The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 26 September 2022, 01:50 AM   #1
mattmartin
"TRF" Member

Part no for 126600 clasp springbar for closure mechanism B32-23058 does NOT fit

I have a 126600 SD43 and I need a springbar for the clasp - the part of the clasp that engages the hook & anchor closing mechanism. Glidelock clasps use two kinds of springbars; one holds the t-shaped part that holds the locking hook part (same springbar holds the foldover latch also); the other rests inside the adjustment mechanism and holds the link in the plastic shoes/spacers that slide within the clasp allowing adjustment.

I purchased a genuine Rolex B32-23058 springbar, which according to various internet searches and ebay sellers, fits all of the glidelock clasps - the T-shaped portion that affixes the components that hold the clasp closed. However, upon inspection, this is not true - this part is roughly 1-1.5mm too short. When I attempted to install it into the clasp, I discovered that the bars are not long enough to engage into both springbar holes.

After further research, I found a post here and discovered that the SD43 and the newer divers beginning with "12" (instead of "11") have a wider clasp at over 19mm wide. This means that your 126600/126603/124060/126610/12661XXX are NOT compatible with clasp springbar number b32-23058.

Do any of the watchmaker experts on the forum happen to know the correct part number for the clasp springbar that I need? If you know of a source, that would also be helpful...

Although I was fortunate to buy my SD43 new from an AD, they have flatly refused to sell me spare springbars.
mattmartin is offline   Reply With Quote