The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 September 2022, 07:59 AM   #1
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Has anyone taken one of the guided "Factory Experience" tours at Jaeger-LeCoultre?

While I have been patiently (and now rather impatiently) waiting over the last 18 months for my privilege to spend my hard earned money on a Rolex Sub, other brands are very eagerly emailing me information and reaching out to welcome me into their stores to come experience their products.

Probably the nicest messaging has been from Jaeger-LeCoultre. Today they sent me an email just saying they appreciate me being interested in their products and that if I have any questions I am welcome to call them at their toll free number or I am welcome to stop into any of their boutiques and authorized dealers to see and experience what they have. I get nothing like that from Rolex, by the way.

A few weeks ago I received an email from JLC about their new factory experience tours at their HQ in Switzerland, where you can sign up to take an "Experience" guided tour that allows you to get hands on with various aspects of the design or build process, in addition to a more traditional tour of the facility. Each experience tour has a different theme to it and some are longer than others. The longest of these are 3 hour experiences where after the regular tour the facility, you then spend the afternoon with the designers, or spend the afternoon with the Atmos Clock folks, or spend the afternoon with other departments that are of interest to you. Maybe you really like the dials and hands and you want to see how they create and finish the dials. Or maybe you are fascinated by movements and you want to see how they assemble the movements from the various parts. There are many more themed experiences and you can do any or all of these if you are staying there long enough.

They will even help you arrange accommodations nearby if you like.

It sounds pretty cool and I think it's great that they are so open to allowing their customers to come visit and experience their passion for watchmaking and the art and precision of it. JLC clearly wants me to become a lifelong customer and supporter of their brand.

Has anyone had a chance to take a tour or do one of these guided experiences yet?
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote