The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 September 2022, 09:57 AM   #61
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by binArt View Post
He's not a bad quarterback, but I think if he was a consensus top 10 QB he would have had plenty of offers.
i think the uncertainty plays a big role in it since he sat out over a year. i imagine if this whole thing only lasted an off season he would have some more offers. i don't really know what to expect from him but those texans teams were pretty bad and he kinda dragged them to playoffs

in those 3 years i would put him in the 2nd tier of qbs, which today is something like herbert, murray, stafford, prescott. definitely top 10 though
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 10:15 AM   #62
binArt
Banned

Watch: 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i think the uncertainty plays a big role in it since he sat out over a year. i imagine if this whole thing only lasted an off season he would have some more offers. i don't really know what to expect from him but those texans teams were pretty bad and he kinda dragged them to playoffs

in those 3 years i would put him in the 2nd tier of qbs, which today is something like herbert, murray, stafford, prescott. definitely top 10 though
We'll see how he does this year on a pretty talented Browns roster (he looked pretty awful in limited preseason outings).
binArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 12:42 PM   #63
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Forget that clown I hope Burrow and Lamar finna drag him and the brownies. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Old 10 September 2022, 01:14 PM   #64
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Forget that clown I hope Burrow and Lamar finna drag him and the brownies. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
i miss lamar clowning on every team back in 2019. his highlight reel from that season will never get old
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 01:18 PM   #65
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C Date, Pepsi
I’m a massive Giants fan here. I never wish my teams to lose or tank but as mentioned earlier in thread, it’s time for “Danny Dimes” to go. He’s not the one. I wanted Justin Herbert so badly to replace Eli and it pains me to see how well he’s doing in LA.

As long as the Giants don’t embarrass the themselves against the Eagles or Giants, I’ll be happy,
REQUIEMnJADED4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 02:53 PM   #66
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
NFL chit chat 2022 Season

Quote:
rams looked horrible, bills looked really good even though they had a few turnovers. this feels like a classic opener where a bunch of fan bases overreact though so will be interesting to see how things continue

should be a competitive season though. gotta say the evolution of allen is insane, he came in to the league so raw and honestly was horrible. bills did a great job there

Yea, nobody’s handing anyone a shiny trophy after week 1. I wanna see my Bills do it week in and week out, then I’ll get really excited.

Right now, just optimistic bc we are really, really good. Last year, came out flat against the Steelers and something seemed off all year. Didn’t make that mistake this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar10213245 View Post
lol that poor Rams DB is going to wish he was never born when they fire up the film session on Monday morning. He'll never live that down as long as he lives.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/sta...57163217797122

Josh Allen doing Josh Allen things, trucking defenders.
MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 10:04 PM   #67
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
We are NY Giants fans. Rebuilding year. Optimistic about Daboll and Schoen. Last regime not ready for prime time.
scarlet knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 01:37 AM   #68
Ruddiger
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Howdy,

I’m a diehard, lifelong Browns fan. My avatar reflects it. As a season ticket holder my daughter and I went to every home game and I happily paid $5,000 a year to have the privilege of watching losing season after losing season, including such epic outings as 1-15 and 0-16.

That said, signing Watson was a bridge too far for me and I immediately cancelled my season tickets. I refuse to take my teenage daughter to games where we would have to root for a sexual predator. I want to win, but not at the price of my soul.

Until he is off the roster, I’ll wander in the wilderness like I did from 1996-1999 and do a lot more fall muskie fishing.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Ruddiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 01:49 AM   #69
JRedford
"TRF" Member

As an ex Houston Texan fan, which has been a painful experience since they were granted their franchise. I would say they are among the top 3 worst franchises in the NFL over that time.

Watson was just one of the many hapless and poor decisions they have made including letting JJ Watts (or forcing him to seek a trade) go and trading perhaps the best receiver at the time of an over the hill running back.

Like so many poorly managed franchises the blame fall squarely on the owner.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
JRedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 08:57 AM   #70
binArt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRedford View Post
As an ex Houston Texan fan, which has been a painful experience since they were granted their franchise. I would say they are among the top 3 worst franchises in the NFL over that time.

Watson was just one of the many hapless and poor decisions they have made including letting JJ Watts (or forcing him to seek a trade) go and trading perhaps the best receiver at the time of an over the hill running back.

Like so many poorly managed franchises the blame fall squarely on the owner.
OB should never have been allowed to touch the roster. It boggles the mind that the ownership thought he could be objective and calculating with the roster.
Old 11 September 2022, 09:13 AM   #71
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
Howdy,

I’m a diehard, lifelong Browns fan. My avatar reflects it. As a season ticket holder my daughter and I went to every home game and I happily paid $5,000 a year to have the privilege of watching losing season after losing season, including such epic outings as 1-15 and 0-16.

That said, signing Watson was a bridge too far for me and I immediately cancelled my season tickets. I refuse to take my teenage daughter to games where we would have to root for a sexual predator. I want to win, but not at the price of my soul.

Until he is off the roster, I’ll wander in the wilderness like I did from 1996-1999 and do a lot more fall muskie fishing.

Take care,

Ruddiger

Ruddiger, does this mean that if they make it to the super bowl you will not participate in watching? Just asking, purely hypothetical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 09:36 AM   #72
sleepydoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
as a giants fan watching the yankees pull off an all time collapse i don't want to be a ny sports fan anymore, but also the bar is set low so you can't really be disappointed at this point

gonna just bandwagon a team this year, maybe the chiefs or cards or bengals. very much looking forward to football overall though
So true.
sleepydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 10:01 AM   #73
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

As a Bills fan I’ve always been a silent giants fan for obvious reasons. Now that Daboll is there I feel differently. He left pissing and moaning and he’s local to top it off. Let’s see how special he is without 17.
Old 11 September 2022, 02:30 PM   #74
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by REQUIEMnJADED4U View Post
As long as the Giants don’t embarrass the themselves against the Eagles or Giants, I’ll be happy,
Sadly, the Giants are bad enough to embarrass themselves against the Giants.
Old 12 September 2022, 03:31 AM   #75
binArt
Banned

The swamp is the great equalizer. The Bears are surviving against a much better 49'ers team.
Old 12 September 2022, 04:08 AM   #76
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Now THIS, is how to watch NFL on a Sunday
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2C4E8132-DC8B-4ECB-9071-94368392CCA9.jpeg (286.9 KB, 61 views)
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 04:22 AM   #77
binArt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Now THIS, is how to watch NFL on a Sunday
Seems like a distraction. How do you keep up with all the remotes?
Old 12 September 2022, 05:08 AM   #78
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Seems like a distraction. How do you keep up with all the remotes?
I start setting up Saturday night
Old 12 September 2022, 05:19 AM   #79
binArt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I start setting up Saturday night
I guess staying up all night makes it easier to sleep through the Lions losses.
Old 12 September 2022, 06:56 AM   #80
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
I guess staying up all night makes it easier to sleep through the Lions losses.
Reported!!!!!!!
Old 12 September 2022, 07:19 AM   #81
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
The Patriots are going to have to do better than that.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 07:22 AM   #82
Ruddiger
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Ruddiger, does this mean that if they make it to the super bowl you will not participate in watching? Just asking, purely hypothetical.

Howdy,

Correct, I would not watch it unless it was to root against them. Make no mistake I love the Browns and it pains me not to watch them, but this is a stain on the franchise and, while I can overlook a lot of bad behavior from professional athletes, predatory sexual behavior is beyond the pale.

There is no amount of cognitive dissonance I can engage in to convince myself that it wouldn’t be anything other than sheer hypocrisy for me to pretend this was all OK. In the end, I have to be able to live with myself.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Ruddiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 09:25 AM   #83
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Howdy,

Correct, I would not watch it unless it was to root against them. Make no mistake I love the Browns and it pains me not to watch them, but this is a stain on the franchise and, while I can overlook a lot of bad behavior from professional athletes, predatory sexual behavior is beyond the pale.

There is no amount of cognitive dissonance I can engage in to convince myself that it wouldn’t be anything other than sheer hypocrisy for me to pretend this was all OK. In the end, I have to be able to live with myself.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Good for you.

Meanwhile the burgh held up against a rusty and still struggling to protect bengals squad. What a crazy game multiple missed FG at the end and in OT and a tight end trying to snap for the kicks on cincy proved to be a major issue.

I did not see the Pack vs Minnesota but damn cold start for the 50 million dollar man. He might want to spend less time taking ayahuasca and talking to Joe rogan lol
Old 12 September 2022, 10:00 AM   #84
binArt
Banned

Quote:
Good for you.

Meanwhile the burgh held up against a rusty and still struggling to protect bengals squad. What a crazy game multiple missed FG at the end and in OT and a tight end trying to snap for the kicks on cincy proved to be a major issue.

I did not see the Pack vs Minnesota but damn cold start for the 50 million dollar man. He might want to spend less time taking ayahuasca and talking to Joe rogan lol
"Therapeutic" Carlos Castaneda hullucinogenic dope smoking experiments aside, Rogers hasn't started hot since he quit playing in preseason games. He has to knock the rust off. The Pack has a good opportunity at home against the Bears next week.
Old 12 September 2022, 11:26 AM   #85
emersm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Howdy,

Take care,

Ruddiger
It’s hard to be a Browns fan sometimes and I understand and respect your position

For me, I cheer for the team.

If I gauged my moral compass on what and how NFL players acted off of the field, I don’t think I would root for any team.

Go Browns!!
emersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 11:30 AM   #86
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Good for you.

Hahahahha yeah, don’t think taking some time to talk to Rogan played any sort of factor.

Old 12 September 2022, 12:51 PM   #87
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Hahahahha yeah, don’t think taking some time to talk to Rogan played any sort of factor.

As always glad to have your input
Old 12 September 2022, 12:58 PM   #88
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
As always glad to have your input

As always, more than happy to provide. similar to yourself

Old 12 September 2022, 01:08 PM   #89
Star Ferry
Banned

The cowboys didn’t just lose. They failed to even compete.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 05:42 PM   #90
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
Good for you.

Was pretty cold start for him last year, too. How did that work out for him at the end?
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote