The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 2 October 2022, 06:18 AM   #1
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Breguet Tradition 7057

So it's come down to one of these. My Muse loves the contrasting dial version, I prefer the other (love both really). Just curious about your thoughts.

12d.jpg

11d.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 06:55 AM   #2
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Both are great. From just a picture I agree with your muse. If I saw them in person I might have a different answer.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 06:57 AM   #3
soho
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Breguet Tradition 7057

Love them both. Slight preference for number 1. Contrasts less with the subdial but more with that beautiful bezel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
soho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 07:18 AM   #4
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I side with you. I really like the retrograde seconds 7097 as well but this is purer.
Old 2 October 2022, 08:59 AM   #5
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I side with you. I really like the retrograde seconds 7097 as well but this is purer.
Exactly, purity of what Breguet historically represents (in a modern 'traditional' way). Do love the 7097 too, very interesting rotor.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 2 October 2022, 09:53 AM   #6
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

So hard to say. Both are very interesting. You do get some silver contrast on the non-contrast one but not anywhere as much. I first liked the non contrast one but the more I look the who silver plate appearance is a nice background for the rest.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 01:29 PM   #7
yoast
"TRF" Member

I'd go for a 7027BR/R9/9V6 Which has the original proportions. The newer ones are updated with larger cases but they kept the same movement proportions. They then added an odd shaped rehaut to fit the same movement in the now larger case. Looks a bit off tbh.
Old 2 October 2022, 06:54 PM   #8
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
So it's come down to one of these. My Muse loves the contrasting dial version, I prefer the other (love both really). Just curious about your thoughts.

Attachment 1322273

Attachment 1322274

I'm buying EXACTLY the same watch and I'm also thinking about the grey or red gold movement

I think I'll go for red gold.

The contrast is nice but red gold case and movement make it more warm
Old 2 October 2022, 06:55 PM   #9
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoast View Post
I'd go for a 7027BR/R9/9V6 Which has the original proportions. The newer ones are updated with larger cases but they kept the same movement proportions. They then added an odd shaped rehaut to fit the same movement in the now larger case. Looks a bit off tbh.
thought about that one too ... but 37 is imo way too small
Old 2 October 2022, 09:44 PM   #10
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoast View Post
Excellent point and debated exactly this of the 'original' size versus modern fashion 40mm. The original size works better for if/when my wife wears it as we share some pieces. Hmm..... she agrees 40mm as we just discussed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I'm buying EXACTLY the same watch and I'm also thinking about the grey or red gold movement

I think I'll go for red gold.

The contrast is nice but red gold case and movement make it more warm
Congrats, well played! Agree about warmer versus contrast. I like the warmer, yet think we're going with contrast. Look fwd to your wrist shots

Old 2 October 2022, 10:54 PM   #11
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

I'd also agree the original 7027 (if that guy is listening, I did own this watch) or the 7037 have better proportions. That said, you can't go wrong with any Tradition reference.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 10:59 PM   #12
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Choice number 1. I like the contrast on the dial.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 11:04 PM   #13
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
I'd also agree the original 7027 (if that guy is listening, I did own this watch) or the 7037 have better proportions. That said, you can't go wrong with any Tradition reference.
What led you to sell, if I may ask?
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 11:21 PM   #14
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlun View Post
What led you to sell, if I may ask?
I'm trying to exercise discipline in keeping to ten watches; so it's basically one in and one out at this point. I sold it in favor of a Laurent Ferrier.

That said, I love the watch. It's intriguing, well finished and wears great.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 11:39 PM   #15
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Agree the 7027 is more authentic to historic purity. That was part of my desire for the newer non-contrast version. Am in no rush on this decision, though at some point there should be a Breguet Tradition here imho.

Old 3 October 2022, 01:14 AM   #16
nicky77
"TRF" Member

I like the top version more as well.
Regarding 7057 vs 7027. I prefer the 7027 myself but you can not go wrong with either.
nicky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2022, 10:25 PM   #17
GreenRust
"TRF" Member

No wrong choice here IMO. I love (LOVE!) the Tradition collection...wonderful mix of contemporary and traditional. Breguet is tragically underappreciated. I would probably go for the 37mm, but size is always personal preference, as I said no wrong choice. Can't wait to see what you go for
GreenRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2022, 11:37 PM   #18
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
In pictures I didn't love the second one but finally saw in person this weekend on my nyc trip and loved it and would choose it personally.

I'm going to own a tradition in the near future as well and also figuring out which one. I love so many of them and seeing in person made me love even more.
Old 4 October 2022, 01:04 AM   #19
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks everyone, really do appreciate everyone's thoughts on this. We discussed it more and think we're gonna wait and see a few as there's no rush. Who knows, these models are vintage and perhaps new version will be released in 2023. Plus we want to double-check and see how the 40 versus 37 looks on our wrists.