game.

So, how long have you been a Chiefs fan?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2023, 03:38 PM   #726
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
i beg to differ on the eagles looking like the better team. football is a 4-quarter game, 60 minutes long. the eagles looked to be the better team for ONE half of the game. they didn't stop the chiefs from scoring a single time in the 2nd half. it was basically a tale of two games condensed into 1.
This is why I love TRF. Everyone knows everything here, and knows it with complete certainty.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2023, 04:14 PM   #727
Adamj79
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Packers make playoffs, go on the road, get hot, lose in NFC Championship. 11-6 in regular season. Rodgers last year.
Adamj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 02:25 AM   #728
omar10213245

Quote:
Your apology is under further review, probably be over turned.

Oh, by the way, despite the fact that the Eagles played atrocious defense, and that Mahomes showed a courage and talent and leadership for the ages, DESPITE all this the FACT remains that if that ref does not make the call, the most probable scenario that would have presented is this: The Chiefs lead 38-35, kick off, and the Eagles have the ball at their 25 yard line with 1:45 to play and one time out, to either get in a position to kick a tying field goal, or score a touchdown and win the game. Who knows what would have actually happened, Philly turns it over on downs, throws an interception, scores with time left on the clock and Mahomes wins with a final drive, who the heck knows. The only thing we DO know is that probably scenario was not possible because the REF made that call and ELIMINATED the chance to play it out. Was it a penalty? Yeah, sure. Did it stop him from catching the ball? Have any effect on the play?. Not even close. It is an embarrassment; and I am not an Eagles fan and believe the Chiefs deserved the win, but I hate seeing one ref throwing a flag for a tickey tack foul that decided the game.

So, how long have you been a Chiefs fan?
lol i was rooting for philly, i wanted to see mahomes and company go down. i'm actually a diehard Steeler fan. but my point still stands, if the eagles defense wasn't so piss poor the entire 2nd half, they'd very likely be getting ready for a parade in the streets of philadelphia this week.
Old 16 February 2023, 02:28 AM   #729
omar10213245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
This is why I love TRF. Everyone knows everything here, and knows it with complete certainty.
you said it, brother
Old 16 February 2023, 03:34 AM   #730
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
lol i was rooting for philly, i wanted to see mahomes and company go down. i'm actually a diehard Steeler fan. but my point still stands, if the eagles defense wasn't so piss poor the entire 2nd half, they'd very likely be getting ready for a parade in the streets of philadelphia this week.
I’m not arguing that point, their defense sucked the second half, if it was at all decent they would have won easily, DESPITE that fact, they STILL had a chance to tie (win) if it were not for that terrible penalty call. The ref eliminated that chance and decided the game.
Old 16 February 2023, 04:05 AM   #731
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
I’m not arguing that point, their defense sucked the second half, if it was at all decent they would have won easily, DESPITE that fact, they STILL had a chance to tie (win) if it were not for that terrible penalty call. The ref eliminated that chance and decided the game.
Totally agree. The ref’s injected themselves into the story at the most inappropriate moment and cheated us out of an epic finish to an otherwise great game.
Maleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 04:17 AM   #732
omar10213245

Quote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Your designation of the call being "terrible" is something I just can't jive with; had it NOT been a legitimate hold, then yes, it would've been a terrible call. When the Rams got away with blatant pass interference against the Saints in the NFCCG back in 2018, THAT was a terrible (non) call. And it's important to keep in mind, that the referees don't owe anything to anyone as far as "how a game is being called", each penalty (or lack thereof) is supposed to be recognized (or not), independently of other incidents. People bellyaching about how loose the game was officiated and how there wasn't any other defensive interference in the game, is basically because the rest of the game was pretty cleanly-played, from the passing game perspective. Go back and watch, the Chiefs' eligible receivers were catching passes with nobody within arms' length of them for much of the evening, certainly the 2nd half. And during that replay, when you watch it again, there is clearly some tugging on the back of Juju's jersey going on; when a ref sees that, REGARDLESS of how much it does or does not affect the "catchability" of the pass, that yellow flag is coming out, 99 times out of 100. Had Bradberry merely just put his hand on Juju's lower back, I would sympathize with the Eagles, but given what actually transpired, I cannot.
Old 16 February 2023, 04:39 AM   #733
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
The image of Mahomes pointing and whining for the flag… he wants to win, like Brady, and that’s great. But to me it’s not fun to watch that type of behavior. Needling the refs for calls should itself be a penalty.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 05:26 AM   #734
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Your designation of the call being "terrible" is something I just can't jive with; had it NOT been a legitimate hold, then yes, it would've been a terrible call. When the Rams got away with blatant pass interference against the Saints in the NFCCG back in 2018, THAT was a terrible (non) call. And it's important to keep in mind, that the referees don't owe anything to anyone as far as "how a game is being called", each penalty (or lack thereof) is supposed to be recognized (or not), independently of other incidents. People bellyaching about how loose the game was officiated and how there wasn't any other defensive interference in the game, is basically because the rest of the game was pretty cleanly-played, from the passing game perspective. Go back and watch, the Chiefs' eligible receivers were catching passes with nobody within arms' length of them for much of the evening, certainly the 2nd half. And during that replay, when you watch it again, there is clearly some tugging on the back of Juju's jersey going on; when a ref sees that, REGARDLESS of how much it does or does not affect the "catchability" of the pass, that yellow flag is coming out, 99 times out of 100. Had Bradberry merely just put his hand on Juju's lower back, I would sympathize with the Eagles, but given what actually transpired, I cannot.

Nope, we can’t agree to disagree; we agree. It was a callable (is that a word?) penalty; he grabbed the jersey. Did it affect his ability to catch that pass? NO How many other jersey grabs in the 60 plus pass attempts of the game were not called? ALL of them. You say 99 out of 100? You may be right. This is the last two minutes of the Super Bowl, you haven’t called a SINGLE PI or defensive holding penalty all game, THIS should have been that one out of 100.

Let the players decide the game.
Old 16 February 2023, 05:29 AM   #735
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Moral of the story is wear white gloves with your white sleeves when the opponent wears a white jersey.
Old 16 February 2023, 05:37 AM   #736
omar10213245

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Moral of the story is wear white gloves with your white sleeves when the opponent wears a white jersey.
^lol this right here. gamesmanship is such a clutch part of these match-ups. Was listening to Colin Cowherd yesterday, and he talked about how Bill Belichick once told him (or maybe it was one of the former Patriots, can't remember for sure) about how, when the pats would play a team wearing their road jerseys, to make sure to wear white gloves, so that it would be damn near impossible to see actual clutching/grabbing of the jersey
Old 16 February 2023, 05:38 AM   #737
omar10213245

Quote:
Nope, we can’t agree to disagree; we agree. It was a callable (is that a word?) penalty; he grabbed the jersey. Did it affect his ability to catch that pass? NO How many other jersey grabs in the 60 plus pass attempts of the game were not called? ALL of them. You say 99 out of 100? You may be right. This is the last two minutes of the Super Bowl, you haven’t called a SINGLE PI or defensive holding penalty all game, THIS should have been that one out of 100.

Let the players decide the game.
The players DID decide the game; the Chiefs scored 24 points in the 2nd half all while the Eagles' defense looked feeble and inept, the Chiefs got enough stops on defense themselves, and had a punt return that almost went for 6. The Chiefs won that game, not the refs.
Old 16 February 2023, 05:59 AM   #738
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
The players DID decide the game; the Chiefs scored 24 points in the 2nd half all while the Eagles' defense looked feeble and inept, the Chiefs got enough stops on defense themselves, and had a punt return that almost went for 6. The Chiefs won that game, not the refs.
Yeah… No. Regardless of the defense and plays and coaching the Eagles had a CHANCE, to tie or win the game; except the ref made that call. The refs decided the game. With the privilege of calling a penalty, comes the RESPONSIBILITY of knowing when to call it. ZERO (0) calls the whole game, you are going to tell me not one of those 60 plus pass plays could have had a penalty called? Of course. The refs kept the flags in their pockets and let the players play. There was nothing egregious, not on the last play either, yet that ref picked that play to throw the flag? Yeah… it was the wrong call (to throw the flag). Oh I am not saying Philly would have tied or won, and good on the Chiefs, but that flag deprived millions of fans, the Eagles, and the rest of the league the opportunity to see possibly one of the greatest endings to a Super Bowl. They kept the flags in their pocket the entire game, except for that play, on a third down, in field goal range in the last two minutes of the fourth quarter. That ref decided the outcome.
Old 16 February 2023, 06:28 AM   #739
omar10213245

Quote:
Yeah… No. Regardless of the defense and plays and coaching the Eagles had a CHANCE, to tie or win the game; except the ref made that call. The refs decided the game. With the privilege of calling a penalty, comes the RESPONSIBILITY of knowing when to call it. ZERO (0) calls the whole game, you are going to tell me not one of those 60 plus pass plays could have had a penalty called? Of course. The refs kept the flags in their pockets and let the players play. There was nothing egregious, not on the last play either, yet that ref picked that play to throw the flag? Yeah… it was the wrong call (to throw the flag). Oh I am not saying Philly would have tied or won, and good on the Chiefs, but that flag deprived millions of fans, the Eagles, and the rest of the league the opportunity to see possibly one of the greatest endings to a Super Bowl. They kept the flags in their pocket the entire game, except for that play, on a third down, in field goal range in the last two minutes of the fourth quarter. That ref decided the outcome.
your take on this whole matter is incorrect. the game was still a fantastic game. not every superbowl is going to end like the rams-titans or steelers-cardinals.
Old 16 February 2023, 07:31 AM   #740
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
lol remember when an analyst said Lamar was really good at handing off the ball to his RB because his skin was so dark
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 08:11 AM   #741
omar10213245

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
lol remember when an analyst said Lamar was really good at handing off the ball to his RB because his skin was so dark
lol yes. i'm sure he wanted to stuff in a twix in his mouth at that moment
Old 16 February 2023, 09:02 AM   #742
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
your take on this whole matter is incorrect. the game was still a fantastic game. not every superbowl is going to end like the rams-titans or steelers-cardinals.
Well I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Old 16 February 2023, 09:32 AM   #743
omar10213245

Quote:
Well I'm glad you enjoyed it.
lol well, like i said, i was kinda bummed because i wanted to see KC go down (and i like jalen hurts, good kid), but ah well. at least it wasn't a blowout or a snoozer
Old 16 February 2023, 10:49 PM   #744
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Beginning my isolation retreat today.
10 weeks until the draft.