The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 15 September 2022, 12:51 AM   #901
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
I swapped the Pano version for the 39.5. I just wanted to experience both and didn't need to own both I loved and still do love the Pano version and can always rebuy down the road and even try a different color (probably would go for two tone) but for now just wanted to give the little brother a GO.

Will take some time to really compare as I owned the Pano for awhile and wore it a lot but initial impressions:

- miss the Panodate it's just such a great complication. However the date window in 39.5 is just fine and I like better in person than pictures no date would be great though.

- the smaller size isn't necessarily better it's just different. I like that it's thinner especially but never felt the 43.2 was too big.

Old 15 September 2022, 03:10 AM   #902
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilLynott View Post
but for now just wanted to give the little brother a GO.
I see what you did there
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 03:30 AM   #903
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotway View Post
Wow! That green looks great! I have been eyeballing this one…could you tell me your wrist size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 7 inch wrist.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 06:47 AM   #904
Bensrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: '67 Patek 3541 WG
I was getting self conscious about my rapidly growing watch collection, so I bought this for my wife…just spectacular, with ever changing, iridescent
sparkle and color.

Bensrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 07:15 AM   #905
JRedford
"TRF" Member

That’s a beauty.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
JRedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 07:24 AM   #906
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensrolex View Post
I was getting self conscious about my rapidly growing watch collection, so I bought this for my wife…just spectacular, with ever changing, iridescent
sparkle and color.

Beautiful. Very nice gift.
MichelleP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 08:21 AM   #907
www777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
In my hands

Looks amazing. Congrats. Are these offered through regular ADs? When did the come out? How do you like it so far?
www777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 08:28 AM   #908
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

I believe the "Disco Blue" dial came out a couple of months ago. It is a limited edition, but I do not believe it's a boutique exclusive.
Old 16 September 2022, 12:34 AM   #909
59_Burst
"TRF" Member

Saw this at The AD in NYC and could not believe the depth of the dual, as good as Moser. Thought I’d dress it down on a rubber Tropic strap. I think it works.

59_Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2022, 01:22 AM   #910
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
I've given SeaQ Blue much consideration lately. I love everything about the watch but the only disappointment is the solid caseback. Knowing the new rose gold version has the clear caseback like the Panorama Date, what do you think the chances are that a clear caseback will become available for the SS SeaQ?
Old 21 September 2022, 01:33 AM   #911
ChaseATX
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5270g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
I've given SeaQ Blue much consideration lately. I love everything about the watch but the only disappointment is the solid caseback. Knowing the new rose gold version has the clear caseback like the Panorama Date, what do you think the chances are that a clear caseback will become available for the SS SeaQ?

I can see them going either direction. But it would be odd not to update anything else on the watch and just the back. The new good was a new variant so it made sense.
ChaseATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2022, 01:44 AM   #912
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59_Burst View Post
Saw this at The AD in NYC and could not believe the depth of the dual, as good as Moser. Thought I’d dress it down on a rubber Tropic strap. I think it works.

Love the strap on that watch!
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2022, 03:02 AM   #913
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
I think it's quite likely that will be an offering at some point in the future.

I've owned both the 43.2 and 39.5 blue dials the latter for just a week now. I miss the panodate since it's one of my favorite complications but that's it. I don't miss the see through caseback at all it's a total non issue for me. To me the pano see through caseback is just okay it's nothing really special to behold I owned that for a year or two and after the first week or so don't think I ever flipped the watch over.

Now my panomaticlunar that's a different story that movement is one that NEEDS to be shown off.
Old 21 September 2022, 04:19 AM   #914
ChaseATX
"TRF" Member

Such a fun watch to own. Has to be seen in person to really grasp the dial.
Old 21 September 2022, 04:36 AM   #915
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
Some gorgeous GO's posted here. Love it , my favorite brand by far!!!
Old 21 September 2022, 05:02 AM   #916
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think it's quite likely that will be an offering at some point in the future.

I've owned both the 43.2 and 39.5 blue dials the latter for just a week now. I miss the panodate since it's one of my favorite complications but that's it. I don't miss the see through caseback at all it's a total non issue for me. To me the pano see through caseback is just okay it's nothing really special to behold I owned that for a year or two and after the first week or so don't think I ever flipped the watch over.

Now my panomaticlunar that's a different story that movement is one that NEEDS to be shown off.
For a dive watch, a solid case back is not an issue for me. In fact, aren't display case backs the exception and not the norm for a dedicated dive watch?
Old 22 September 2022, 01:25 AM   #917
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
For a dive watch, a solid case back is not an issue for me. In fact, aren't display case backs the exception and not the norm for a dedicated dive watch?
These days probably 50-50 5 years ago more were solid from my experience. But now omega is all display then even brands like tudor have a display option. It's what people want so they do it and are still able to get huge water resistance so why not. So many don't need to be seen IMO tho
Old 22 September 2022, 01:26 AM   #918
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Threw on a white rubber strap won't last since I love the bracelet but a nice change of pace look

Old 22 September 2022, 02:36 AM   #919
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Threw on a white rubber strap won't last since I love the bracelet but a nice change of pace look

I like the look but agree, bracelet is too nice with that glide lock clasp
Old 23 September 2022, 06:15 AM   #920
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Old 25 September 2022, 03:42 PM   #921
Jerrocop
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 39, SeaQ
Back on the bracelet. I never tire of looking at this watch.

[IMG]
Jerrocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2022, 12:58 AM   #922
Aplover5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
What a beautiful watch and strap, is the strap available to purchase?
Aplover5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2022, 08:25 AM   #923
ChaseATX
"TRF" Member

Anyone hear about a SeaQ Chrono out there? I’m hearing rumblings.
Old 28 September 2022, 09:36 AM   #924
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseATX View Post
Anyone hear about a SeaQ Chrono out there? I’m hearing rumblings.
Yes, there will be a SeaQ Chrono. I was at an event for Glashutte and it was mentioned all though no official announcement yet
Old 28 September 2022, 01:16 PM   #925
Jerrocop
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 39, SeaQ
A new Chrono to be revealed on Sept 29th? Interesting.

[IMG]
Jerrocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2022, 11:43 PM   #926
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
I like the look but agree, bracelet is too nice with that glide lock clasp
Back on bracelet!

Old 4 October 2022, 03:08 AM   #927
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
Beautiful. Very nice gift.

What a great Lady DJ alternative!

I think the Lady Serenade is also underrated. I've been thinking of picking up my wife one as she sometimes likes to steer clear of "what's popular". It's between a 34 Aqua Terra diamond bezel MOP dial and the Lady Serenade.
Guppydriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2022, 03:14 AM   #928
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
I swapped the Pano version for the 39.5. I just wanted to experience both and didn't need to own both I loved and still do love the Pano version and can always rebuy down the road and even try a different color (probably would go for two tone) but for now just wanted to give the little brother a GO.

Will take some time to really compare as I owned the Pano for awhile and wore it a lot but initial impressions:

- miss the Panodate it's just such a great complication. However the date window in 39.5 is just fine and I like better in person than pictures no date would be great though.

- the smaller size isn't necessarily better it's just different. I like that it's thinner especially but never felt the 43.2 was too big.

Good information and beautiful watch.

I am saving for a SeaQ PD. Yeah, it's a little big for my 7.25 inch wrists. I'd like to prefer the 39.5, but for me, you lose a little too much. That movement is too beautiful to be hidden and nobody (maybe at any level) had a nicer date complication than the panodate . Maybe if I had other GO's, but for my first I need to see the the movement and have that big date.
Guppydriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2022, 01:57 AM   #929
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
The Glashütte Original Thread - Including Pics

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Good information and beautiful watch.

I am saving for a SeaQ PD. Yeah, it's a little big for my 7.25 inch wrists. I'd like to prefer the 39.5, but for me, you lose a little too much. That movement is too beautiful to be hidden and nobody (maybe at any level) had a nicer date complication than the panodate . Maybe if I had other GO's, but for my first I need to see the the movement and have that big date.

I’ve had the 39.5 for about a year and I’m wild about it on my 7inch wrist.

I just paid DavidSW a visit and the PD model in blue is what I’m now contemplating.

I’m pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the SeaQ PD was and the dial on the blue model is killer.

I’m trying to justify owning both in my mind right now. I’ve been toying with the RG in either version and I’m a little obsessed, but the blue SS PD is wonderful too.

I wish I could have them all!
MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2022, 02:53 AM   #930
MONTANTK
"TRF" Member

Lots of eye candy in this thread! I think the panomatic reserve has jumped to the top of my list! Out of curiosity, is it possible to get a discount on GO from an AD?
MONTANTK is offline   Reply With Quote