The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 2 October 2022, 04:37 AM   #1
Gva1985
"TRF" Member

Norqain?

Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is doing great.
I am mostly a Rolex collector but I am contemplating getting a “Wild One” from Norqain. I think it could be a good everyday watch that does not attract too much attention while also being entirely Swiss made with an acceptable movement. Have you tried or own a Norqain? What is your opinion on the brand?
Cheers
Gva1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 11:57 PM   #2
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Love the brand, I have the neverest explorer.. Fits so comfortably, the lume is amazing, very sturdy with plenty of water resistance. For me it's my go to beater.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2022, 01:25 AM   #3
dannyp
Banned

Even sort of has a Rolex movement. Well, not really, but Norqain is part of the consortium (along with Breitling and Chanel) that developed the newest Tudor movements.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2022, 03:35 AM   #4
Gva1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobrooks View Post
Love the brand, I have the neverest explorer.. Fits so comfortably, the lume is amazing, very sturdy with plenty of water resistance. For me it's my go to beater.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for your feedback ;) I am exactly looking for a (nice) beater and the Neverest DLC-coated is also very interesting. Quite a bit cheaper than the Wild One which is a good thing. Lume shots look great.
Old 3 October 2022, 03:36 AM   #5
Gva1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
Even sort of has a Rolex movement. Well, not really, but Norqain is part of the consortium (along with Breitling and Chanel) that developed the newest Tudor movements.
Exactly. This is one of the reasons why I started considering Norqain.
Old 3 October 2022, 09:39 PM   #6
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Almost $5k seems like a lot of money for a plastic/rubber watch and so-called "in-house" movement featuring only about 40 hours of power reserve.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2022, 01:53 AM   #7
Gva1985
"TRF" Member

It’s a bit steep indeed for a new brand without much pedigree… the movement has 70 hours of power reserve though
Old 4 October 2022, 05:48 AM   #8
Cru Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gva1985 View Post
It’s a bit steep indeed for a new brand without much pedigree… the movement has 70 hours of power reserve though
It’s a Kenissi-supplied movement, like in several brands, Tudor included.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2022, 11:21 AM   #9
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
I considered one for a while, ultimately concluded there are better options for the money. The owner has a history with Breitling, ex-CEO or maybe part of the family.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2022, 02:33 AM   #10
JTL31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gva1985 View Post
Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is doing great.
I am mostly a Rolex collector but I am contemplating getting a “Wild One” from Norqain. I think it could be a good everyday watch that does not attract too much attention while also being entirely Swiss made with an acceptable movement. Have you tried or own a Norqain? What is your opinion on the brand?
Cheers

Sorry, I didn’t mean to high jack your thread this morning; I didn’t see your post! I too am curious to learn about the brand. I’m interested in their various Ladies series. I like their price points. I own Oris to Rolex so am open to various brands. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2022, 11:03 PM   #11
Gva1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL31 View Post
Sorry, I didn’t mean to high jack your thread this morning; I didn’t see your post! I too am curious to learn about the brand. I’m interested in their various Ladies series. I like their price points. I own Oris to Rolex so am open to various brands. Cheers!

Thanks for your message, no need to apologise ;) it is a relatively new brand so the more we know about it the better
Old 9 December 2022, 04:23 PM   #12
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Very interested in this brand and the Wild One as well. They are very open about who they’re working with, so I appreciate the transparency. Price might be a little steep for this particular model, but they’ve also got some nice stuff for about half the price. I got to check out a couple in person recently (not the Wild One) and they seem to be very well-made and good “bang for the buck”. I am hoping to see more in person soon and really want to see a Wild One in person to see how it feels.

usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2022, 05:41 PM   #13
PT_91
"TRF" Member

The brand became somewhat "famous" in Switzerland because some of our most successful hockey players are involved (e.g. Roman Josi (current captain of the Preds) and Mark Streit (Stanley Cup Winner with the Penguins and former captain of the Islanders). Imo they have quite a few interesting models that I could see myself buying, however I also think that the price points are a little ambitious for such a new brand.
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2022, 11:01 PM   #14
DJH1977
"TRF" Member

I got to try these in person last week. They are supremely comfortable on the wrist. Very light and contoured to the wrist. I have too many watches as it is, so I didn't buy one. Do you have a retailer nearby to try?
DJH1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 08:01 AM   #15
buddenfan
Banned

Whats the proper way to say the brand name? Nor-Cain?
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 04:31 PM   #16
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Almost $5k seems like a lot of money for a plastic/rubber watch and so-called "in-house" movement featuring only about 40 hours of power reserve.
This
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 09:11 AM   #17
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Whats the proper way to say the brand name? Nor-Cain?
Anyone?
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 10:16 AM   #18
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Anyone?

I believe that’s correct.

usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 12:43 PM   #19
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Just got my wife this new LE 40 mm independence. Mother of pearl dial, black diamond bezel.. She loves it .

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 06:15 PM   #20
Yellowfury
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
I really like the black and green wild one but it's too expensive for me (I might be a buyer at 3k but not at 5-6). Also not a huge fan of the way the movement looks and I kinda wish they didn't do a see through caseback.
Old 21 December 2023, 02:49 AM   #21
Phlippe
2024 Pledge Member

I happen to see the line the other day. The SA tried to tell me how it’s a in-house movement, it’s a Kenissi with Norquain on the rotor. The brand is very proud of the name as NORQUAIN is plastered on the case opposite side of the of the crown in the same spot Blancpain likes to plaster theirs. Where Blancpain is in the case Norquain sticks out like a pimple. The designs are Mem homologations from others with nothing original standing out. Prices all seemed $2,000-$3,000 over priced for what you’re getting. I tried to figure out who they viewed their competition and given the price point Tudor and Omega came to mind. Tudors are much higher fit and finish with cheaper costs. They reminded me most of Omega, at least Norquain bracelets are nicer than Omega. What justifies the costs I don’t see, it would make a good entry level sports watch in the Hamilton price range. The cases where not refined in there design, feeling to chunky on my wrist, the brand name was plastered on the case making it look garish. I was told the power reserve was only 40 hours not 70, for the prices they charge it should be 70. The watches could be so someone jam but not mine. I was shocked at how expensive they where for the fit, finish and wrist feel. To each their own, I hope I’m completely wrong and the brand does well and takes off.
Phlippe is offline   Reply With Quote