The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 October 2022, 06:31 PM   #2041
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
I've held a RO and an Antartique in my hand numerous times, and once side by side. So, yes, I have experience enough to know my point.
No doubt. And your point is that your taste is better suited to a RO. Totally fair. Just wish you'd have experience enough to stop confusing taste with quality.

Just kidding my man. You raised some fine points in your last post. Always room to improve on all watches.
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 08:36 PM   #2042
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
No doubt. And your point is that your taste is better suited to a RO. Totally fair. Just wish you'd have experience enough to stop confusing taste with quality.

Just kidding my man. You raised some fine points in your last post. Always room to improve on all watches.
The funny thing is....despite how i am coming off, I do really like the Antarctique. It's a fantastic watch. Haha.

Enjoy it well everyone.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 09:46 PM   #2043
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
The funny thing is....despite how i am coming off, I do really like the Antarctique. It's a fantastic watch.
Yup, i can tell. Overall it truly is an exceptional piece befitting of an independent

Monochrome_Purple_Dial.jpg

---------

And now, back to some added info and content from Czapek

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 11:15 PM   #2044
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
There’s a video I’d like to see ^

I’ve always wanted to put a name to a face of some of the guys in this thread!
Joking calm down lol
Old 1 October 2022, 11:24 PM   #2045
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I’ve always wanted to put a name to a face of some of the guys in this thread!
Joking calm down lol

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 2 October 2022, 03:03 AM   #2046
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

Uncle Hulka?
Old 2 October 2022, 04:59 AM   #2047
Patek_collector
"TRF" Member

it would be good if anyone got the glacier blue to post some pictures... many of us are waiting for deliveries which seem to be delayed!
Patek_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 06:33 AM   #2048
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
Uncle Hulka?
My (probably) feeble attempt at adding levity and humor.

Personally, it's been a rough week due to Ian, roofers will be here tomorrow or Monday as we lost a few roof tiles (well, we didn't lose them as I know where they are now. Buuuuuut they're not where they should be). Am grateful as not too far from us was devistated. So any humor right now is welcome

Enjoy your time

Old 2 October 2022, 08:19 AM   #2049
Cayenne06
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: VC Overseas DT
Quote:

Personally, it's been a rough week due to Ian, roofers will be here tomorrow or Monday as we lost a few roof tiles (well, we didn't lose them as I know where they are now. Buuuuuut they're not where they should be). Am grateful as not too far from us was devistated. So any humor right now is welcome

Enjoy your time
As another east coast resident I can empathize with your (and your neighbor’s) current situation. Living in the coastal plain of NC all my life we have survived many hurricanes (even those from Miami ;-)). We escaped this one. Wish you and your neighbors God Speed and all the best as you dig out of this.
Cayenne06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 11:37 AM   #2050
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post

“Most of you Antarctique owners would want bevels”…really? How do you know? Have you spoken to all of us? Are you an owner yourself? But since you assumed, let me correct you and say No, I dont want bevels. Actually, i never looked at my Antarctique and said: “Urgh i wish it had bevels…”

They only issue has been the loose connection to the case. We have flagged it to Czapek. They have listened and they have fixed it. Something you cannot say about other brands.

So stop insisting that the Antarctique bracelet is not good enough. You have multiple owners here that tell you otherwise. And yes, i have both the Antarctique and the RO 15500. So unlike you, I am in a position to compare them and make a proper judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s getting ridiculous now. Despite making multiple valid points and sharing his own experience at trying these watches, _Speedmaster_ is now being attacked on basis of not owning a Royal Oak and Antarctique.

So this is from someone who either owns or has owned all top tier luxury sports watches and has two Antarctiques on order. The Antarctique bracelet is inferior to all watch bracelets in its price range. You cannot change my mind because that is my own experience. Not yours, mine. Heck it even feels lower quality than my Alpine Eagle bracelet. And yes, as a future owner, I want chamfers on the bracelet. Go take a hike. And next time, don’t attack people on the basis of not owning a particular reference or try representing all collectors. This is a watch forum and everyone here is entitled to their own opinions.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 08:19 PM   #2051
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
It’s getting ridiculous now. Despite making multiple valid points and sharing his own experience at trying these watches, _Speedmaster_ is now being attacked on basis of not owning a Royal Oak and Antarctique.

So this is from someone who either owns or has owned all top tier luxury sports watches and has two Antarctiques on order. The Antarctique bracelet is inferior to all watch bracelets in its price range. You cannot change my mind because that is my own experience. Not yours, mine. Heck it even feels lower quality than my Alpine Eagle bracelet. And yes, as a future owner, I want chamfers on the bracelet. Go take a hike. And next time, don’t attack people on the basis of not owning a particular reference or try representing all collectors. This is a watch forum and everyone here is entitled to their own opinions.

So you have 2 Antarctiques on order but you don’t own one yet. But somehow you are still convinced its inferior to all its competitors. Interesting… Feel free to take that hike yourself.

BrunoMalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 09:05 PM   #2052
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post

With all due respect. This may be a bit of an overreaction.

Speedmaster was not personally attacked. His/her points were, but there is a big difference between the two. A healthy forum should encourage debate and highlight differences of opinion. Otherwise, it devolves into a disingenuous hype train.

I see nothing personally degrading when someone says they own both of the watches being compared and might be able to offer a more insightful perspective than someone who does not. Speedmaster’s rebuttal (that he has also seen both in person and can also speak to his physical inspection) was a perfectly fine response. There was nothing personal in that exchange… so what’s the problem?

Old 2 October 2022, 09:13 PM   #2053
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Enjoy your time

It was a great reference, I was playing along by quoting the movie… Hulka: “your mamas are not here to take care of you now. It’s just you, me and Uncle Sam. And before I leave you, you’re gonna find out that me and Uncle Sam are on in the same.” John (Bill Murray): “Uncle Hulka?”

So probably my feeble attempt at humor.

Anyway, sorry about the storm. I hope all is recovering well.

Old 2 October 2022, 10:10 PM   #2054
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

All good

------
------

A healthy debate is a good thing, yet when it comes to passions....

How about we move on instead of beating this now proverbial dead horse? We know, they know, we have opinions, we agree to disagree, so can we finally get to the "Nothing more to see here about the bracelet, move along" phase of this thread? Pretty please with sugar on top and a cherry.

308117837_5299032086891294_4981419455381547081_n.jpg

Old 4 October 2022, 12:49 AM   #2055
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
If you look at the bracelet it suits the watch. The watch is thin and therefore so is the bracelet. The watch case has sharp lines and thus the bracelet. the inner parts of the links that are against your forearm are rounded off. The clasp assembly could've been a little more refined as its very square cut. Its easy to criticize but for example the RO bracelet on a Czapek wouldn't look correct due to design. I think the nautilus bracelet has a killer design and has a ton of hand finishing so don't see the constant gripe there either. Just because someone wants a chunky bracelet is more of a personal thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg q.jpg (35.7 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg r.jpg (89.7 KB, 498 views)

Last edited by szabo_martin; 4 October 2022 at 12:59 AM.. Reason: Added pics
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2022, 03:04 AM   #2056
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Leaving aside the personal preferences, there are some factual evidences that are being provided when commenting the Antarctique bracelet. And frankly it does not appear as an attack to the watch, which instead appears really appreciated, but only as a constructive critic, also by owners. It seems a mature approach, not a destructive one.
Probably the RO bracelet on the Antarctique would not aesthetically fit (I use the adverb “probably” because I totally agree with this statement but eventually it is a matter of tastes and for somebody it may be the perfect fit), but the point here is the overall quality and finishing of the two bracelets. The Antarctique bracelet shows some (few) areas of improvement, especially in the overall looseness of links and connection with case. Minor things, but considering the segment targeted by the watch, the comments are on marginal aspects. The general complexity of RO bracelet appears higher … as early as the 5402, the RO bracelet boasts more than 150 components, including the perfectly finished studs and links (in a perfect, smooth but not loose fitting), combined with the pins and screws. What’s wrong in saying that the RO bracelet is an industry benchmark in terms of complexity/quality and finishing, whilst the Antarctique bracelet has some rooms for improvement? This is just a calm and balanced consideration, on a very attractive watch as the Antarctique is and that, as everything in the world, may be the top on some aspects (many, I would say here) and have some areas of improvement in others.
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2022, 03:17 AM   #2057
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

I think what may have triggered people though was, and I forgot who made the statement actually, is that he was "rethinking" his Czapek deposit, meaning, he was contemplating not buying the watch altogether.

The implication was that the bracelet was so bad, he might not buy the watch at all.

So it came off as a rather strong negative reaction...not merely an opinion or a statement of mere subjective taste....that the bracelet was so bad he was going to pull his deposit, that I think triggered the autoimmune response.

Anyway, my 2 cents.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2022, 03:32 AM   #2058
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

People are free to buy what they want. The wait list dictates a strong demand so cancelling an order just means someone who wants the watch gets it sooner.
Old 4 October 2022, 08:48 AM   #2059
Bug04
"TRF" Member

This statement can be applied to any product/service on the mkt, at least on the free world.
But the point is fairly admitting some characteristics of the bracelet that … simply are there, like the slight (slight) looseness or connection to case (factual area).
Then, many may deem these aspects as minor/irrelevant issues of an outstanding watch, few may be disturbed and step back (tastes area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
People are free to buy what they want. The wait list dictates a strong demand so cancelling an order just means someone who wants the watch gets it sooner.
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 12:31 AM   #2060
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

The "slight looseness" is a result of the quick release. Czapek could've used a screw but they chose to be innovative. As you mentioned, it doesn't bother me, some people its a deal breaker. I think Bentleys are great cars but I don't like them so bought an S class coupe. What matters to some is irrelevant to others. Its not to diminish any bodies opinion hence the choices on the market.
Old 5 October 2022, 09:31 AM   #2061
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
The "slight looseness" is a result of the quick release. Czapek could've used a screw but they chose to be innovative. As you mentioned, it doesn't bother me, some people its a deal breaker. I think Bentleys are great cars but I don't like them so bought an S class coupe. What matters to some is irrelevant to others. Its not to diminish any bodies opinion hence the choices on the market.
We are in the process of sourcing a thicker spring bar. That'll solve the few wobble issues.
mikemargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 12:58 PM   #2062
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Mike, how are the Glacier Blue models coming along? Have they started delivering to US customers yet or still none?
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 10:34 PM   #2063
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
We are in the process of sourcing a thicker spring bar. That'll solve the few wobble issues.

If you do, would be great if the watch could be supplied with both … I’ll trade off a little wobble for better comfort, which is what many of the above posts imply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 03:17 AM   #2064
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

You can get spring bars of all different kinds yourself, assuming there is nothing "special" about the type of spring bars necessary.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 06:12 AM   #2065
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag5178 View Post
Mike, how are the Glacier Blue models coming along? Have they started delivering to US customers yet or still none?
First few have shipped this month.
Old 6 October 2022, 01:42 PM   #2066
rag5178
"TRF" Member

That’s great news!
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2022, 02:26 PM   #2067
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mike - do you have any idea of "slippage" time? My build was estimated Jan 2023. I presume it will be later than that, but it would be nice to know just how much later?
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2022, 11:24 PM   #2068
stateman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
Mike - do you have any idea of "slippage" time? My build was estimated Jan 2023. I presume it will be later than that, but it would be nice to know just how much later?

Yes - great question. Appreciate the supply chain challenges in the current environment but the lack of clarity on potential delivery delays is disappointing. It could be a month or a year for all we know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2022, 02:08 AM   #2069
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
I can't see in the order admin system the original estimated ship date, or build date vs actual delivery date.

I can inquire to the factory and see if I can get a reply on the subject.
Old 10 October 2022, 07:20 AM   #2070
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Mike, I am correct to assume that all Czapek deliveries in US will be routed through you to the AD or to the end customer (direct order with Czapek). So all the Glacier Blue Antarctiques are first coming to you even though my order may be through an AD. If correct, how long is the delay from the order shipping from Czapek to actually arriving at the AD in US?

Thank you.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote